/out/ gave deer. Wat do?

/out/ gave deer. Wat do?

eat it

Jerky

Is deer Wellington a thing

it could be. I wonder if it's not too tough to work with puff pastry, though.

give it to me

fresh cracked black pepper and mustard seed crust
honey blackberry sauce (add a little rosemary and vinegar, sort of a sweet-sour effect, salt to taste)
root veg in butter

Just one advice: Whatever you do, don't make it well done, unless it's burgers or sausages. Animals that run and jump a lot tend to have very strong meat because of all the exercise, so cooking venison well done would make it leather.

sous vide and sear

feed it to your dog. deer is yucky trash

1: Butterfly into steaks
2: Tenderize flat
3: Schnitzel
4: Eat
5: Throw out the deer sausage

Shit tier maste m8, deer is fucking awesome.

White trash fried venison is the fucking bomb.

Slice venison into 1-2'' pieces
Combine flour, salt, pepper, lemon pepper
Coat venison bits in the seasoning
Fry till desired doneness
Use leftover juices to make gravy

Shit is simple as hell and food-snobs would look down on it I'm sure, but I promise you it is one of the greatest fucking things you'll ever taste

jerky, stew, chili, cook it like you would stew meat

fry it like chicken fried steak
>flour
>eggwash
>breadcrumbs
>throw in pan of hot oil
>wait til crispy brown
Delicious. They give you any backstrap or heart?

Backstrap yes, no heart

>deer sausage
>ground deer

What is the difference between these two? they both appear to just be ground deer meat.

No idea.

Sausage generally has increased fat content (possibly from additional sources, like pork) and spices/seasoning. It could also be that some guy wanted to write sausage instead of ground. It doesn't look like there's added fat, but maybe it's a blood sausage mix or something oddball like that, too.

Throw it away its been pissed on and fucked

I can smell the gameness from here
>gags

I usually make Biltong, droewors and boerewors but ideally you do that before freeing the meat.
Let me know if you would like some recipies and I'll post it here.

If you've got the medallions just grill them brodie

marinate a roast in Worcester(auto correct not helping), soy sauce, rosemary, salt, pepper. grill over high heat until seared, put in oven at 400 until it reaches 130f, let sit 10 min and eat.

Sure thing.

Grind it and make burgers. Add an egg, bacon and some chopped green pepper before you grill to emulsify and add flavor.

unironically kys

I've been slicing pieces thinly and marinating overnight in soy sauce, mirin, garlic, sesame oil, green onion, hot pepper and honey then grilling over charcoal and eating it like KBBQ wrapped in lettuce with a dab of kolchjang or miso, sliced pepper, slivers of garlic, kimchi, etc. and rice. Fucking goat.

This is one culinary use for which A1 sauce is perfect. Marinate your giant forest rat with A1, soy sauce, worcestershire, oil, vinegar, garlic, onion powder, oregano, pepper, salt if you must. Grill, braise, or roast according to cut and preference, but make sure you don't let it get over 130 degrees, because it'll get tough as fuck.

>here's how to ruin venison
I'm happy to have the satisfaction of knowing you've never killed and butchered your own deer, but tried to salvage your friend Billy Bob's 2 year old freezer burned abomination he gave you when he cleaned and defrosted his freezer.