Why is this so overlooked?

Why is this so overlooked?

Woah OP, i don't think anyone knew about this completely hidden gem. Thanks.

because camus is shit for plebs? i mean i still like the stranger but let's not pretend there's much going on there

Camus is a terrible writer

t. browsed this board for a month

reminder not to bump threads like these

woaaah what an insightful and constructive piece of criticism. You have surely convinced me of your arguments based on the merit of your persuasion and rhetoric.

But seriously, Camus has a few good points to make, particularly those in The Myth of Sisyphus.

>absurdist meme
>handfist heroic archetype just because he feels like it
at that point why abandon meaning at all?

>"hmmm... should i drink coffee or kill myself?"
>"being trapped in an eternal, personal hell is a goos thing, damn my heart is ao full of vigor and determination!"
damn what a gem

It's not, but because it's really hard to think that Sisyphus was happy. Camus didn't even let him have hope.

I'm reading this now but I think the language is so abstract and a bit repetitive maybe. It's like he's saying something but he's really not saying anything at all? Don't know if I'm the only one with that feeling.
I think it's a difficult book to read what do you think?

I thought it was rather straightforward.

Commentary on Communism in The Rebel was enlightening, but Camus's fiction is worthless apart from his ability to fuse style and content with the result of oppressive claustrophobia and final negation; despair. Koestler's "Darkness at Noon" at least delves into the experience of human futility. Campus receives unwarranted attention.

I'm unable to read it because it's an endless bombardment of sentences without a thread to follow.

I agree with you

it's a shit book written by a fucking faggot who would never have killed himself even if he didn't revolt(ing) *pukes*

suicide doesn't happen because some autist has a wee DEEPTHOUGHT about life, no it results from years of psychic suffering and a tolerance to hurting oneself

what's the best predictor of suicide?

being a french faggot?
getting hit by cars?
smoking FAGS?

no it's a previous suicide attempt.

I agree but I liked it mainly for the style desu

My suicide thoughts came after I realized how meaningless life is so I have to agree with Camus on this one. Though what you're saying is true too that many who commit suicide do it because of suffering

read the essay.
he was interested in any suicide, also mostly the idea of suicide and his conclusion was not to kill himself.

*not

The thing to note is that it isn't so much a bad book but an unfruitful experiment. Most of the time these sorts of things don't make it out of academic publishing, which would explain why it doesn't really work as a piece of literature. It simply isn't.

Camus was working on a problem that has yet to be solved and his scratch paper got published for whatever reason.

>problem that has yet to be solved
do you mean whether life is worth living?

>muh arguments using persuasion and rhetoric
>doesnt use either
nice

Agreed, I dropped it halfway through when it felt like a waste of time.