>weighs less
>saves trees
>free or cheap books
>saves space
>condition doesn't deteriorate
>can be easily read in the dark without interrupting a sleeping spouse
>can easily search for a certain word
>can be annonated without being ruined

Why aren't you using a tablet to read your books Veeky Forums?

>tablet
buy an ereader faggot

i mostly read non-fic, where it helps to flick back and forth regularly when learning an equation, looking for answers to questions etc

For the same reason I don't use an electric toothbrush.

>cant survive emp blasts

In an event where the entirety of the internet is gone, you would probably be using your books for fire to keep you warm in the winter.
I already need a tablet with stylus for writing notes in class and for tutoring online.
Non reason. A regular toothbrush is lighter and takes less space.

Because books are the only items I have and they make me seem interesting

But no one will see all your books on their shelves and think you're clever.

I simply don't like the withe/blue light of my IPhone (if you any app to fix it I would be interested)

I have an e-reader, but a lot of books still aren't available in a decent format, só I either buy or lend them from a library.

>saves trees
I haven't done the math but I'm sure the resources that go into producing and maintaining tablets are way more than books require.

Just fucking lol if you think that the production of microelectronics is less harmful to the environment than the production of paper.

For the same reason I'd watch a play over a movie.

>can easily search for a certain word
This is the only thing I would like, I have my phone to hand though.

Meanwhile a bookshelf is beautiful, feels nicer to hold, is more of an accomplishment to finish, is much cheaper (where your cheapest ebooks are generally £2-4 I pay on average £1-3 for a used hardback) and will last several lifetimes long enough that my great grandchildren can enjoy them.

Cuz my books don't run out of power

>saves trees

Why does that matter? Trees are actually a sustainable resource. The things that go into electrical devices aren't.

The second law of thermodynamics might disagree with that statement.

>aesthetically unpleasing

Back to paper we are.

>can be easily read in the dark without interrupting a sleeping spouse
I don't know who the fuck you are dating/married to but my wife is definitely annoyed by the light of an ereader/tablet when the room is otherwise pitch black.

>my wife
>on Veeky Forums
How's that bed death you fucking beta faggot?

>if you aren't with your spouse 24/7 your sex life is terrible
wut

have you ever been in a relationship kid?

>The things that go into electrical devices aren't.

Recycling is a thing dumbass

Because you cant smell the hands of the girl who read it before you

All of your points are perfectly valid, but I still enjoy books more. I enjoy having physical objects line the walls of my house and I enjoy spending hours in second-hand bookshops. The nicest part of a physical paper book today is that it gives you some time away from god damned screens.

Unironically this.

I don't make any efforts to show others how much and what I read, but when they do notice it feels good. If I were to use a tablet or ereader I'd experience it a lot less.

Let me have this.

>a single shipment vs thousands (books, documents)
>multiple purposes vs 1 (it saves me from using pens, markers, erasers, folders, and other stationary)
>wasting space thus needing more building material, or same amount for less space available
>less than a kilogram of silicon, glass and plastic vs hundreds of kilograms of paper and chemicals
>electricity is saved since you don't need lighting
>less manual labour, which is an inefficient use of energy (expensive food for minimal joules vs cheap fuel for maximum joules in robots)
The same could be said by an ancient proponent of stone/mud engraving who hates paper.

Preaching to the choir here. Recently bought a new tablet since my old one was about 3yo. Although since I live in a 3rd world country I still entertain the idea of a Kindle since it's easier to carry in a backpocket, but the Kindle app is meh.
Is that Moon Reader? How do you get the footnotes like that?

Night mode, it's built in nowadays.

Yeah it is moonreader. The footnotes came like that with the pdf itself.

Why? Plays are shit.

I see, it looked like the theme I used so I was confused for a bit. Thanks man.

Then I'm buying something to entertain me and something to warm me when the ice age starts

This

I like physical books. I can hold them and I can flip trough them.
And I have plenty of space in my backpack to carry them. Plus I can memorize better when I read it in paper format.

Like I said, you’re not wrong. I just like paper books more.