When will contemporary literature catch up with pic related?

When will contemporary literature catch up with pic related?

GTA IV had a parody of this in the theater and it was better than Fellini's fraud of a 'film.'

>catch up

It's basically an autobiography about filmmaker's block.

Pic related answers the question-- must film rely on either literature or on literary conventions or techniques to be great? The answer in this ONE instance is no. Love the conclusion.

In about 35 years.

But it DOES rely on another film that most certainly DOES rely on such: Capra's You Can't Take it with You.

Cinema is 50 years behind all other arts.

8 1/2 is a puffed up dull pudding. Means nothing to me.

man, movies are fucking bad

Cinema is 50 years ahead of all other arts. No other contemporary artist in any field is making anything good and relevant as Wang Bing's documentaries, or Jia Zhangke's films.

>to me.

>Cinema is 50 years ahead of all other arts.
Which just goes to show how fucekd art is in general

How is that relevant? You can pick atrocious art from any medium.

Well, you think it does so you're excluded a priori from mattering lol

Yeah, and Moby Dick is just about a fishing trip

yeah self reflexive literature has literally never been a thing, most definitely, you won op

Film is an unimpressive medium. It's very adolescent and up-itself.

to entry level movies?

You're a philistine.

The Unconsoled is more than 20 years old, OP.

Cinema is and always has been a reaction against the Harold Bloom archetype by way of controlling time. Imagine how disgusted Tolstoy would have been to discover that a man read through his entire body of work in a single evening. A man's entire life downed like a bottle of cheap liquor. Literature tried to resist this, see Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest, literally writing an infinitely trying book to prevent this. But a Bloom cannot be stopped by page counts. Take the terrific artists of the cinema, however. They've worked tirelessly, many of them, so that at the very least the runtime of their life's work must be given two days.

Completely forgot this book
Why was it bashed so much in the beginning?

>Wang Bing's documentaries, or Jia Zhangke's films.

opaque chink shit loved by western bobos

retards too dumb to catch the reference to 8 1/2

truly cinema is 50 years behind all other arts, just look at cinema fans

> duhhhh I was just pretending to be retarded I like Fellini really

Return to scoffing popcorn up your asshole and masturbating to leaks from Tarantino movies, chump. Leave the actual films to the film pros like myself.

Guido was originally supposed to be a writer, but since Mastroianni had just finished another film where he played a writer, Fellini realized he could make him a film director. He said something along the lines of "If he keeps on acting writers, soon he'll mistake himself for one!"

It merely seems some critics were butthurt Ishiguro went magical realist. Y'know, that's South American folly, not good honest Anglo literature.

jajaja good jolly itali

La Dolce Vita was better

I prefer 8½ desu, I find it more personal and energetic than La Dolce Vita
Another favorite of mine from Fellini is Intervista, I just love it