Name one other establishment that could take the title of "Most Millennial Establishment"...

Name one other establishment that could take the title of "Most Millennial Establishment". I literally walk into my local Panera Bread to find that ordering through the cashier is more tedious than just ordering through the Panera app or the kiosks they have at the front of the store. Why are you trying to force me to use your shitty technology that only encourages narcissism and disattachment from human society just so I could get something to eat?

Get a better peer to peer service, you liberal snowflakes.

He screamed into his anonymous image board groom behind his monitor (or phone)
Fuck off, luddite

> luddite
What the shit is that?

Not just a pretentious shit, but an uneducated one as well. How shocking.

I think it's someone afraid of electricity but I think nowadays it applies to technology in general

> luddite
> A member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

I never ate at this place before. I know they have basic shit on their menu like pasta, pastries, sandwiches, and soups, but are they any good? What sets these guys apart from, say, Subway, other than being a sit down establishment in contrast to a fast food one?

>"upscale casual"

take that for what its worth.

Don't worry, scared boy. You can get it to go

> "upscale casual"
What the fuck does that mean?

What is going on in this thread? Are people mad because OP dissed this establishment? Are people just mocking how much of a faggot OP is for whining about a restaurant chain? Do people here even like this place?

Girlfriend and I returning home from a concert one night. We both were hungry so we tried to find something closer to home that was open in the late hours. See a Panera Bread that was open 24 hours and felt weird. I had a ham and swiss sandwich there since I wasn't too hungry but needed something to eat. It was an alright sandwich, but nothing special. My girlfriend had the soup there and ended up loving it.

Expensive and generic.

They're a bit overpriced, and most of their food is good. Not exceptional, but good. Only thing I return regularly for is their mac and cheese. Not sure what it is, but probably one of the best I've had, aside from homemade. Recommend.

>literally
oh boy its another millenial is mad hes a millenial episode

OP here and I am in my fifties, asshole.

Lmao, you're pathetic

McDonald's has stupid self service kiosks throughout my country. I don't go there any more.

Good one, kiddo.

I went to McDonald's last week to eat a grand Mac and there was only one register open. I four person family took a full fifteen minutes to order in front of me. There were two ordering screens completely free but I ignore them on principle. I stood and waited because i was already there to eat a stupid fast food sandwich and didn't need to delude myself about the time that was being "wasted." Automation in the framework of capitalism is just theft

panera bread is like the autistic cousin of quiznos. stop making all the restaurant layouts retarded and decide if you're going to go lunch counter or sit down style. i can't tell who works there anymore because all the employees dress like the wanna-be middle management fags that the customers do.

Last time I went to McDs, I ordered without speaking to anyone. I didn't have to wait in line for that. Then I got offered 'complimentary table service', so I didn't have to queue or even carry my own food.

Automation of customer service is a godsend. Automation is also what employs me, since I process online orders for groceries. It won't even replace me any time soon, because it's cheaper to employ me and my co-workers than to install conveyors and scanners everywhere, and have someone come in every week to unjam it.

You will probably not spend a single second reflecting on how you had to make this up in order to prove a nameless stranger wrong at 2:45 am

It's 6.50pm where I am, but I bet he's a faggot that works at woolworths in Australia and thinks he's top shit for picking grocery orders. Fuck Australian posters.

You can just sit in the parking lot of Panera Bread and people watch to know that the place is cancer.

Panera isn't even that good. It was honestly better when they had additives in their food than when they went all natural. Once they went all natural their food started getting really dull and bland.

Worked at one for my last two years of Uni. They go for a "Fresh" vibe when majority of the food is outsourced including the Soup, Mac and cheese, Bowls etc. Only good thing is the bread is made in house.

I remember my manager making a sandwich with the gloves on, tossing a bag into the garbage and proceeding to push the trash deeper then continue to make food. Really learned about the service industry lol.

> Worked at one
No you didn't. Prove it, clown.

I don't know which fucking Panera you're going to, but the ones near me all have the most decrepit old people eating there. They do have lousy customer service though, and ordering is a pain in the ass. "DO YOU HAVE PANERA CARD?" "No, I don't eat here very often." "CAN I HAVE A NAME?" "user." "IS THIS FOR HERE OR TO GO?" "To go." "YOU WANT COOKIE OR BAKERY?" "Aren't cookies baked? Also no." "YOU WANT TOWEL?" "What?" "YOU WANT ME FLUFF PILLOW?" "The fuck?" "YOU WANT ME JERK YOU OFF?" "What kinda hotel is this?"

Here's BOH, featuring disgusting coffee soaked floors because management was fine with leaving garbage bags back there.

Used to work at one of these dumps AMA
>pic related is my hat

What role did you dislike the most?

I hated being the dishbitch

That looks fake. Try again.

>believed
Nigger they were right. Luddites were almost all artisans, and most of them worked in the textile industry.

I knew everything came in premade, but I thought the bread came in frozen too.

The baguettes and loaves are made every day?

Also, I unironically like panera. The breakfast sandwiches are my fave.

I hear working at Panera is grueling. Why?

The steak sandwich is the only thing i've ever had there and it was pretty good, but it was a stupidly small portion for me (i'm a pretty skinny guy) and very overpriced. Go somewhere else unless you're trying to impress a girl, they seem to love the place.

My girlfriend is a cheap Jew. Will Panera still impress her?

>shows our aprons and bread racks
>can reverse search to see it is a one of a kind photo
>looks fake

eat my ass on tomato basil loaf you roastie

If you are already dating the girl there's no need to take them to Panera.

Also how are the
>khazar milkers

Provide better evidence, ya cunt.

>Dislike
Dining room was a bitch
>I hated being the dishbitch
Honestly it was better then being a dinning room bitch
>That looks fake. Try again.
Uhh..

>I hear working at Panera is grueling. Why?
Being a prepper, a baker and working the cashiers isnt that bad, especially being a prepper and a baker, one of the most chill postions you could have there. Cashiers have to deal with the customer, thats all. Then being a dishwasher, a cook/line worker and then dinning room, thats the grueling part. Diswashers have to deal with dinning room workers on bringing back the dirty plates. Then when we get a rush and understaff, which we usually always were, they had to go out and help the dinning room folk and deliever the food, help clean up and bring back dirty dishes, but then the sink would get filled with dishes, then the line would run out of dishes, you had to run back and clean them and take them back to the line.

Buy an ad dickhead

My bad for taking a long time, phoneposting and thinking back on panera gives me Vietnam flashbacks
>
I guess the line workers wasnt really a grueling postion, just deal with rude customers. Now dining room was a true bitches job, shit had you everywhere whether you'd like it or not. You had to deal with disgusting, rude, and short tempered customers. You'd have to always take their shit and couldnt do shit. They where always pushy, you'd have to drop everything and address them immediately thinking its something urgent only to find out that they need help finding the fucking napkins or a fucking water cup. The worst are the ones who demand everything be brought to them. Or the disgusting one, where they have you clean a table where its barely dirty and when they leave they leave it even dirtier then before. Seriously fuck people like that. Also sorry for errors, not really checking my grammer or vocab

>complains about the service in a chain restaurant
>calls others snowflakes

Please die of Heart Disease already useless boomer

its $10 bucks for a ham sandwich but the french onion soup is tits

Worked there for a bit. Customers were okay but bitchy sometimes. Someone slung their dirty dishes through the pickup window and it fell into the soup because they didn't notice any of the three tray receptacles in the dining room.
Food is alright. All the soups and pastas are frozen. Soups are in a water bath, pastas are in the microwave. People think the mac and cheese is homemade and not microwaved so they ask for weird special orders like "less cheese please" or ask for just a bowl of soup broth which management wouldn't let us do because then other people would complain about the soup not being brothy enough.

Nathan stop shitposting and go skateboard, you'll never have my limited edition silver hat.

The mac and cheese is actually horrible. I'd say ALL fast food mac and cheese is garbage.

God, that soup though. Panera soup is the bomb.

Why are customers so shitty? I hope to never work food service but I would never treat other people so poorly.

In my experience, Panera Bread is populated mostly by poor people that think Panera is eating fancy for the evening or middle-class/young inexperienced richfags that think they're actually hot shit for eating there. In both cases, they're thinking they've gotten a bargain on [Insert food that the actual 1% eat here] when they're actually paying a premium on McAlister's. As such, they expect the service and kitchen to cater to them accordingly.

>$10 bucks
>ten dollars bucks

just got off of my shift tonight, ask me anything

This post could actually be a Sun Kil Moon lyric

kek I can actually hear this.
good taste user.

This is how I feel about starbucks. Its always a white chick wearing a cardigan, knee high boots, a v neck t shirt and has long hair just past the shoulder. Dont believe me? Next time they have a "free small drink" day just people watch and youll see they all look the same

It's too expensive for what it is: mediocre sandwiches and soup.

so you were purposely being retarded and wasted your own time because you refused to try something that takes you maybe 10 seconds to use? Good job.

Tbf you just described like a lot of women in general

>hurr durr muh millennial libruls

God, the /pol/dditors grow even more and more annoying. They can't make one single post without throwing out at least one of their buzzwords.

Are you management? I hear it sucks being anything else. Except maybe overnight baking, but you seem to have gotten off too early to be that.

>Why are you trying to force me to use your shitty technology that only encourages narcissism and disattachment from human society

Woah...so deep. You really are a thinker.