In Canada a burger and fries at five guys costs $20. How is this acceptable?

In Canada a burger and fries at five guys costs $20. How is this acceptable?

>bacon double cheeseburger
>drink
>fries
>tax
>canada
That's how

What a load of shit. Their food is good but not that good

That's $1.73 less than $20 and you ordered a bacon cheeseburger AND you ordered a drink you liar.
I agree it's overpriced but let's not resort to hyperbole.

>10$ for a fast food burger made by dumb teenagers

What the fuck

>canada
Biggest factor

Lol fuck off i go to my local diner and that combo is $8 plus tax. But i was downtown so those places dont really exist.

is this supposed to prove any point? you literally just reiterated the OP but dropped any sense of incredulity.

My point was it wasn't just a burger and fries. I agree Five Goys is a ripoff but OP is gay.

It's like $3 less in the US.

Sounds about right considering your dollar value.

Because Toronto is a shithole

Just make your own

That's 20 moose bux which is really only like $5. Pretty good deal actually

>fast food

Excuse me, retard. These are cooked to order.

why the fuck would you spend that much at a shitty chain?

That's about what Five Guys costs in USD. They've been a ripoff for years.

>restaurants struggle to stay open 5+ years.
>rich people run scam resturants and have htem sell $20 hotdogs planned to fail so they can do some tax loop bullshit.
>five guys can sell $20 combos and become a franchise.

I think this new age of consumerism is really high lighting how stupid people have become.

Gotta pay for those rapefugees somehow

Um sweetie, it’s a greasy fast food burger joint ok?

OP ordered enough food to feed 3 people. If you can finish a regular fry at Five Guys solo you're either a competitive eater or the size of a small planet. Hell im overweight and I could barely eat a double burger like they did by itself.

Why do people post about Five Guys being expensive every fucking day?

>HST

The only good thing about being in BC. the ONLY good thing.

>1 LITTLE CAJUN

kek'd

It would've maybe been 2 bucks cheaper in the US.

>If you can finish a regular fry from five guys, you're a competitive eater

Did you ask for the Globalism discount? It adds an additional 50% tax to your overall order. Those funds go directly to Gorge Soros himself.

>he ordered cajun fries

It's worth it

>Canadian """"money""""

You're a fucking fatass.

They pay living wages... (manager makes $125,000.00) it’s how America should be, not greasy corporations shareholders commanding minimum wage slaves...

You bought the biggest burger. The price is made higher because you can get all the "premuim" toppings on it for free. The burger is a lot like our healthcare, you pay for it if you don't use it still.

>How is this acceptable?
Were you outraged inside the restaurant when the check arrived? I sure hope so: doing all that math on the front end (before you place your order) is for losers and nerds.
A real man never looks at prices until he's finished eating and ready to get mad.
>responding to this thread

Its like 2 large fries for any other burger place you fatty. You dont need all that for one meal.

So you’re outraged about paying 10 Canadian dollars for a double bacon cheeseburger in downtown Toronto? Are you going to make another thread about the $6 bottle of beer you drank later that night at a downtown bar? Things are more expensive in cities, that’s life.

>In Canada
Your Trudeau sponsored CuckBucks are basically monopoly money, that's why.

When will people understand...
Five Guys was created specifically for affluent white people who want the fast food experience without dealing with poor or brown people. If you cant afford the membership premium then go to mcdonalds.

57% of Americans have less than $1000 in their savings kek

This. Toronto is one of the least affordable cities due to a housing boom. You aren't buying just a hamburger and fries, you are paying their absurdly high rent and hydro, not to mention $15 minimum wage and refugee tax.

This. Take Japan for example. It's actually cheap as fuck to live in but you get people bitching about the price of shit because their only experience of the country is hanging out in expensive suburbs of Tokyo.
I have a 4 bedroom house across the road from a major station for $300/month and it only costs me $2/day in groceries.

>it only costs me $2/day in groceries.
I don't believe that for one second. I was in Japan for a month in 2012 and spend a lot of time in grocery stores. It was far from cheap.

>visit 5 guys earlier tonight
>pay $12 for my burger and fries, no drink
>sitting around waiting for my food, looking at their reviews on the walls
>notice that they've changed all the signage since my last visit
>the date of the reviews is no longer listed
>remember noticing my previous visit (~6 months ago) that most of the reviews were more than a decade old
>mfw some 5 guys corporate cuck also finally noticed this and, since no one has given them a good review in the past 10 years, they decided to just remove the dates and hope to fool people

Is this the beginning of the end?

yeah they are at the end of the quality/price cycle. I guess maybe you give them credit that they raised their prices more than they lowered the quality of the food. I think it's just a natural progression.
What are the good places now? Like Torchy Taco?

Daily reminder that the Canadian dollar is worth nothing

What does the HST stand for?

you must not buy any fruit then

Gyoumu super my man. Can buy shit in bulk for dirt cheap.

To be honest, nah. Fruit is expensive as fuck in Japan so I just get bananas or citrus fruits on sale when they're in season.