Are there any books in which a lazy, idiotic...

Are there any books in which a lazy, idiotic, degenerate sack of shit puts no effort into life but ends up living a life of eternal joy and meaning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SkqbHQqLwMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go watch anime instead you sad piece of garbage.

my diary desu

don't like anime desu senpai

Well it's got plenty of the self insert stuff you want.

Candide ?

i self inserted into your dad's ass if you catch my drift

Just get into opiates.

The Wolf Of Wall Street

no, please elobrate

youtu.be/SkqbHQqLwMU

No there aren't because that concept is so retarded that no one would ever waste their time and energy to write something as stupid as that.

Might as well just watch anime.

No, but I can recommend you some books in which the lazy, idiotic, degenerate sack of shit ends up miserable and alone

My Diary DESU being the main classic of the genre

The Flashman series.

Rule of the bone by russel banks. Though, his entry point for degeneracy is the resilt of a childhood tragedy. Real good story

The Art of the Deal

Siddhartha

>eternal
no. closest I can think of is Tropic of Cancer.

Memoirs of a Good-for-nothing by Joseph von Eichendorff

Saul Bellow's Adventures of Augie Martch is literally this, except right when you think he's gonna make it, he fucks everything up again. This goes on for the entirety of the book until it ends and you realize just how sad a life of strife with no breakthrough really is.

A Confederacy of Dunces gets pretty close

>how sad a life of strife with no breakthrough really is

You mean most of us, right user? Gotta savor the good and try to forget the bad. That Thoreau guy once said, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

The Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser.

What about books where a dumb selfish idiot commits self centered crimes, hurts others, and ultimately gets off scott free and suffers no consequences?

It's the English way, friendo

Where does your sense of joy leak from?

"Hogg", by Samuel Delany

the bible if you read it right

No, you FUCKING retard.

Man, I really wish the author hadn't an heroed before writing his planned follow up novels.

my

Same

What did you mean by this?

Crime and punishment

Das Kapital

Suttree

oh stamper, you crack me up

The Good Soldier Svejk, kinda

I recommend anime and YA.

That's insulting!!

To anime that is...

In all seriousness, there are plenty of good anime that do not meet OP's low standards.

A few Italian folktales have lazy, gluttonous heroes who just happen to be insanely lucky

I asked him, he said he never felt a thing.

I love that video, user. The way they implement the music is 10/10.

Absurdistan?

Never in my life have I wanted to strangle a main character as much as I did that one.

Not many though.

No

Actually, now that I think about it, The Race For God is exactly that.