What should I make?

What should I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-blind-bake-a-pie-crust-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-197553
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bacon.

but that won't satisfy me nor feed me for a few days the same way a pie would

83-84 christmas turkey pie with all the trimmings

Sounds tasty. Thanks!

Christmas turkey pie with all the trimmings.

Invite over your nonexistent friends and your family who quietly loathe you and celebrate.

Fixd.

Roasted.

I moved away from my family so I specifically wouldn't be invited to holidays, or be required to invite them over for holiday meals.

that recipe is dreadful i've never seen anyone ever cook christmas turkey like that YUCK.

WHY ARE THERE NO CRANBERRIES!

WHY ARE THERE NO CRANBERRIES

TRIGGERED TRIGGERED

It's a British cookbook. Talks to the Brits.

That was going to be my suggestion too. Please do a cook along, user!

Hi! How did you 3 see the name of that dish? Half of it is cut off!

I have taken loads of pictures so far. Only half the dish has been started. Will begin posting shortly :)

I bought frozen puff pastry, because I really don't like making puff pastry. This is 1 package (2 sheets). 2 packages (4 sheets) is needed.

First we make the apricot stuffing.

Melt 1 tbsp of butter with 1 diced onion

Cook the onion until they are soft. Add the remaining ingredients, then cook for a minute (i love the smell of parsley!)

Add:
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (50 g)
1/4 cup diced dried apricots (50 g)

the recipe calls for sage, but I forgot to get some from the grocery. also, the sausage I purchased is mixed with sage so nothing was lost.

Remove from heat and let cool. My onions were still warm when I added the sausage after cooking the rest of the vegetables! Sausage and onion step will be at the end ok :)

Next, we dice 1 leek and 1 onion and add it to the pan with 1 tbsp of butter

I misread the recipe and added 3 tbsp of butter to my leeks and onions. Tasty tasty.

Also, my stove is on med-lo. Medium is usually too hot

When the leek and onion is soft, remove from the pan.

Add sliced mushrooms (my grocery sells them by 226 g packages even though the recipe asks for 250 g), 1 stalk of diced celery, and 1 tsp of thyme to pan with 1 tbsp butter

Cook the mushrooms and celery until the mushrooms are soft and golden.

Remove from the pan, add to your bowl with the onion and leek.

Add 1 tbsp butter and the pancetta to the pan. Cook until the pancetta is golden

It was hard to find pancetta, but Kroger sells Boar's Head pancetta in the deli cooler.

mmm sizzling fat

When the pancetta is ready, add the onion, leek, and mushrooms to the pan. Set stove to medium heat

Immediately add:
1 tbsp flour
Slightly less than 1/2 cup chicken stock (recipe says 100 ml)

Simmer for 1 minute

forgot the photo

Add 1/2 cup (150 ml) of half and half (single cream) and immediately turn off stove.

It thickened up quite fast!

Now that our onions and apricot are cool, we can add 1/2 lb (250 g) of pork sausage

I got a "country style" sausage from Fresh Market. It is ground with sage and pepper. Meat Man said it was like Jimmy Dean's and I've never had Jimmy Dean's so I hope I didn't fuck up.

Mix the pork and onions with your hands until combined. Ogle at the soft, squelchy feeling between your fingers. Don't forget to wash your hands.

My 2 bowls of stuffing are chilling in the fridge while I bake and cool the puff pastry. (And drink beer.)

Stay tuned!

I ALSO forgot to say, add the chopped chestnuts to the bacon, onion, and leek mixture.

Time to assemble!

1.) Stab yourself with a fork into both eyes
2.) Try to make apple pie without bleeding into it too much
3.) Die

close, but no!

thekitchn.com/how-to-blind-bake-a-pie-crust-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-197553

first layer: sausage stuffing

second layer: 1 lb of turkey breast, smashed with a rolling pin.

that was fun, but messy.

add canned apricot halves down the middle

Then you add the vegetable mixture.

Uh oh...

Encountering a problem in t-minus 3 minutes...

My pastry is too small FUCK EVERYTHING

I added a beaten egg to the edges and crimped as best I could. Using the edge of the pan to hold one edge of the pastry in place.

I'm nervous, anons.

THICC

Maybe my pretty cutout snowflakes will hide the deep, intense shame that is soon to present itself when this pastry is baked.

Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes and pray everything will be ok.

GL user

In she goes

Oh my.

Big. Puffed. Brown.

Cool for 45 mins.

Absolutely fucking delicious. 10/10 do recommend, amazing recipe, thank you all.

Its slightly sweet from the onion and apricots, and the sage pork sausage and turkey are soooo good together.

Nice job user.

There's a ton of fucking pastry at the end though. The filling is perfect

Thanks!