Chinese people try panda express

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4

>the young Americanized Chinese people all say the food tastes bad and isn't authentic

>old Chinese couple like most of the food and say it's something Chinese people would eat

>old people aren't pretentious
>young people are trying too hard to hold onto their culture

not really a shocker op the 2nd generation is always tryhard compared to their parents due to being grown up in the soulless americanized culture

Breaking News

Local Asians enjoy salty, savory dishes

wew

Fuck off gawker, stop shilling your shit.

What the fuck would chinese people know about americanized chinese food. Its called "chinese food" because it is made by chinese people not for chinese people.

Lel yet Asian American women exclusively date and marry white Chads. So much for muh culture.

>ITS SO GROSS, UNHEALTHY AND SUGARY!!!! UGHHHH WHERES MY SOYLENT!

Is panda express mostly a west coast thing? Why don't they act more like flyovers and northeasterners and eat at the countless generic non-chain chinese places?

This is a terrible way to approach a survey/consensus because they already know BEFORE eating it that it is from a particular place. Studies do NOT work this way. You can never get honest reactions with these kind of heavily biased conditions. The young dude centered between the girls is the worst in this aspect. He clearly has strong anticipation of the food smelling and tasting bad, which definitely has an impact on the perception of the food. Just dumb.

Personally, I don't like Panda Express. I feel like they lack variety and charge a lot more, for smaller portions, than non-chain options in my area. Also, I did not dig the raw vegetables - I expected them to be steamed. If I want raw vegetables, I'll take a walk in the produce aisle of the grocery store, and pay at least 10x less for them.

I see your point but the young ones probably would've recognized right away that its panda express.

>panda express
>doesn't serve panda
False advertising desu

True. Panda express isn't even authentic Chinese American food. That fried rice is a disgrace, real Chinese Americans fry that shit almost black with a ton of oil.

>he puts down Panda Express but he eats McDonald's all the time
Slammed him hard.

>countless generic non-chain chinese places?

Are you seriously implying that chain restaurants aren't countless and generic? Because it sure sounds like that.

Those kids are are annoying. Could you imagine trying to eat with that male teen in the middle?

>I like this
>Wow, you've never had AUTHENTIC CHINESE food before

What can you even say in response to this? Its a conversation and meal killer. I bet that faggot cant even cook his own food.

Never been to a panda express like, ever. But i'm curious to try it.

Anything decent? I want to compare it to real asian cuisine.

Have you ever had authentic Chinese food? It's impossible to like Panda Express if you have.

I had authentic Chinese food and it was kind of gross, man. Like fish in a big bowl of oil and spices. Some soggy bread/meat things.

I get what he means. I live in the midwest and while not every town has a Panda Express, every town has a Chinese restaurant and they all cook the same shit from the same ingredient suppliers, so while they're not chain restaurants they might as well be.

Orange Chicken is their staple, but it is seriously sickeningly sweet. Like chicken covered in candy, couldn't recommend it. But some of the other stuff is good. Its a buffet style restaraunt like Subway, so just see what looks good and try it out. Get the chow mein for sure though.

It’s not good for you, but the taste is alright

>Like chicken covered in candy
this is so accurate and why I love orange chicken

and they are better, and more numerous than Panda Express in most of the country

Apparently Japan wasn't the only country in Asia to get nuked.

this has nothing to do with food or culture.

old people are trying not to be rude and young ones have been americanized and so are pretentious about anything they can cling to, in this case their culture.

probably the only real test would be a chinese tourist making spontaneously a review of it.

Whenever i go to panda express i always order kung pao chicken,beijing beef,and white steamed rice I personally like it

im abc and i dont mind eating panda express. that video is pretty accurate tho.
there are surprisingly a lot of asian tourists that eat there. my guess is its because its a corporate chain and serve generic asian food, a safe choice

People will believe whatever you tell them in these studies. It's really quite amazing.

What a wanker

>buzzfeed video
>green texts wrong
>reddit spacing

>t. "yeah I'm an Oldfag"

not true. panda is express is fast food like mcdonald burgerking etc. Although unauthentic, some of their food is acceptable in term of flavor

Where the fuck do I find qt Asian gfs like this

I feel as if a lot of the opinions displayed in this video are based on group dynamics as well as personal opinion on what is, or is not Chinese food, but even then I think I respect those two old hags the most. Even though i do not have a clue about Chinese food.

Okay, let's get serious: who the fuck, besides cityhipsters, cares about authenticity? Authentic is just a codeword for third world shit: American cuisine is number fucking one for precisely the reasons that all the third world garbage dishes had to be revised and improved for the demanding standards of Americans. So, fuck off cityhipsters.

I don't eat it for authenticity, you faggots, I eat it because I like it. I don't give a jolly shit about your cultural experience when I'm driving to work.

chow mein is literally the worst thing on their menu, fuck off

Kill yourself. I can have white rice at home and their fried rice is shit. Chow mein is the authentic Panda experience.

>eating chinese takeaway for breakfast
sort yourself out

As an Asian American guy, this make me feel like a cuck. Feels bad man :(

I-I dont get it

I chuckled.

ABC = American-born Chinese

Kind of like how Mexicans will eat Taco Bell even though we know it's not 'authentic'. We don't care, we just like that it's cheap food.

>uh excuse me shitlord, as someone who has been to china once when my parents forced me to visit family for new years one time i can tell you what chinese food is supposed to taste like

This shit is what happens when people dont really understand their culture but know they're required to pretend to know what their culture is

retarded post

If those kids wanted authentic Chinese cuisine they should've cooked it in gutter oil.

That's a stretch of reality and generous to call them people

Orange Chicken is by far the best. I usually get white rice on the side. The rangoons are also good, though not quite as good as from a Chinese restaurant.

you have an entire continent of pure asians, if you want an asian girlfriend learn the languages and travel there

being 5'6 brings a whole lot of validation sucking and insecurities i guess

naww he's just a fag. the fact that he had that lined up regardless of whatever she actually said shows that he just wants to look knowledgable. sad!

this is true, however it should be called Mexican. Asians are only in the front end.

But what if you study wants to know how they'll react based on knowing where it's from. Bias is not always a bad thing.

Only had Panda Express once. It was okay, but I would just rather go to a Cheap Buffet and get a bigger variety and unlimited trips.

Also it gave me devastating farts. I was at a hotel with a few friends and was ripping ass the entire evening. One of my friends left to get some ice or something, came back in and he recalls "walking into a gust of dry, smelly, slightly wet, air.

That guy has a jap name though

used to feel sense of community with asians. then i met the asians in cali. they are worse than jews. racist dumb chinky scum.

Wow! It's almost like people have different tastes, and it's hard to pin down the preferences of a country with a population of over 1 billion and a diaspora of several million. Weird.

literally lived in East Asia for 8+ years, you definitely can still enjoy Panda Express after having real Chinese food

turns out in China some people are good at cooking and some people are shit at it, just because it's authentic doesn't mean it's automatically good

same here

To be fair, Panda Express has a certain reputation. I'm not sure how many older Chinese Americans, especially the ones who don't speak English, are even aware of it. The kids certainly are.

Also, it's just mall food. American Chinese food is pretty good when done well, but Panda Express is generally pretty bad.

>they already know BEFORE eating it that it is from a particular place
This is actually a pretty good observation.

That's not what it is
>old people have damaged taste buds from age, years of burns, forcing down shitty food from when times were tough, and oral sex
>young people's taste buds have just begun to recognize quality food, and they are repulsed by shitty fast food like panda express
>they also remember their parents' home cooked chinese food and are comparing it to that

The answer to that would be to have subjects where you tell them where the food is AFTER they eat it as well as where the food is from BEFORE they eat it.

we just got panda express in my area a year or two ago
kicks the shit out of the usual mall chinese food from famous wok, safeway, kroger, etc t b h f a m
a "real" American Chinese place is still better, but the "real" places are from the fucking 70's or 80's, look like dumps, and are legitimately the kind of places where you have to worry about eating cat and shit

Get some fat negress bitches and you'll feel better

in asia

Be thankful you're at least being cucked by people with good genes