Are you inclined to exclusively seek out or avoid female authors?

Are you inclined to exclusively seek out or avoid female authors?

I will avoid the shit out of any sci fi female author, especially if the bitch has won a diversity Hugo

I don't seek them out, but I don't avoid them either. I read whatever book piques my interest, whether it was written by a female or not.

I am inclined to seek them out, and send them copies of their work which I have both bleed and ejaculated all over

Neither. It's ludicrous to think one's writing ability is dependent upon gender--or even race for that matter.

I feel like the bar is so low for female writers in genre fiction, I wonder if I could increase my chances of getting published using a female pseudonym and claiming to "identify" as women if I'm asked.

I always took the attitude of that there were so many good books to read, most of them being written by men, so why read anything else? I own probably about two hundred fiction books, only three of which were written by females.

I don't ever think about the gender or sex of the author before some part of the book make me too, which usually comes from male writers who have almost no female characters in their work and only some stereotypical roles reserved for them, so it's tricky not to imagine some neckbeard who's afraid of wimin and lowers the expectation for another book written by a dude, but not enough to actively pay attention to that. (And yeah, this obviously exists in literature written by females but usually limited to romance trash)

While there are more women working in the industry, much fewer than man actually get published, so it's a silly idea. Being openly male who identifies as a women wouldn't hurt tho for the different voices train most pretend to be on now but being gay or autistic will have a similar effect.

Or you can take this shit really serious and start transitioning into a black women, that's bound to get you extra attention.

How will being a bisexual Italian male that wants to be both a female and a male at the same time affect my chances of being published?
>tfw no interchangeable bodies

Probably not as well as a bisexual Italian women that wants to be both but hey, still more interesting that some boring ass hetero like most. In the end all that shit is just a bonus only if the actual story is good enough.

Of course not. Authors have to be considered as individuals.

Ignore Arthur C. Clarke awards too. Station fucking Eleven was awarded it and it isn't even sci fi.

I read UK female author. A handful of American ones. Overall Brits are just better writers anyway.

Avoid them like the plague. Women can't write.

Except that it pretty much is. Niggers can't write. Women can't write.

The only great writers are white males.

Edgy. But seriously, you read genre fiction. I would get off your /pol/ high horse, troglo.

Sure. Murdoch, Morrison. Krauss, and Galchen can't write. I mostly read men because there have been so many more good books written by men throughout history, but there are definitely females who can right.

I used to, as a kid, which was probably compounded by the fact that I'm a girl, but I managed to get over it, but I still don't read many female authors. When I'm skimming books, they just don't catch my eye. Maybe I'm still biased against them, despite my attempts. I have a multi-tiered filtering system, and they always end up failing somehow.

The exception is fantasy books, I think I prefer female authors in the fantasy genre.

Women write better sex scenes

>reading fiction

the only book i remember reading written by a woman was the S.C.U.M. manifesto, it was amusing. Oh, and harry potter(it was trash).

POWERFUL

but niggers and mudslimes and kikes and roasties are all terrible, every single one of them, you big dumb dummy kek

somestupidpepe.jpg

Yawn. Try harder.

shame you're such a mong really
you're missing out on a pretty good one

this
There are hundreds if not thousands of books superior to everything written by anyone the past 30 years, and the vast majority of them happens to be written by men.

Women can't wri-

Well, they can't write endings, but the rest of it is alright.

It was actually written by Perc-

Well cherry pickin magoo you ol' hound.