Name great works of literature inspired or conceived by drugs harder than alcohol

Name great works of literature inspired or conceived by drugs harder than alcohol.

Other urls found in this thread:

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs
collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hard-drug
dictionary.com/browse/hard-drug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_harmfulness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Doors of Perception and The Teachings of don Juan

he said GREAT works

Gravitys Rainbow

Nietzsche was constantly consuming massive quantities of victorian era "pharmaceuticals" to keep his headaches in check

Marcus Aurelius and many of the Roman were opium addicts

Looking For Alaska

So let me get this right
"hard drugs" just mean drugs that will get you more prison time than others

OP here. So far no one has fulfilled the thread's request.

I read GR. It's better than most burger pomo, but it's still yawningly American.

Peter Pan

it's about a little boy who never grew up

hard means addictive and debilitating.

I think he means drugs that do more than just lower social inhibitions and make the room spin a little. Alcohol doesn't really do much of anything to you in terms of altering consciousness. It's a lot closer to a sleeping pill than to LSD.

Atlas Shrugged

benzos and opiates barely alter your consciousness more than alcohol yet they're called "hard drugs"

alcohol is both of those

alcohol won't do the shit crack or heroin does

The only pills Ayn Rand was taking were red.

Alcohol withdrawal can literally kill you

How many people do you know who suck cock for beer?

Whether drugs are "hard" or "soft" depends on how addictive they are. Nothing to do with to what degree they alter your consciousness while active. Nicotine is a hard drug. Caffeine is more hard a drug than THC or LSD.

Just your mother

Hard and soft refers to degree of harmfulness, not "addictiveness", brainlet. The latter isn't even in any way objectively measurable metric since it's entirely personal.

meets your criteria nonetheless:
>On the writing of Gravity's Rainbow, Pynchon reportedly told Siegel, "I was so fucked up while I was writing it . . . that now I go back over some of those sequences and I can't figure out what I could have meant."

If that's the case alcohol is easily a hard drug since it's on par with other "hard drugs" in terms of toxicity

Shakespeare's dramas

Still a shit book, so no it doesn't.

What drugs if any is he confirmed to use?

Damn straight

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs
>Hard drugs are drugs that lead to physical addiction.
>Soft drugs are not thought to cause physical addiction.

collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hard-drug
>a strong, usually illegal, drug which is likely to cause addiction
>a potent drug, such as heroin or cocaine, that usually leads to physical or psychological dependency

dictionary.com/browse/hard-drug
>an addicting drug capable of producing severe physical or psychological dependence, as heroin.

I've got some terrible news, user. You were the brainlet all along.

it is rumored that Coleridge wrote Kublai Khan while nodding off on opium

Yes it will, the only difference is that because of reasons, it is cheap and easily available, whereas most other drugs are "controlled", which tends to massively inflate their prices.

Naked Lunch

>simple .wikipedia.org
>You were a brainlet all along.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_harmfulness

>More harmful drugs are called "hard drugs"[2] and less harmful
>More and less
>Not all
>It is unrelated to their actual status, which is determined by addictiveness.

In medicine and chemistry hard drugs are the ones that are difficult or impossible to metabolize completely, you fucking contrarian retard. Literally had an exam on this 2 years ago. Kill yourself.

In the dictionary they're not.

I'm curious, how is morphine more difficult to metabolise than for example thc or lsd

Scarlet Begonias->Fire in the Mountain