I'm still fat but I'm working on eating more satiating food...

I'm still fat but I'm working on eating more satiating food. I like to make stews but I want suggestions for ingredients that are filling but low in calories. I already use meat (lean pork or chicken), broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I use a variety of spices so I'm good on that end. I cut down on the beans and potatoes and sausage because they quickly turn a 500 calorie meal into a 1000 calorie meal. Leafy vegetables of course just turn into water.

What else can I add that's filling but low in calories? Pic related has a lot of lentils in it but they basically just replace the beans I already use. Are turnips or squash any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AsABlackMan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kimchi
tofu
doenjang

Are cauliflowers low in calories? The go well in stews and soups and are very filling.

Vegetables and fruits with fiber are filling. Fiber literally fills you up. It adds bulk, especially when mixed with liquids. It expands. That's why metamucil and other shit powders work. They absorb water and help squeeze all the shit out of your colon.

>onions of all varieties
>celery
>peppers of all kinds
>tomatoes
>squash
>eggplant
>mushrooms of all kinds
>cabbage, rucola, Swiss chard (add ~15 minutes before serving so they do not dissolve completely)

what do you drink?
if it's soda, that's why you're fat.

Just eat less in the evening and you should be good.

Fennel. Not sure how well they would stew but maybe give jicima and daikon a try as they are both hearty enough to replace the potato but have very little calories.

Thanks, I was thinking about buying doenjang (soybean paste) but wasn't sure if I would like the taste.

Did you read the post?

Did you read the post?

Thanks for the suggestions. How do you like eggplant in stews? I figured it would be too bitter. Mushrooms are something I completely overlooked.

Water, protein shakes, diet soda, beer twice a week at most, a little bourbon with dinner

This question is about my dinner meal, so it is about eating less in the evening.

Cool, thanks. I have seen daikon in grocery stores. Does it have the same flavor as other radishes?

Its like a mild radish.

lentils

yeah i read the post you lardass loser.

Did you read the post?

I'll try it

I've never experienced eggplant as bitter in a stew, personally I love eggplant especially the skin

Mushrooms. Mushrooms will add a savory, earthy flavor and give the soup a little body too (especially if you use something firmer than white button, but use white buttons too).

no

broccoli

>Water
fine.
>protein shakes, diet soda
poison and why you're fat.
>beer twice a week at most
ok but not in excess.
>a little bourbon with dinner
trash and poison, also why you're fat.

LENTILS AND BARLEY

>Diet soda
>Poison

Uh? Diet is 0 in everything but sodium. Its tonic water with flavored liquid

>sucralose
>aspertame
>not poison

your body hates it.

I’m gonna say that aspartame is sort of a meme, and it won’t kill you. But protein shakes are unnecessary the only people who might actually need those are scrawny vegans. Aside this the sugar dependency definitely puts your diet at risk of relapse.

Squash - good but calorically almost pure carbs.

Celery sticks and bamboo shoots - basically a stick of fiber and flavored water nutritionally, but at the same time essential for flavor and texture in some dishes.

Shirataki noodles/rice - basically fiber noodle gummies. Under 10 kcal per 100g. Gets you minor weeb cred.

Dinner is generally eaten in the evening, so the point still stands. Eat less for dinner and throughout the rest of the evening. Eat a decent breakfast and lunch to maximise your performance in the day, you don't really need a big meal to watch TV and sleep.

alright, I'll pick some up next time

you're right, I completely forgot about shrooms

Did you read the post?

>poison and why you're fat.
explain
And why is bourbon poison but beer isn't?

Celery, onions, asparagus
Squash is really good but as mentioned above, not the most nutritional on it's own.

Wow what a study. People who drink diet soda are probably trying to lose weight in the first place. 2/3 of the USA is overweight so they're obviously failing at dieting

>But protein shakes are unnecessary

Unnecessary to whom? They're only unnecessary if you don't lift or if you eat tons of meat all day.

Celery isn't a bad idea, I don't mind how it tastes in soups. I haven't had bamboo shoots and I don't think my grocery store sells it.

Not a fan of Shirataki noodles

Asparagus is delicious cooked in other ways, but it turns into tasteless mush in a stew. Onions are good for flavor but again vanish when cooked for a while in a stew

>why is bourbon poison but beer isn't
beer is empty calorie carbs.
bourbon is sugary bullshit carbs.
you can sweat out beer quickly.
you don't sweat out bourbon as easily.

>People who drink diet soda are probably trying to lose weight
then why are they drinking soda?

>Diet soda causes more intense weight gain

Oh for the love of, It's all about the amount. Of course this study shows that, People drink diet soda because they think theres no risks, Drinking 3 gallons of diet soda a day is going to make you fat regardless if it has sugar or not.

People who drink one can of diet soda oft regularly like once a day or week, are fine.

try zucchini

Why not just eat a baked potato, some protein like steak or chicken, and some vegetables like broccoli? Its only 500-600 calories and more nutritious. Keep things simple.

How much sugar do you think is in bourbon?

Because they like it

>Drinking 3 gallons of diet soda a day is going to make you fat regardless if it has sugar or not.

lmao, how did you reach that conclusion? Replace diet soda with water in that sentence and it's just as stupid.

>bourbon is sugary bullshit carbs.

Wow, this is probably the dumbest thing I've read on Veeky Forums in a while. Bourbon contains 0 fat, carbs and protein. 100% of the calories are from the alcohol itself

Correlation doesn't mean causation.
Which sounds more likely: a zero calorie sweetener causes weight gain in some unexplained manner, or fatties use their zero calorie soda as an excuse to pig out even more?

4 litres of soda is mopre than a galon, and some people drink that and beyond. My roomate has had 4 bottles of soda in one day before

And? How does that make someone fat? The soda has 0 calories. If you drank 2 gallons of water a day, it wouldn't make you fat either because there's no calories

cabbage

>bourbon
>carbs
>you can sweat out sugar and ethanol easier than just ethanol

>I cut down on the beans
Stop. Replace the meat, or at least some of it, with beans. They're less calorie dense and they're more effective at keeping you full over time than meat. I say this as a meat lover that has lost a lot of weight after begrudgingly replacing most of my meat intake with legumes.

>Replace the meat

Oh look, it took a few hours for the vegan shills to show up. You guys are late today.

> I say this as a meat lover

reddit.com/r/AsABlackMan/

I still eat meat, retard, I said as much in my post.
Read above dumb dumb.

Sure you do

>make shit up about somebody and get shut down
>you're still the fictitious person I pulled out of my ass!!
lol sit down kid

quit it

As a meat lover, I should tell you that dozens of peer reviewed studies link superfluous dietary meat intake with ass cancer. But they can pry my undigested fecal meat from my cold dead colostomy bag!

Haha imagine if you had a bag of nice warm shit taped to your body and it was cold and your hands were cold so you put them in the bag of shit to warm them up. That would be so gross haha who would want that

oh look the shills are multiplying

can it and mosey back to the gay little alien web site, bacon boy

you are a disappointment to your parents

Have you tried and liked miso? Doenjang is basically the same, but tastes stronger and is more salty