The Instagram Poet Outselling Homer Ten to One

Homer was a brainlet compared to /ourgirl/ rupi

thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bf7NbRFyg3Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that all time sales
or sales just this year?

I wonder what her sales will be like next year?

>Kaur does not like to read when she is writing, and says that she hasn’t finished a book all year.

>When I bring up the cottage industry of parodies, Kaur laughs. “That’s what I get a lot,” she says. “Like, this isn’t real poetry so I’m just going to enter some spaces and that’s it. I’m like, oh, God.”

it shows

Is she, dare I say it, the voice of OUR generation?

I wish all ape-skinned niggers were dead

this generation has their own voice

the ture voice of our generation is actually an artifact that was lost in the early 2000's

this is the voice of our generation
youtube.com/watch?v=bf7NbRFyg3Y

go away Don

>“This guy is the best,” she says, noticing an edition of Kafka’s complete stories; she’s referring to Peter Mendelsund, the book’s designer. “The dream is to have him design my next book.” His work, she points out, translates well across media — to different sizes, to posters, to digital.

i dont even like Kafka but damn
she knows the game though, plebs like good book covers.

"She is, deeply and truly, a poet of Instagram: Her work is human experience, tidily aestheticized and monetized, rendered inspirational and relatable in perfect balance."
Literature died with the 20th century.

The Guardian actually defended this woman.

Damn, what a genius.

You can tell the interviewer asked, "Oh, you like Kafka?" but edited out that line and paraphrased the next.

>On a cart at the Strand, Milk and Honey sits alongside Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit, and Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehesi Coates. Kaur read half of Between the World and Me. “I had to take notes,” she says — it was “more academic” than her typical reading. Recently she got Notorious RBG, and she’s been enjoying that.

Dude, but those are some pretty rad covers, imho.

>“I’m kind of a nerd,” says Kaur. “I’ve always loved English class and I love reading books, but, the truth is I never even understood the poetry we were given at school.”
>“I don’t want someone to read my poetry and think: what does that mean? So every time I’m writing, I’m thinking: OK, what word can I take out? How do I make this more direct? What’s too technical?
>The quick-fire click-and-swipe culture of social media – Instagram especially – has been key to Kaur’s meteoric rise. “I’ve heard someone describe it as fidget spinner poetry,” says Chris McCabe, who runs the poetry library at London’s Southbank Centre. “But it’s bringing lots of people to poetry who might otherwise never have engaged with it. And that’s a fantastic thing.”

FIDGET SPINNER OF POETRY

Why the fuck is the literary press giving her a pass? This is obscene

So it's basically for illiterates, she found her audience, I can't really hate that from a business stance.

Because any and all members of "oppressed" groups have some hidden depth to them that we as white males can never understand. It's the same reason why poptimism is still around.

she actually for social media spergs
so they can learn
how
to make their status posts
more
unique
deep
and satisfying

Literally the worst person to come out of my country, after Gandhi maybe.
>Inb4 poo go back to /pol/

kek I love how she thought that would look profound

but shes canadian

damn that's like the four horsemen of shitty modern 'woke' bestsellers

You say this, but just wait until she wins the nobel prize over deathbed murakami

she (or her publisher) obviously paid for it. rupi's so awful though that you can't even write a puff piece on her, this is a savage takedown

I would not have heard of this woman even once if I had stayed off Veeky Forums

Truly Veeky Forumss queen

most posted about poet on Veeky Forums ever.

Where's her forehead?

Its shrunken due to intense inbreeding common in Indian upper classes. It causes literal recessive degeneration back to our rodent like primordial mammal origin

Fun fact: this picture actually inspired the brainlet wojack meme

>im such a nerd xdd

I can actually respect that desu. Wabting to bring poetry to the masses is a nice sentiment

holy fuck, Veeky Forums btfo
you smug little white boys' """parodies""" are the object of derision by this melanated princess

The masses are better off not reading poetry, art today needs reliable filters not more shit

Naa, that pretentious attitude is exactly what led to the trash we see today

>what we need to do is add more trash to the dumpster fire

You'll learn eventually buddy

Keep looking at canvases with a single stroke of red down the middle, maybe you'll realise eventually that those pieces are the real dumpster fires

Nigger shut the fuck up. You're saying this in the context of defending a """poet""" who is encouraging people to think shopping lists are poetry.
Whats being presented as bringing poetry to the masses is really just further undermining standards for the Liberal middle class pseudowomen who already flood every literary journal with their shit

I'd still hit it but I know she doesn't shave anything

Anyway. Modern poetry is fucking shame. It's been usurped by rap music, pop culture and the poets who have survived are mostly far-left liberals who want to write about how hard it is to be a gay, brown muslim woman. I don't lean very much one way or another politically, but so many are so blunt and heavy handed their liberal values, it ruins it.

Damn shame. Something has to be done to reclaim

I feel like that was intentional, somehow. A subtle dig.

The whole article is a brilliantly executed hitpiece

rap is unironically better than most poetry today

Sexually frustrated grafitti in men's public bathrooms is better than most poetry today

u mad?

Like who the fuck cares lol

>lol umad bro Xd

Yeah, if she were a white bitch she would be dumped on in the press, totally obliterated, desu

Its funny because I said something, and you said something similar right back at me in the exact same way.

Yeah its hilarious alright

jesus that's a lot of cum

Ethnicity then

You can really tell how unappealing her features are in the contrast. Beady dark eyes, hook nose, muddy skin

Zika victims write poetry now?

Veeky Forums btfo

It's one signed copy of The Alchemist away from being truly perfect.

She doesn't take in the consideration they thought it was shit instead of blood

>She looks like someone prepared to tell you convincingly that “you / are your own / soul mate,” to quote one of her poems in its entirety.
Holy fuck guys, this is satire. The whole piece is like this. WTF, I love thecut now.

are women inherently degenerate or is this learned behaviour?

I'm gonna say learned, that they are naturally inclined to give into peer influence.I think attention factors into it to. My cousin who I've always viewed as an innocent girl (looks like pic related) recently turned 15 and is wearing "shorts" that are tiny enough to reveal her soft, pale ass cheeks and wears a lace choker with eye shadow that contrasts oh so well, just a young blooming teen practicing "sex positivity"! The mom of course doesn't see a problem, the dad is to feeble or doesn't hold enough leverage to change anything,but I can tell he cares ;). Forgot where I was going with this but I think the point is beat your daughters and smash marxism

Molly Fischer is the new Queen of Veeky Forums

Didn't she just release a new book? I think it might get more hate than the last one

Women are narcissistic attention-seekers who are distracted from higher aims by the constant reversion to their biological function.

They can't have friends, because their entire life revolves around being the best broodmare in the village and getting the big daddy Genghis Khan dick, so they will sabotage their own best friends and family if for a single fleeting moment their swirling emotions tell them it'd make them top of the pussy hierarchy. Their social groups are full of mutual hatred, drama, and shit-talking behind each other's backs.

They can't have real ambitions because their brains are tormented by contrary and conflicting desires. I have a female friend who is getting a PhD at Yale and she openly says her preference in a man is that he "makes her feel stupid" and is "worthy of owning her." But she also wants to be a high-powered businesswoman who is respected by all. She can never reconcile the two and she hates her life and herself as a result.

They're just insane. They're trapped in their own role as babymaker. Their psychology is an adjunct of their biology, which throws them for a loop every fifteen fucking minutes. They are pure energy and entropy, they can never stabilize into matter long enough to create something enduring.

>/ourgirl/
yeah no

>In the Instagram feeds of Kaur devotees, Milk and Honey appears beside plates of figs, cups of tea, scented candles, Polaroid photos, and the work of Paulo Coelho. It appears against rumpled white bedding and cloudscapes as seen from airplane windows, above lean thighs and beneath wilting floral arrangements. Its matte black cover — the words “milk and honey” and “rupi kaur” in lowercase white serif, plus two line drawings of bees — conveys the message “I am reading a book” with maximum directness and simplicity (plus a feminist gleam)

Holy shit they're shitting all over Kuar and her fanbase. Absolutely based

rupi's too popular too fast she's going to get shat on for something soon
probably while in the street