What is the best type of blue cheese?

What is the best type of blue cheese?

Stilton

I'm allergic to penicillin. Wish I could eat this shit and not die.

Sorry to hear that, Cambozola is a godly cheese.

Kraft

Thank god I'm only mildly allergic to molds.

I get red, itchy, and some minor swelling; but I can tolerate it in small amounts.

Maybe you should produce niche cheeses made with other types of mould

Its not the same thing retard.

You can eat it.

Maytag Blue

Bleu d'Auvergne

You can.

Got some the other week and it was pretty good.

I'm not sure if this is a thing, I'm allergic to penicillin and I can eat the fuck out of blue cheese

Stilton, every fucking time.

Well shit. That's just what everyone told me growing up, but I hope you guys are right. I'd probably talk to a professional first though.

There is no Best. It's subjective, a matter of preferrence. MY favorite is Cambozola.

*mold

All of it. in mah mouth

what are some key differences among bleu cheese? i havent yet because i still need to move out but i plan on becoming a major cheese snob

The funkier the better imo

Well I'm not a cheese snob but if you just get a bunch of different types you'll quickly notice that some of them have stronger smell and flavor, some are more salty etc.

Penicillium roquefortii, the species used in blue cheese, does not produce penicillin.

I like Shropshire very much, think I had Valdeon once, was very good. Roquefort is just a little over the top to be really enjoyable for me. Would like to try some good American cheese. Does anyone know where to get/order some in Europe at a reasonable price?

this.
it's not the same penicillin
last time i took amoxycillin it made me shit blood for three days
last time i ate blue cheese i was in heaven

pic related is GOAT blue cheese imho

The differences run the gamut as far and wide as the differences between "normal" cheeses.

Caveman Blue is the only correct answer

gorgonzola

Top three in order

1. Fucking Roquefort
2. Mont Enebro
3. Rouge River

All three, different styles, but the pepper notes in Roquefort are outstanding. The method of making Mont Enebro involves adding the bacteria to the outside only, not using copper rods to pierce the cheese, and it ages well. Rouge River because it's a great middle of the road bleu.

cheese have fucking antibiotics in them now? Have I been b8ed or ar you just an amerimutt?

They all have unique characteristics and each person's taste & experience is subjective thus attempting to define one which is "best", with no further qualification, is nonsensical.

>i plan on becoming a major cheese snob

Well for a start, stop calling it "bleu cheese". Either you're speaking English in which case it's "blue cheese", or you're speaking French in which case it's "fromage bleu".

All of em that are artisan tier.

Yes?

>Blue cheese is a general classification of cheeses that have had cultures of the mold Penicillium added so that the final product is spotted or veined throughout with blue, or blue grey mold and carries a distinct smell, either from that or various specially cultivated bacteria.

fpbp

There is absolutely nothing wrong, and a lot of things very very right, about a good Stilton.

Other blue cheeses are also fine.

Can someone explain this to me?
I used to eat blue cheese sandwiches daily for 2-3 years until one day it tasted weird and revolting. Got a different brand from a different store, still had that bad taste. Haven't had any since.

I like Maytag or whatever is the cheapest at the time

Bleu Cheese, soooo good

Castlello

i'm deadly allergic to penicillin and i eat tons of blue cheese. however, it actually is made with the same culture as is used to produce penicillin. same with brie. the enzymes in cheese break it down, so many people with injected penicillin sensitivities don't have a problem with it. other people have allergies specific to the mold and still have reactions, but it doesn't necessarily correlate to a penicillin allergy.

roquefort imo, all are gud tho

i second stilton and bleu d'auvergne,
bleu des basques and saint agur would be other favorits of mine.

Niva

toto

* mould

Roquefort, still the king of blues. But I'd like to put in a good work for St. Agur, an amazingly creamy blue.

Here in there US, there is an Amish line of blues called Salemville, and while they're not as good as the classics, they're really affordable, smoky, and stand up well to cooking and when mixed into sauces.

Rogue Creamery does brilliant cheeses. I wish they had more output/distribution.

Of those my faves are Valdeon, Shropshire and Roquefort.

Saint Agur is my all time favorite though, at room temp it gets gooey and melty and is GOAT on toast with onion jam.

Stichelton is the highest exponent of the form.

Have you tried the spreadable st. Augr? Shits like crack and makes an amazing dip