When will culture change?

I'm sick of modern culture, it is just so meaningless, and it feels as if it hasn't changed in 10 years. There should be cultural change too, right? Not just technological... Are there any books on the subject?

Civil War is coming in Western Europe and the USA. China is going to be the only superpower and Christian.

Don’t worry, child. We’re getting a new #NomosoftheEarth. The fracturing of the old world order, and ushering in of a new, multipolar international politics is close at hand. Instead of the domination of one culture/way of life, you will see many flourish and compete for dominance. This will unleash cultural change and evolution the likes of which you have never seen before. Chin up. It gets even crazier from here on out. ;)

Start a gang.

>culture under capitalism

Don't have the charisma to lead anything anymore, nor would I want to start a gang :/

I'm not a sodomite

Culture has changed drastically in the past ten years, user. In 2008 Barack Obama grudgingly stated marriage was between a man and a woman, in 2017 people will call you a bigot if you don't want "transgender" people to be able to use whatever bathroom they want.

I hope it changes for the worse so someone can kill me already.

lmao. its going to be a multipolar world like pre-ww1. and chinese culture is already just as meaningless and consumerist as the west.

also AI is going to utterly reshape reality in 50 years. the future is going to get real weird.

Why did it have to be Pax Americana during the mass media revolution? any other country would've been better. And right after them will be the hegemon of Neo-America tier nuVeau Riche China.

Every generation has members who have contemporary culture and want either historical cultures or radically different future ones. In the scale of human civilization, culture is moving extraordinarily fast currently. Think of the culture shift in the last fifty years, the last hundred, and the last two hundred. Entire civilization would emerge and extinguish with very similar culture throughout the span of the civilization (obviously they changed, but early Assyrian and late Assyrian culture are much closer than Medieval to now). And most of the time the degradation of culture is pinned on whatever new medium was most recently invented like books, plays, radios, movies, tv, etc.

go set up a colony elsewhere in the solar system, be a dictator.

I'm unironically considering becoming an astronaut to see if the people who get to colonize Mars will make a better culture

maybe it has been rapid, but the current culture is hard to endure

there's been plenty of cultural and political change in the last 10 years
you're just a faggot

EMP! EMP! EMP! EMP!

You do realize you have the greatest ability in human history to find, create, or join any culture possible, right? It's as using Google to find like-minded people or find a culture you identify with and moving there. Move to some Bohemian art and drug circle in Amsterdam and break your cellphone if you fucking feel like it.

these threads make me want to listen to James Ferraro

>You do realize you have the greatest ability in human history to find, create, or join any culture possible, right?
why oh why do you feel qualified to post here

Reddit.

Ten years ago, people believed that a sober Obamian neoliberalism would be adequate to handle the world's biggest issues and even improve upon the status quo. Simply stay the course without colossal blunders like the Iraq War, people thought, and the USA would be fine.
Only the paranoid fringe gave thought about the decline of the West.
Something like the reactionary right wing movement alive today on Veeky Forums was unimaginable back then, desu.
In 2007 Christianity was just running out of steam as a legitimate aspect of public discourse--Pres. Bush was an actual Christ believer, in contrast with Obama's universalism and Trump's naked individualist ethos--the internet as a skeptic's forum and Jon Stewart et al would basically make atheists of the millennial cohort.
That's legitimate change in a decade.

I was thinking this the other day. It will be the culture of The New World all over again. A new utopia. I will be Mars' first man of letters, screencap this

Compare the 50's to the 60's

Compare the smartphone era to the time before the iPhone. It's more a structural/medium changing than a change of actual cultural content, but still, it's something.
But yeah I do agree with you, and I also think a sea change on that huge an order of magnitude is maybe ten or twenty years away.
I think we will witness how quickly culture changes when the comfort and security of modern life is no longer guaranteed, but instead is a prize that nations must fight for, and deny to possible usurpers.

Civil war in Europe, shooting duel in the South China Sea, Korean war, any one of these situations and many others would force the ice to crack really quickly

this cover is sick
how is the book?

Who's most responsible for creating the culture?

Jews.

Go after the source. There is a group of aliens poisoning our culture. Stop hiding from the truth and blaming capitalism.

Revolt against this Modernity in all its forms

My favorite book so far. Life changing.
Go watch Jack Donovan's youtube speeches to get an idea of how the book feels

thanks
will do

The only changes will be negative :P