Thoughts? Is it worth a read? It's better than the stranger right?

Thoughts? Is it worth a read? It's better than the stranger right?

I don't think it's better than Camus' fiction at all, but it's a fine novel regardless. I think Sartre's novels and plays are underrated, actually: he's using "fiction" to work out his philosophy.

That's not a very strong endorsment desu the only work of Camus I thought was good was the Fall, and that was mostly stylistic

no it's quite bad unless you're 16 or an edgy manchild

Why do we dislike the stranger again? I thought it was a nice simple piece of work. It wasn't trying to be deep or bombastic in any way.

What does lit think of the play no exit? I liked it so much I bought a screenplay the day after I saw it.

babbys first philosophy

Read The wall instead of that garbage, at least it's fun.

how did this ugly fuck brainwash simone de beauvoir to bring him younger girls to cuck her in her own bed?

Camus' fiction is better than Sartre's, Sartre's philosophy is better than Camus'.

Not that Sartre's fiction is bad or anything, but it's absolutely not as good as The Stranger

>good
Please define "good".

the form that allows one to realize all the other forms

yes its definitely worth the read

It's great

disagree. camus is an overall stronger thinker because he's riding the coattails of kierkegaard. sartre's humanist existentialism is a very weak instantiation of kant or the german idealists (though camus cribbed from jacobi as well).

camus' philosophy is better than sartre's but it doesn't mean that it is good on its own. really good for post-christian teenagers as an alternative to misunderstanding nietzsche. sartre's only bright spots are "the wall" and "no exit," IMHO.

mint!

Having only read a translation, I can say I really enjoyed it. But I question wether Sartre was trying to say that the main character was actually having a metaphysical/existential crisis or was just being a dramatic edgelord.

I just read the stranger, not really impressed, nausea had some great lines, I really enjoyed it ... but I fucking hate sartre for being a nihilism propagating pedo.

I don't care much for Camus, but I'll take him over Sartre any day

>you will never be a disillusioned 16 year old again
>you will never angrily read the stranger for the first time
>you will never again have the first of your now daily existential crisises
>you will never again look up at the oppressive lights of the classroom, the snivelling of your classmates, and then out the window towards the wasted blue day
>you are no longer young

not to derail but new to Veeky Forums and looking to get into reading more looking for spooky stuff for halloween then depressing books or stuff that'll make me see thing differently like the catcher in the rye did

They were degenerates.