How much does Veeky Forums read a day?

There's so many books to read and only so much time. I want to know how often and how much you guys read to get through your backlog of books.

20 pages a day

Usually I'm reading 3-4 books at once, so I try to read a minimum of 30 pages from each (not a definite number, just a feeling I get after having read for a while) before I move on to something else in my day or pick up one of the other books.

For about 1-2 hours a day. Weekend i read about 3-6 h/day

and much time does that take you? half an hour? Normally for me, it can take 30 to 60 minutes to read 20 pages.

so it sounds like u read about 100 pages a day then?

Around there, hopefully more yeah

50-100 pages a day. Sometimes more or less depending on my schedule.

What are your guys'' life if u can read up to a 100 pages a day?!

Unemployed applying to grad programs

I always set aside an hour in the morning for reading and an hour at night. Typically I'll knock out 30-40 pages a day, though lately I've replaced my morning hour-read with bike rides due to the amazing weather where I live. Fitlit is the patrician life

Normally an hour, but I usually use a pencil to underline words so I probably could read a little faste without it

Currently not working
I read 80 pages today and when i used to come home from work i was too tired to pock up a book

Good luck pal, what areas?

This is a big issue. I try and squeeze in some reading in the morning or on transport because a lot of the time come the evening I'm too tired to read anything which requires much brainpower. Sometimes read short stories before bed. I try and exercise in the evenings too which eats into time

Its so frustrating looking back to when I had more free time and I wasted so much of it. Could've covered loads

I want to make a change so I've recently committed to 40 pages a day consisting of two 20 page sittings.
Of course the time it takes all depends on material. I wouldn't be able to get through 20 pages of Neitzche in the same time I do Bronte.

200-350 pages a day

I have no friends and no life anymore.

100 to 200 a day depending on the seminar reading and other classes. Still find plenty of time for Off Program stuff tho.

Thanks my dude. Linguistics, Hispanic programs, an MFA here or there, Urban Design.

Kinda shooting for pedigree at this point, seeing if I can make an Ivy or a second-tier cause then it seems to really not fucking matter what you study if you then get that professional network and a gilded name on your resume. We'll see!

"fitlit is the patrician life"

Tru as fuck.

Meditating first thing in the morning, going to the gym, then showering and reading for hours with a relaxed mind and body is the fucking life.

My niqqa, what year are you?

This makes me feel better, I'm around that pace and thought I was a horribly slow reader

Work full time, read at least 200 pages a day, and read at least two books over the weekend. Get on my level

50 pages a day bare minimum at about a minute per page for most books. This gets me through any book that isn't a notorious doorstopper in a week or so, which is a pace I feel pretty good about since that's about how long it was expected to read through the short-to-average length works studied in my college English classes.

One year I read nearly 4000 books, but I fucked up and fell asleep after fapping one too many times and missed the mark by 13 books. Fuck that year.

Now I read ~2 pages/day. Too devastated by such retarded failure to do more, plus now I work up to 16h days.

Full time employed, gf and other hobbies like vidya or tv shows. I still find an hour a day to read 40/50 pages. What is your excuse?

the least, none. the least when i plan to read? maybe like 2 pages. at most, ive read maybe 200 on vacation. today i read maybe 15-20 pages at work when i had free time.

i read 300 pages of the goblet of fire in the bathtub when i was a kid

I'm in the same boat, feels not so bad

why do you underline words, like for what purpose?

Sophomore. Are you Ben

No, just familiar with the undergrad program and wanted to know what you were reading

Reading Plutarch's lives. Caesar and Cato. Pretty fucking cool.

Thank God I'm not the only one.

>Meditating first thing in the morning, going to the gym, then showering and reading for hours with a relaxed mind and body is the fucking life.

Hell yeah it is man, and that right there sounds comfy as all hell

I am dyslexic and I get dizzy reading so unless I am really engaged so I usually find and adudibook to supplement my reading. Usually listen to some audio-book for an hour at least while walking around and doing boring shit. A 300 page book is usually around 6 to 8 hours.

Usually about 0 pages per day. Sometimes less if I'm lucky.

I know some guy named Ben who would browse this bored, :?

O I used to go here.

Anyone that has two hours of free time can read 100 pages a day, and if you don't have those, you fucked up.

I'm sure that Warren Buffet is a busy man, and he reads 500 pages a day.

300 pages minimum

The next step is to be a a writer. Leave humanity behind.

Not that user, but I like to highlight passages, sentences, and words that I think would be worth my attention during a second reading. Whether it's just something I find funny, interesting, or something new I've learned.

Why the fuck do you care? Quit posting and fucking read!

lol nerd

2/3rds of my days are spent working and sleeping. I'm lucky to get 20 pages in if I'm not too mentally exhausted.

500 pages in between engineering homework. Hard to get my deadlifts in there too but usually my gf motivates me if you know what I mean

What does meditating involve? For some people it's the eastern style, for others it's quietly sipping on coffee

>Vidya and tv shows
>"hobbies"

lol

150 today

Too exhausted to read of my own volition most of the time, read 20-50 pages a day for uni or more.

What book are you reading?

Harry Potter

I think it's a good idea to adjust whatever goal you have in regard to pages. Trying to read 100 pages a day with a book that contains difficult content isn't a realistic goal, especially if you want to fully understand what you are reading. Obviously this is all individual, as everyone is different depending on their skill level, but it is good to have fluid goals depending on what you are reading and your schedule.

>watching TV is a hobby

Is that tough?

Me too. That's about as long as it takes for me to read philosophy, and I heard it can be pretty tough.

Novels:
Serious stuff 75-100 pages a day
Lighter fare 150+

Poetry:
Depends. Sometimes I breeze through a book, others I spend hours reading and rereading one or two poems.

Not harry potter
Thirteen Ways of Looking by Colum McCann

NEET

>least pages a day: 0
>most pages a day: 350
>average pages a day: 175