Does anyone have any experience adding honey to chocolatechip cookies?

Does anyone have any experience adding honey to chocolatechip cookies?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/4-rules-for-successfully-swapping-honey-for-sugar-in-any-baked-goods-230156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they fall apart.

Accidentally sent it before finishing my question.

Does it taste any good? Would I have to make any salt adjustments? What other important stuff should I know before I make my first batch?

i have a degree in it but i don't have any actual experience with the process

How millennial of you

why don't you just look up a recipe for chocolate chip cookies sweetened with honey

I once added maple syrup to a brownie mixture, it seemed to separate the butter from the mixture and so my brownies had trouble cooking.

I think adding baking soda helps to bind the syrup, butter and other ingredients together, as I use it in Anzac biscuits.

id rather find out if it's actually good or not so i don't waste ingredients making something inedible

why is s|op of shit considered spam now?

honey is another form of sugar so im sure if it's prepared correctly it'll taste good

now i want to try creaming together honey and butter

Always remember:
Honey is sweeter than sugar
You aren't *adding* honey to a recipe, so much as *replacing* one sweetener with another. Otherwise it would be too sweet.

It's not just that's it's sweeter. Honey also adds more liquid, and also changes the makeup of what you're baking. Generally you need to remove liquids, add baking soda and lower the oven temperature.

thekitchn.com/4-rules-for-successfully-swapping-honey-for-sugar-in-any-baked-goods-230156

I would spread that shit on a cinnamon raisin bagel.. fuck

I'm a melittologist. You are basically adding bee vomit to the batter. So to bind the cookie, you want to add a little sawdust.

>replacing
Yep. I've replaced parts of the white/brown sugars with honey. The taste is pretty much the same, but the texture is a bit softer, and they stay softer for longer. It's pretty much the only reason to use honey.

>only reason to use honey
While I admit it has many uses, the only reason I ever buy it is to sweeten green tea.

I meant for baking/cookies.

I like honey bread, and sometimes in tea though.

How does honey have more sugar than pure sugar? But good info all around.

>have more sugar
It's sweeter, it doesn't "have more sugar".

> Lower oven temperature
The higher sugar content in honey means it caramelizes and therefore burns faster than granulated sugar. To ensure that whatever you're baking doesn't brown too quickly, lower the heat and keep a watchful eye. "Check it early and often to avoid burning or overbaking," recommends Sever.

>lower the heat
No need to, at least if you're only replacing part of the sugar with honey (I've never completely replaced the sugar).