How can I fix my godawful handwriting...

How can I fix my godawful handwriting? The reason it's bad is because I'm always trying to scribble as much text as fast as possible. Is there a way to be neat AND fast (not cursive)? I've looked online, but most of them amount to "just do it."

only way to go fast and still retain some aesthetic quality is to learn cursive.

this. you can still get fast at good handwriting, but it'll involve the same process: go back to printing slowly and do it perfectly. once you do it well, you do until you do it faster.

same investment as cursive for probably slightly slower top speed and same legibility.

or you can go the other end, give up spelling for speed, and learn shorthand and record phonetically.

Honestly, type or learn shorthand. You're not supposed to be writing as fast as you are.

you can't fix handwriting man

it's the most direct expression of your true self when you let it do its thing

if its messy then roll with that fact,

you are somehow "messy"
Don't be ashamed, there is plenty to do with that attribute

of course you can change handwriting. its not a fucking astrological sign

This is the most retarded thing i've ever read.

You're gonna have to learn cursive. "Fast" and "non cursive (print)" are mutually exclusive. Besides, cursive objectively looks better and fancier.

handwriting is more indicative that you know

*people's perceived baises about handwriting is more confirming than you know. I can't remember how many campus psychological studies I've seen where they compare handwriting and what an observer thinks about what type of person wrote it. Handwriting analysis in relation to personality is confirmation bias pseudoscience on the level of MBTI.

I did it in steps, first just focus on writing it on the line for a while, then focus on letter spacing, then pick up a couple letters to fix, eventually getting it all.

Make sure you have the tripod grip while writing. The writing should also be based on your upper arm and shoulder, not just wrist.

Cursive-print chimeras are probably faster than straight cursive or print.

Learn Gregg

jfc user, i know you mean shorthand but what i heard was this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCx0NeffRfI

Just learn cursive like a normal person who wasn't ruined by American """"""education.""""""

It's faster and more aesthetic.

True but OP must know that he can't skip learning cursive if he wants to do it right. I've seen print-plebs do that and it's just fucking terrible.

>Not real letters looks better
I hate cursive in all languages.

>then pick up a couple letters to fix
I think you just found me a solution. I took to distinguishing 1s and 7s by drawing a line through 7s and serrifs on 1s. I just need to focus on the letters which are often ambiguous (at best) and change them into something immediately identifiable. Then it doesn't matter how sloppy I am, because I can read my own notes!

*serifs

Pleb

you could jerk me off, to strengthen your hand

I never understood why learning cursive is such a difficult task if you're used to block writing.
Do people really find it hard to pick it up later in life?

No. I just find it fucking ugly. Have since kindergarten. It's pretty revealing that one of the Asian translations for cursive is "sloppy writing".