What kind of literature do the cute girls read ??

what kind of literature do the cute girls read ??

Text messages from Chad

rupi

The Alchemist. Fuck the Alchemist.

Inane trash. harry potter, 50 shades, twilight, Stephen King if you're really lucky.

Also this

All the greatest female authors that your fear-based prejudices prevent you from reading

Brontes, Austen, Woolf maybe

Rupi

like?

Nietzsche and erotic novels

I got a cute girl to read Houellebecq

the book of mormon

Garcia Marquez, Kundera, Updike, Nabokov, and Calvino. If they pretend to know things about lit, Foster Wallace.

haha retard

m8 im drunk give me a break

This thread is gold

Also
/thread

>fear-based prejudices
lol nice meme yes it's fear of STRONG and independant women that keeps people from appreciating all those great women authors... all two of them

for some dumb reason all the cute indie chicks at my high school were into vonnecunt and cuck palahniuk.

Richard of St. Victor, Augustine, Bonaventure, Meister Eckhart, Pseudo-Dionyius, Polycarp, etc

>They don't, because it's not time spent improving their perceived social value.

Name some that don't include YA authors, feminist cunts, libtards, or sluts pandering to a pretentious/exclusively-focused group.
>protip: you can't

>NAME A FEMALE AUTHOR THAT WRITES ABOUT MY SWEATY ETERNAL VIRGINITY

hahahahahaha

The Bible, KJV specifically.

If only that were true

Just because you're a sweaty eternal virgin doesn't mean everyone else here is...

Oh user, I'd feel for you if you weren't such a sissy.

Charles Bernstein and early Susan Howe.

out of all the millions they probably read everything

Check the archive

Girls aren't cute, because they're just bubbling bags of hanging meat and bones, crawling with mites and bacteria, with smelly, sweating pores of dehydraring, dirty salt water and flaky scalps and shit moving through their intestines and dried fecal matter in their hairy ass crack and AIDS blood flowing through their clotted veins.

Isabel Allende

Minus the Aids blood thats all also me so its fine.

>feminist cunts, libtards, or sluts pandering to a pretentious/exclusively-focused group
Now this is a person that evaluates information based on objective criteria and not his own prejudices.

Stuff by John Green

A gril who selects a meme bicycle to match her outfit and induce maximal perception of kawaii will perceive reading as being an inefficient allocation of effort to increase social status.

You mad.

Question: Is it grammatically correct to use a comma before "and"?

It's not wrong.

Sontag, Plath, Woolf. some other trash tier females.
oh, and Murakami, because he's a female-tier writer.

she won't get it.

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?

Doesn't even have to be an Oxford comma. A comma before 'and' is never wrong.

Fucking kek

Dostevsky, St. Augustine, Goethe, Holderlin, Wittgenstein, Descartes, Kant, and stuff like Hilary Putnam and Jerry Fodor other contemporary philosophy of language. They probably also read a lot of existentialist philosophy like Kierkegaard, Heidegger, and Merleau-Ponty, but they avoid the more purely phenomenological stuff like Husserl.

Also I think a good number of them are into the classic Greek tragedians like Euripides and Sophocles.

I had to look this up.

I wouldn't say never. It's important when there's a list within a list.

>Rebecca was proud of her new muffin recipes: blueberry, peanut butter and chocolate chip, and coconut.

Having a comma before the first 'and' would make it look awkward.

>Rebecca was proud of her new muffin recipes: blueberry, peanut butter, and chocolate chip, and coconut.

Some women die virgin too dude.

>cuck palahniuk
I am a cute grill and I went through this phase as a teen. Right now I'm reading Impeachment of man and the stranger. Next is wealth of nations, capital and freedom and democracy in america. I dont know if those lit book suggestion infographics are a meme but I'm reading the books suggested on them anyway.

>Dostevsky
>St. Augustine
>Kant
>Greek tragedians
yes all of this

If I ask nicely and respectively will you post your smile?

no, I'm married and husband wouldn't approve

Okay, just post his cock then thx bb

Married to a Muslim?

Normal hot girls read nothing
Hot girls who think they read: Genre fiction, Jane Austen/Coelho/Harry Potter/etc
Very few girls go beyond that.

If that's true maybe there is hope
>wealth of nations
Don't

>wealth of nations
>Don't
Why not? It was on several lists posted here and elsewhere. I took a bunch of economics classes in college and am looking to expand my understanding. Also is thomas sowell any good?

>Also is thomas sowell any good
to expand on this I want to know if his basic economics book is worth getting or will it just repeat what I learned in macro, micro and econ 101? I also heard that his black rednecks and white liberals book is good but I'm not really into pop culture reads, I like books that teach me things or at least give a new perspective.

>she won't get it
I guess she ain't no houellebecq girl

Girls doesn't read boks because there dum

is submission good? will it reiterate the camp of the saints?

But they're cute bubbling bags of hanging meat and bones, crawling with mites and bacteria, with smelly, sweating pores of dehydraring, dirty salt water and flaky scalps and shit moving through their intestines and dried fecal matter in their hairy ass crack and AIDS blood flowing through their clotted veins.

who are you quoting

Chad's cock

Anybody who unironically uses the word "libtard" should immediately kill themselves. If they don't, they will be forced into labor camps when I am King.

In my experience they mostly read erotica.

Wealth of Nations is slog that doesn't provide relevant theory, it's read for hisotorical purposes. Also most nontextbook gen econ books assume the reader knows nothing

Nothing hotter than a devout Mormon girl

young adult

>50+ replies
>no one posting cute girls with their meme answers

>implying
>not quoting
oh brother.

Thank you, user, I'm glad someone on the internet realizes objectivity is subjectivity masked in ignorance. I mean, hey, it's not like humanity made up numbers as part of a world-model or anything.

Anyone referencing irony on an autistic spectrum disorder complaint forum ought to realize their opinions amount to rather insignificant data in the figurative equivalent of the asshole of the internet. That said, I'd make you Queen, you utterly trite faggot.
>definitely not precum all over my hands from that sodium-chlorinated ad hominem

Get out.

I'm into it.

That's some pretty hardcore wishful thinking dude..

JEZEBELS ETC.

i-is that you August ?

they read knee-chee and alburt kamis, obviosuly.

>females reading Woolf
nice meme

>implying she has read primary N-dog

And male authors write about eternal virginity?

That's because in this example peanut butter and chocolate chip is part of one whole as it is its own recipe. You wouldn't put a comma between peanut butter and jelly in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, although you might substitute the and for an &.

Holy

Is the top one supposed to be good? Because it's mostly shit.

Wtf, i hate girls now

I downloaded the audiobook of basic economics and listened to it while playing vidya, something like 9 hours. It helped give me perspective because I honestly hadn't thought of a lot of those topics before in that light or on that level. But if you're an econ major then you could probably skip it, it basically just explains that economics studies the use of scarce resources which have alternative uses.

>tfw no qt mystic gf

no, its a picture of two idiots

houllebecq

So, /incelgeneral/?

Can confirm, I'm from Utah

I'm reading that as we speak, so far it's ok

wtf i love men now

Silly Novels by Lady Novelists are a genus with many species, determined by the particular quality of silliness that predominates in them—the frothy, the prosy, the pious, or the pedantic. But it is a mixture of all these—a composite order of feminine fatuity—that produces the largest class of such novels, which we shall distinguish as the mind-and-millinery species. The heroine is usually an heiress, probably a peeress in her own right, with perhaps a vicious baronet, an amiable duke, and an irresistible younger son of a marquis as lovers in the foreground, a clergyman and a poet sighing for her in the middle distance, and a crowd of undefined adorers dimly indicated beyond. Her eyes and her wit are both dazzling; her nose and her morals are alike free from any tendency to irregularity; she has a superb contralto and a superb intellect; she is perfectly well dressed and perfectly religious; she dances like a sylph, and reads the Bible in the original tongues. Or it may be that the heroine is not an heiress—that rank and wealth are the only things in which she is deficient; but she infallibly gets into high society, she has the triumph of refusing many matches and securing the best, and she wears some family jewels or other as a sort of crown of righteousness at the end. Rakish men either bite their lips in impotent confusion at her repartees, or are touched to penitence by her reproofs, which, on appropriate occasions, rise to a lofty strain of rhetoric; indeed, there is a general propensity in her to make speeches, and to rhapsodize at some length when she retires to her bedroom. In her recorded conversations she is amazingly p. 179eloquent, and in her unrecorded conversations amazingly witty. he is understood to have a depth of insight that looks through and through the shallow theories of philosophers, and her superior instincts are a sort of dial by which men have only to set their clocks and watches, and all will go well. The men play a very subordinate part by her side. You are consoled now and then by a hint that they have affairs, which keeps you in mind that the working-day business of the world is somehow being carried on, but ostensibly the final cause of their existence is that they may accompany the heroine on her “starring” expedition through life. They see her at a ball, and they are dazzled; at a flower-show, and they are fascinated; on a riding excursion, and they are witched by her noble horsemanship; at church, and they are awed by the sweet solemnity of her demeanor. She is the ideal woman in feelings, faculties, and flounces. For all this she as often as not marries the wrong person to begin with, and she suffers terribly from the plots and intrigues of the vicious baronet; but even death has a soft place in his heart for such a paragon, and remedies all mistakes for her just at the right moment.

The vicious baronet is sure to be killed in a duel, and the tedious husband dies in his bed requesting his wife, as a particular favor to him, to marry the man she loves best, and having already dispatched a note to the lover informing him of the comfortable arrangement. Before matters arrive at this desirable issue our feelings are tried by seeing the noble, lovely, and gifted heroine pass through many mauvais moments, but we have the satisfaction of knowing that her sorrows are wept into embroidered pocket-handkerchiefs, that her fainting form reclines on the very best upholstery, and that whatever vicissitudes she may undergo, from being dashed out of her carriage to having her head shaved in a fever, she comes out of them all with a complexion more blooming and locks more redundant than ever.

We may remark, by the way, that we have been relieved from a serious scruple by discovering that silly novels by lady p. 180novelists rarely introduce us into any other than very lofty and fashionable society. We had imagined that destitute women turned novelists, as they turned governesses, because they had no other “ladylike” means of getting their bread. On this supposition, vacillating syntax, and improbable incident had a certain pathos for us, like the extremely supererogatory pincushions and ill-devised nightcaps that are offered for sale by a blind man. We felt the commodity to be a nuisance, but we were glad to think that the money went to relieve the necessitous, and we pictured to ourselves lonely women struggling for a maintenance, or wives and daughters devoting themselves to the production of “copy” out of pure heroism—perhaps to pay their husband’s debts or to purchase luxuries for a sick father. Under these impressions we shrank from criticising a lady’s novel: her English might be faulty, but we said to ourselves her motives are irreproachable; her imagination may be uninventive, but her patience is untiring. Empty writing was excused by an empty stomach, and twaddle was consecrated by tears. But no! This theory of ours, like many other pretty theories, has had to give way before observation. Women’s silly novels, we are now convinced, are written under totally different circumstances. The fair writers have evidently never talked to a tradesman except from a carriage window; they have no notion of the working-classes except as “dependents;” they think five hundred a year a miserable pittance; Belgravia and “baronial halls” are their primary truths; and they have no idea of feeling interest in any man who is not at least a great landed proprietor, if not a prime minister. It is clear that they write in elegant boudoirs, with violet-colored ink and a ruby pen; that they must be entirely indifferent to publishers’ accounts, and inexperienced in every form of poverty except poverty of brains.

This just makes my dick harder.

It is true that we are constantly struck with the want of verisimilitude in their representations of the high society in which they seem to live; but then they betray no closer acquaintance with any other form of life. If their peers and peeresses are improbable, their p. 181literary men, tradespeople, and cottagers are impossible; and their intellect seems to have the peculiar impartiality of reproducing both what they have seen and heard, and what they have not seen and heard, with equal unfaithfulness.

There are few women, we suppose, who have not seen something of children under five years of age, yet in “Compensation,” a recent novel of the mind-and-millinery species, which calls itself a “story of real life,” we have a child of four and a half years old talking in this Ossianic fashion:

“‘Oh, I am so happy, dear grand mamma;—I have seen—I have seen such a delightful person; he is like everything beautiful—like the smell of sweet flowers, and the view from Ben Lemond;—or no, better than that—he is like what I think of and see when I am very, very happy; and he is really like mamma, too, when she sings; and his forehead is like that distant sea,’ she continued, pointing to the blue Mediterranean; ‘there seems no end—no end; or like the clusters of stars I like best to look at on a warm fine night. . . . Don’t look so . . . your forehead is like Loch Lomond, when the wind is blowing and the sun is gone in; I like the sunshine best when the lake is smooth. . . . So now—I like it better than ever . . . It is more beautiful still from the dark cloud that has gone over it, when the sun suddenly lights up all the colors of the forests and shining purple rocks, and it is all reflected in the waters below.’”

We are not surprised to learn that the mother of this infant phenomenon, who exhibits symptoms so alarmingly like those of adolescence repressed by gin, is herself a phoenix. We are assured, again and again, that she had a remarkably original in mind, that she was a genius, and “conscious of her originality,” and she was fortunate enough to have a lover who was also a genius and a man of “most original mind.” This lover, we read, though “wonderfully similar” to her “in powers and capacity,” was “infinitely superior to her in faith and development,” and she saw in him “‘Agape’—so rare to find—of which she had read and admired the meaning in her Greek Testament; having, from her great facility in learning languages, read the Scriptures in their original tongues.” Of course! Greek and Hebrew are mere play to p. 182a heroine; Sanscrit is no more than a b c to her; and she can talk with perfect correctness in any language, except English. She is a polking polyglot, a Creuzer in crinoline. Poor men. They're all a bunch of roastie whores not worth reading.

The qts I know read de Beauvoir, Mann, Kierkegaard (all of them really seem to like him), Murakami, Hesse, Kundera, and whatever the lecture list is. I know a girl who is way in to Levinas and another who keeps making Wittgenstein jokes. All in all, the same stuff you read, user.

I told a cute girl to read Houellebecq then she ghosted me after I laughed at "nigger" in the shining. Full retard.

This, found it in my gf's bathroom and finished it before I finished my shit.

woolf, bronte, austen.
Have you ever even been in the same room as a book?

DOES LITERATURE IMPRESS GIRLS OR NOT !???

>Girls who read Captain Kierk.
Fucking where? I tried to get an evangelical girl I was dating for a bit to read Kierk, but she was scared that "his theology didn't line up with hers" or some stupid shit.