What are some books where the main character is a weakling who comes up against the ideal human?

What are some books where the main character is a weakling who comes up against the ideal human?

Anne Frank's Diary

Notes from Underground when that soldier bumps into him

Crime and Punishment

This is good, though the entire joke of that scene was the the soldier didn't really notice him.

my diary desu

The Bible, except the main character changes

was going to say that
Keep in mind that the soldier is only ideal in the hero from Underground's mind

Which characters? The detective? Rodya's friend?

Was going to say this

God that shit was so funny. I haven't read that in almost ten years but I remember that scene in particular being hilarious.

Detective. He's a level-headed public servant. I don't know if "ideal" is a good word, but yeah.

Raskolnikov slithers about on his belly from scene to scene

The ideal man in Crime e Punishment is Bonaparte

Confessions of a Mask, sort of.

A lot of Mishima's work has that. The Sailor who fell from Grace could be renamed the Chad who fell from Grace

Come to think of it, Pierre going up against Bonaparte in war & peace

naruto's first battle against sasuke.

Are you sure?
The main impression I got was that he was manipulative and slightly intimidated at times by ol raski who reacted in strange ways

>Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea
>Chad
>Murdered by his wife's son

lol

Sun also rises by Papa.

Jake & co vs. bullfighter kid. They all get literally cucked by said kid.

It's a good book but not worth reading solely for the weakling/ideal man aspect.

Holy shit who makes all of these drawings

The Double by dosto

This.

blood meridian, kinda

>doesn't understand blood meridian

laughing at you. and just for the inevitable reply saying that i don't understand it either: mccarthy clearly doesn't see the kid (now the man) as a weakling nor does the judge embody an ideal man. he embodies violence, something in which mccarthy fundamentally wishes for us to escape.

Seconded

Eh
Maybe it's the translations we read
It's also been years since I first read C&P

Sometimes A Great Notion is basically Chad vs r9k