What are some books about cultural decline?

What are some books about cultural decline?
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2013/04/steven-soderbergh-state-of-cinema-address-486368/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much anything German written after 1890 and not by Habermas or a Jewish guy.

The Frankfurts. Adorno's work explicitly tries to understand modern cultural decline

those people are not listening to jazz. other than being wrong about that, adorno's pretty good. the dancing license fees in the US are probably a bigger contender for cultural decline in the era than jazz of any kind.

The Frankfurt School's goal with the Critical Theory was to attack all deeply held beliefs of the people, and all their institutions and traditions (gender roles, the family unit, nationalism, ethnic loyalties, religion, collective heritage and history, etc.) to completely break down peoples and society from the inside.

Communism: Muh proletariat is being oppressed by capitalists! The relationship between employer and employee is fundamentally oppressive and therefore bad! The solution is to remove the hierarchy!

Critical Gender Theory: Muh women are oppressed by men! The patriarchy is fundamentally oppressive towards women and is bad! The solution is to remove this hierarchy!

Critical Race Theory: Muh minorities are being oppressed by whitey! White societies are fundamentally oppressive against this minority, which is bad! The solution is to remove this hierarchy!

stale pasta

Spengler is GOAT

Is suicide a viable alternative to modernity?

I don't like Rick and Morty, but its not that bad and its not that big of a deal. Why are 4channers making such a big deal about "le Rick and Morty fans". They're annoying, just like any other annoying fan base, but this is nothing new. There is nothing new under the sun.

it is according to evola

You'll find lots about the late Ottoman period or, if you're sincerely interested, the remnants of Chinese dynasties (though many of the old work have been purged, classics do still exist in English translation)

If you don't want to go back to pol could you at least try not to act like a total retard on every other board too

Fuck capitalism. This is literally just ketchup and teriyaki sauce

This is what we killed Christianity for

i could definitely see richard spencer watching brick and mortar

The Frankfurt School constantly wrote about cultural decline though

They are the ones who caused it

Dude the west was gone past repair by the time Walter Benjamin picked up a pen

deadline.com/2013/04/steven-soderbergh-state-of-cinema-address-486368/

The best

My diary desu.

these

Your economic future is doomed.
>hmmm
Your education is worthless.
>lel
The socio-political climate is pure cancer.
>kek
Islamofascism is breathing on your neck
>nah
Famdom retards being retards.
>OMFG CIVILIZATION FAILED

Currently reading and you should too, OP, it's great.

It gives them something to hate. For the loser this is very important because they have nothing else on which to rest their self esteem/ identity.

The Culture of Narcissism - Christopher Lasch
Revolt of the Masses - José Ortega y Gasset
also Spergler and Ebola

Le decline man

I read this in Rick's voice. It made you sound twice as edgy and pseudy.

Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, instructions for inducing cultural decline

rick and morty features a preachy pseudointellectualism, especially in the later seasons

>pop culture is shit

This is very deep. Go write a book.

rick and morty is both a vehicle for and representative of societal decline, with its zany nihilistic goofs and gags

its that bad son, that bad

It actually sounds better in rick's voice

Anyway it's a good show, I just don't like the "you're not evil. It's even worse. You're smart" moments (especially because "smart" in rick and morty apparently means being a superhuman who trascend the mortal condition)

>I just don't like the "you're not evil. It's even worse. You're smart" moments

Season 3 in general is far more indulgent and stupid than the previous ones.

The season 2 premiere openly mocked Rick's nihilism. Somehow the fanbase missed this and instead fully embraces it as though the show were really about conveying this smart and edgy philosophy. The fanservice comes to fruition with the line you cite.

The show got bad after two episodes.

To be fair, Adorno was largely talking about popular and commercialized big band Jazz a la Glenn Miller. Their views don't really hold for the more out there jazz artists.

His words applied just as much to the celebrated jazz "artists".

*burp* There is no God Morty. Stop trying to find meaning, nobody exists on purpose. Let's go watch TV.

Three Kingdoms.
It's an entire book about the decline of confucian norms.

>Rick and Morty
>Brick and mortar

holy...how deep does the lore go...?

didn't Adorno say some borderline racist things against Louis Armstrong?

There is no fucking decline.

woah..... deep

t. oblivious ignoramus

>no whites in the video
lmaoing at americans right now

Jacques Barzun.
From Dawn to Decadence.

*tips the top hat*

bump

Culture is worthless anyway

Yeah, Atomised comes to mind.

If you are interested in cultural decline, I think Deleuze, Baudrillard, Junger, Heidegger are all worth reading

>Deleuze
How so? I've only seen Deleuze saying something negative about his contemporary times in Abécédaire where he says that culture (or literature?) is currently in a "desert" phase, but adding that it's always up and down, with the attitude that "there's nothing to be pessimistic about".
Maybe you're thinking of Societies of Control? That is also not talking about a decline but a different power emerging after disciplinary, neither better nor worse.
He had the same stance about history as Foucault. They both refused to evaluate different times as better or worse.

my hair is dry like this man, how do i fix it?

Stop using shampoo.

What Heidegger?

Unironically

The one thing you think they're wrong about is the biggest indicator of cultural decline. Jazz was the hip-hop of their day. Don't tell me you actually enjoy hip hop

Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonald.