Post the most iconic restaurant in your town. We judge the town based on it

Post the most iconic restaurant in your town. We judge the town based on it
>Pic related
>Rowdy college town tier

Ayyy. Fellow chico bro. You do bingo on tuesdays?
Honestly, i like burgers and brew better.

I used to bear wear every Tuesday and I made their insta on a Wednesday trike race. I'm not a burgers and brew guy. I don't go out much anymore. I like the bear cuz they always have knightro on tap and the Goose when I feel fancy.

>ITT my thread is getting no bumps because 80% of Veeky Forums posters live in absolute flyover wastelands

it's just not a good thread, actually
what kind of fag cares about """"iconic"""" restaurants?

It's a great thread it's
>Original
>Shows people good/fun restaurants to eat at in new places
Honestly who isn't interested in iconic places to eat when traveling? Usually they are the highlights of my trips, that and museums/monuments.

I'd love to find any iconic resturant in essex junction, vermont.

Sadly, I don't think there are any.

>"authentic" German food
>closer to the real thing than you'd expect, honestly

not specific to my town but it's the best fastfood in nebraska

Restaurant Aan de Poel
2 Michelin stars

>Comfy food
>Rural town tier
Not bad
>Fast food
>Freeway pit stop tier
>2 stars
>Pretty landscape
>Vacation destination tier
Where is this btw?

The Presidential Lounge inside of the Mission Inn (or really any of the restaurants inside that place) is the most iconic for outsiders. For locals it has to be Heroes, they are a bit overpriced and their food isn't anything to write home about but they got a great alcohol selection.

I've been trying to plan a trip up north and was thinking of stopping through Chico. Is there any places I should try to see up there aside from Madison Bear Garden whether its food or any other destination?

It's a chain now, but the original is still OK (especially the white clam). Modern is way better; Pepe is mostly for tourists/Yale parents and people who live in Wooster square but are too tastelet to know to go to Sally's.

>no restaurant in my town

Sierra Nevada brewery if you're into beer is great. It's outside downtown. The Bear is downtown and there's like 2 or 3 bars on every block. From hole in the wall to new cocktails anything you can walk your drunk ass to you can get.

>College town tier
They got good deals on pitchers at least?

Forgot to judge your town
>White gentrification tier

>Iconic
Threadgill's/Fonda San Miguel/Quality Seafood/Matt's Famous El Rancho/Hoffbrau Steak
It's kind of a tossup and I'm not throwing glowing endorsements to several of them. I don't live in a flyover, but, Texas eh? Well, I guess Texas can be considered by some, whatever.

Pepe's is a bit of a rip off but the other places are much better deals on beer.
I think Modern Apizza is the best pizza I've ever had and I grew up in NYC. I've been correcting the record on Veeky Forums regarding New Haven pizza for years though, so I'm probably not the most objective authority.
DaLegna pizza is a newer contender and I do think they have the best crust in elm city for what it's worth.

>Seafood/Mexican/steak
That's pretty Texas tier. California is like the only other place I know of where those three genres can define a towns dining experience

Is there any good food besides za?

Probably carl's diner
Giant portions, food is decent
Pic related

I used to buy a lot of cocaine here and the pizza is really good, too.

Comfy desu
>Buffalo
>Degenerate
Color me shocked

Threadgill's isn't as good as it was 15 yrs ago, unfortunately. Fonda and Matt's are always good, Matt's is a classic, first place I ever ate queso when I was like, 4 or 5 yrs old ( which was a looooong time ago).

loads, actually. I think all the college money/kids keep a lot of places open that would otherwise close. shit, there's a place that opened uptown that just serves (really delicious) french fries and has somehow remained open for a year already.
there's also a strip of taco trucks that got a seriouseats article about it. plenty of good eats in NH

I'd be interested in going to the NE sometime. I could stuff myself on fresh seafood from shacks and bars.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess no ones heard of this “world famous” restaurant

I loved going to go to threadgills as a kid but then I was a kid so for all I know the food was shit

fuck off back to red*it

Alinea.

Memes.

Very costly and medicore German food.

Agreed, Threadgills is not good, both locations.

Tourist traps? Pass. That other dude was right. Go to reddit.

It's actually similarly named to yours, op.

there's like 2 or 3 bars on every block. From hole in the wall to new cocktails anything you can walk your drunk ass to you can get.
This is beautiful. I never though I could love any city like I love Chico right now.

Eh. Could be worse. If you don't gentrify at all then you get San Bernardino.

The Sole Proprietor of Worcester, MA
>very posh, expensive seafood place
>every summer they put up a giant inflatable crab on the roof
>nicest restaurant in town looks on par with a roadside crab shack
I don't know what this says about my city.

dude the bear is fucking baller though