Do think this is going to change an alcoholic? It's just going to make them work harder to get the DOC...

Do think this is going to change an alcoholic? It's just going to make them work harder to get the DOC. So basically this is a form of prohibition that will fail and Scotland will fall into shit.
>nbcnews.com/news/world/scotland-tackles-alcohol-crisis-minimum-price-law-n844696

Raising the price of alcohol worked wonders for Canada and Australia in lowering the overall rate of alcoholism.

While it doesn't stop raging alcoholics, it stops lesser alcoholics and casual drinkers who are going slightly out of hand from levelling up.

Also, you sound like an alcoholic who's made he's going to have to spend more to get black out drunk every night.

This law will help. I was mad when they raised the price of cigarettes, but in retrospect, it was a good decision. Helped me quit.

Raising the prices on shit like alcohol and tobacco as a deterrent is the dumbest possible shit a government can do. All it's going to accomplish is make poor people even poorer, and less able to enjoy what little they have.

I am an alcoholic and I might cut back but I doubt I would quit.

Makes me sad knowing frosties and bucky will take a dive bomb. I don't want to pay a premium price for the power juice but I might just have to.

Yeh britbongs have already scrapped the lovely 12.5g bags of baccy and made the commie decision to dress their packs in baby shit coloured paper.

Fresh cleaned comforter and mattress. That looks like camping

what a bunch of human refuse. let them rot on the streets if they cant even compete for a flipping burgers job

I'm not sure it would work for me. I can't imagine life without getting blackout drunk every night. You know what they should do, make all the packaging reflective so you see yourself in the mirror and see what a piece of shit you are.

Very Sci Fi. I think that would look very cool.

So you admit this will have a positive effect on you

and fags only come in 20s now.

i remember visiting uk about 15 years ago, shit almost 20 years ago now. they sold Camel cigarettes in packs of 10, and the main color was blue, rather than desert brown and gold. so weird.

It probably won't help people who are already addicted. It will likely stifle the uptake of new alcoholics.

I'm not gonna say that

I'm an alcoholic and I would totally vote for prohibition. You fools just haven't been drinking long enough to realize how shitty the long term health problems are.

>you're just a weak faggot addict who can't drink in moderation

I say you're just another suicidal faggot who is too much of a little bitch to climb a telephone pole, cut through the insulation, and lick the bare wire.

Yeh for some reason they don't trust us with the hard smokes a lot of the time. Britbongs can't handle themselves after a wee blue wkd and smoke forty in a night.

Being a big fan of the smoking this law has been a right bastard when you're on a night out and tonnes of scummy birds try and harass you for a fag.

>Raising the prices on shit like alcohol and tobacco as a deterrent is the dumbest possible shit a government can do.
It makes perfect sense in countries with national healthcare systems, because smoking and excessive drinking are both public health hazards that cost those systems money. The tax is not just a deterrent, but a way to pay the system back some of those costs.

>All it's going to accomplish is make poor people even poorer
Maybe the poor should stop wasting their money and learn to make kilju.

Only being partial to a smoke after a few drinks this law is a bit of a cunt.
I inevitably end up with a load of fags at the end of the night that usually end up getting smoked during the week.

raising prices is fine but put those extra funds towards public abuse counselling or treatment

if that extra cash just goes back to regular bullshit then youre basically just ringing the drunks out of their last dollars and making life even harder for them

the poor can only get so poor before they engage their brain and say i have to cut this shit out its crippling me financially

What are you talking about? You must be drunk right now.