Oxtail

ideas on cooking oxtail? I will post updates for a legit recipe including my puppy and gf. side note, going to costco and italian market, what should i get

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sousvidesupreme.com/2013/01/20-hour-sousvide-oxtail-stew-on-creamy-mustard-mash/#sthash.cA2dOcJo.dpbs
gourmetsleuth.com/recipes/detail/red-wine-risotto-with-braised-oxtail
gtfoodandtravel.com/chasing-tail-top-5-coda-alla-vaccinara/#lightbox/0/
simplyrecipes.com/recipes/glazed_oxtails/
allrecipes.com/recipe/14685/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/
streamable.com/1zwju
youtu.be/qOIHZpKyzMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've wanted to try these recipes for a while now, but can't find oxtail near me. Good luck, op.

blog.sousvidesupreme.com/2013/01/20-hour-sousvide-oxtail-stew-on-creamy-mustard-mash/#sthash.cA2dOcJo.dpbs

gourmetsleuth.com/recipes/detail/red-wine-risotto-with-braised-oxtail

Post gfs feet

>legit recipe including my puppy and gf

Friendly reminder to use scrub the EXIF data and maybe post from a Starbucks or something

can't go wrong with stewed or braised ox tail.

Browned then stewed. Dat fat ist yummy.

Also interested in hearing how you cook your oxtail.

I just use it for thickening and cook it in a crock pot. I wash with vinegar, bread it, brown it in a pan, put it on a bed of vegetables, and add broth. Sometimes I will add some cornstarch if I want a super thick sauce. Then I put it in the slow cooker for 8 hrs on low or in the oven for 4-5.

Anyone know of any other bargain meats that can be used for thickening like oxtail or brisket? I usually mix oxtail with a cheaper meat because it is really expensive here, brisket is 1/3 the price.

disgusting, im not a feet guy faggot
looks good, im thinking about gtfoodandtravel.com/chasing-tail-top-5-coda-alla-vaccinara/#lightbox/0/
i am thinking slow cooker or should i just put it in a pot?
didn't think about browning it first, good idea
here is puppy

my loot from italian place, got fresh bread too and hot sausages

im thinking about braising it/ cooking it in this

meats and cheese

spicy salami

cap

making the chicken and spinach ravioli for snack. gonna go run a mountain after with pup. might as well enjoy a drink =)

I'm no expert on oxtails but I know it's common for recipes to call for refridgerating overnight and removing the fat cap.

yeah i had it in the freezer and put it in the fridge 2 days ago.

>removing the fat cap

After cooking you dingus. Remove the fat cap that forms on your soup, stew or stock after refridgerating.

t. European

I made this recipe a couple days ago. Turned out pretty fantastic.

simplyrecipes.com/recipes/glazed_oxtails/

I definitely recommend straining out the solids before reducing the glaze.

I would make Jamaican oxtail stew because I love Scotch bonnet peppers.

id just do slow cooker on low mayby fror like 8 hours idunno?

from what iv read I just do what you do for a roast or stew meat . id like to try them sometime but find it kinda difficult for me to spend 6$ lb for tail meat with bones

thanks, i will keep that in mind
looks great, was it sweet and savory?
i started drinking so i dont think i can drive to get the peppers
im gonna start the slow cooker now. thinking of dumping in carrots, the canned italian tomatoes, onions, w/e else i find in fridge. have any ideas?

nice day, gonna climb that hill

I'm not sure of the exact spices but my mom would alwas just throw in the mcormic spice packets for beef stew but im sure you can just make your own with some beef broth/flour/spices? not sure exaCtly

something like this looks like a good base but feel it might be missing sometning

allrecipes.com/recipe/14685/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/

ive got a lot a spices cuz gf is persian. what should i throw in? guess this will be experimental. definitely gonna do slow cooker though since i will be out for a little tonight

think i can substitute beef broth with chicken broth? i have no potatoes =/

looks like good cap but how can you go to the italian grocery without getting any homemade giardiniera

you just have to use the spieces you like I guess

I don't think chicken would be terrible but id use veggie broth over chicken

sorry about the potatoes but those are a staple for my stew, maybe take a quick trip to the store if possible? or just wing it

i think i will have to improvise, lady and dog are passed out.

not gonna cook all the oxtail since i guess this is an experiment

psycho

salt
pepper
can of italian peeled tomatoes (with basil)
basil
dry leaves
cinnamon
carrots
white wine
onion

should i add anything else?

oregano, thyme? since you went with the tomatoes, just don't use too much

are you gonna serve it on noodles since no potato? this seems like id be good on noodles

anyone else having to put in the stupid capcha every time instead of just clicking im not a robot? these pictures are driving me nuts and legasy is gone

That's good stuff. You can look up recipes for osso buco and use those for it if you're not doing that already.
Used to get a few cuts for free when I bought steaks at my butcher. Now that I've moved I'll have to start all over with a new butcher.

Over rice. Man that's good

this is good too

I like to cook chicken w/tomatoes,onions,peppers and then seve over rice or pasta, same for any kind of meat

difficulty of these captchas ia making me think chinese moot turned it up for profit or to fuck with us cause a couple days ago I ddn't have to do shit

A little chopped spring onions or maybe bean sprouts works nicely with this. I would miss some crunch otherwise.

not sure but you might be able to skim some fat off the top

im done posting this shit is ridiculous

sop buntut

gf left me to go to her moms. im all alone with dog :-|
i climbed the mountain

8 hours and i will open the beast. so, should be 11PM pacific time

streamable.com/1zwju

Here's Jamie's ideas. Of course I'd recommend browning them off instead of simply blasting them in the oven. The more color, the more flavor.
youtu.be/qOIHZpKyzMs

plz dont post autism dog

K1

so did it work or epic fail?

You're not clawing at your throat are you?

Hey cute smileys bro can I start using those?
And awesome job offsetting the fact that you posted some italian groceries and 2 pictures of cooking with all those super interesting personal life details, never thought I'd be I interested In hearing about some guy walking up a hill but here the fuck we are. Super awesome thread brah.

are you really sous viding fucking oxtail?

I see what you did there.