When Enkidu dies

>when Enkidu dies
how the fuck is this 4000 year old stone tablet giving me so many feels?

I still remember
>how can i rest? how can i be at peace? despair is in my heart..
And it's been at least 10 years.

>crying when he physically dies
>not when he spiritually dies at the hands of that Jezebel

>it's original
That's what OC feels like user, cherish it.

Thanks for the spoiler, fag

>mfw reading The Tempest to myself out loud at 2 in the morning doing different voices for all the male characters

were he and gilgamesh butt buddies?

is this a gay book for bitch ass pussies who cry a lot?

fuck ishtar

He and Gilgamesh are the greatest heterosexual life-partner bros the world has ever seen. They are the foundation upon which western civilization's conceptualization of the bonds between men, of friendship were built.

That story is truly timeless. It managed to explore the truest and most innate feelings of a man or even a human being in general. All that done in the era when civilization as we know it but started to exist. It is magnificent, a legit contender to the tittle of greatest literary work ever done.

Man, when I read Gilgamesh for the first time some months back it instantly became one of my favorite works of all time. I even want to learn Akkadian just to read it on the original. It also introduced me to Babylonian Wisdom Literature.

Who would you cast as Shamhat in a movie adoptation?

Nah, they were probably straight.
The work is important though, one of my favorite things about it is how it's so expressive of masculine emotions that we're not super willing to watch in our own society.

That falsehood was spread by that hack Stephen Miller's translation. There is no indication that they had sex. Masculinity is expressed differently throughout cultures, I'm not familiar with Sumerian customs but the Greek stories show men as extremely passionate. High highs and low lows. Revisionists trying to draft everybody throughout history into an LGBT camp can't see these emotions as anything but sexual in nature.

Which translation should I read: Dalley, George or Sandars?

You mean stephen mitchell?

it literally doesnt matter. just buy a recent copy so it has all of the found fragments included.

Gilgamesh and Enkidu on the ocean

I hate being exposed as a lazy phoneposter with autocorrect. Yes

wat

Whereas the gay-bros would be Achilles and that guy that was his best brother, and would have been Achilles except Achilles was, since they were both Greek.

been watching the press conferences, have we??

>le Achilles and Patroclus were gay meme
They loved eachother yes, but neither were gay.

yeah, like when they both sleep in achilleus' tent, each fucking his own woman?