How do we fix Veeky Forums?

How do we fix Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Control_Act_of_1954
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Instant, no warning permanent posting bans on Veeky Forums for people who make or post in Jordan Peterson threads.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Control_Act_of_1954

and this

By banning the Alt right and Alt left fags. They are so f*cking annoying with their memes.

Replace every peterson thread with an Evola thread.

By not having meta-threads.

Seconded.

encourage /a/ posters to return to /a/.

this
kys

It'd be great to have some genuine female posters instead of the angry Japanafan pretenders that infest this board. Nevermind, only a sicko would stick around for the abuse. Womnen should stay gone.

get rid of the sticky to be desu also require every post to be accompanied by an image of DFW from the 2003 ZDF interview

that's pretty much everyone on this board

Ban all Jewish trolls who kosherpost threads into oblivion.

>the devil perpetuates lies this is not a yuri board
bad trips

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.

Make a new board /ip/ Internet Personas.
Jordan Peterson and John Green threads would be posted there.

I support this proposal. Let's make it happen.

I don't even have an opinion on JP but I find the constant arguments about him irritating. In the very early days of Veeky Forums all discussion of Ayn Rand was banned and I think a similar ban would have a beneficial effect.

Nobody even talks about his book which costs $50 on amazon or something.

I also think that politics threads should be curtailed because they're bad for my blood pressure.

Ban frogposters and Wojackposters. Ban Memerson and other low level pop intellectuals thread. Ban obvious /pol/ posters.

This, /a/ posters are dumb.

Nigger what?

Remove the rule on discussing fanfic. People here want to laugh at the 90% of it that deserves laughing at and discuss the 1% that merits discussion. If people fear an invasion of plebs restricting it to one thread a week would be a good compromise.

I wish DFW posters would go away

Agreed. Ideologies belong on Veeky Forums. Either discuss a fucking book or fuck off.

/ip/ or /eceleb/, /v/ also wants to get rid of AVGN and Jontron threads.

These meta threads aren't useful
It's the same complaints every time, we just need better mods

Also too many people bump shit threads use fucking sage

This

merge with /a/ officially

Fuse Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums into one board.

no

Why would I want brain cancer if I already have heart cancer, user?

The humanities already encompasses "literature", Veeky Forums is already within Veeky Forums.
I change my mind; why the fuck is the humanities on Veeky Forums and not Veeky Forums.
Delete Veeky Forums entirely, and then split the histories and the humanities on Veeky Forums into two boards.

I agree with this but largely only because Veeky Forums is too slow as it is.

Why does it need fixing? This is the problem with meta threads. It's always about how to "fix" the board, and naturally you will get way more posts wanting change than posts that want things to stay as they are.

Meta threads are shit because they always spur change even when it isnt necessary. I miss the old rule that meta threads weren't allowed. This site had a significant drop in quality ever since /q/ was established in 2012, and it's not hard to see why it was quickly removed. It changes things too much.

Then you can add economics/political philosophy to Veeky Forums.

Better idea, remove the humanities part of Veeky Forums and have the mods and janitors do their jobs

To be fair, you need to have a high IQ to understand infinite jest

Unironically merge with Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /pol/, Veeky Forums and /r9k/ then replace the captcha with an IQ test and everyone who scores under 120 gets permabanned.

require all threads to be about john green and/or rupi kaur

fpbp

It is so ordered.