Fellow writers, what is the best way to write genderless characters without falling for dumb pronouns meme games?

Fellow writers, what is the best way to write genderless characters without falling for dumb pronouns meme games?

Fuck off, you anime shitter. Fucking loser

Give them a name that works for both genders.
Don't ever refer to them as "she" or "he"

get out of Veeky Forums.org

this. it can be tricky, but i wrote a story without mentioning the protagonist's gender or even referring to them by name. it was kind of fun, throwing in hints that they may have been male or female; if you make a vaguely lewd insinuation, it comes off very differently if the reader assumes the character is male rather than female.

Make them a robot, or an alien, or a robot alien, or a ghost

make them dead

make them a monstrous vermin.

Read the Broken Earth Trilogy. It leaves you scratching your head as to what that twink is.

>genderless character
you've already fallen for the dumb pronoun meme game

It. Call it it. That's what I'd call it.

what's the point of writing genderless characters? Are you writing characters without any emotions too?

Visit a psych ward and closely observe the behavior of the mentally ill.

This should give you some insight into the viewpoint of delusional freaks.

Read Kino no Tabi

Just use "he? She? It?" Every time you want to use a pronoun

Have it set in Australia and use "cunt" to refer to your character. It's non-gendered.

Alternatively you can find some other descriptive words like "retard", "wanker", "piece of shit".

Voila. He/she/it didn't open the window. The cunt opened the window. He/she/it didn't close the door, the wanker did. He/she/it didn't post a fucking stupid question on Veeky Forums, it was the retarded piece of shit, that cunt of a person who did.

>It. Call it it. That's what I'd call it.
you answer reads like a poem or rap lyrics

somehow like this

Carefully.

If "they" "'re" biologic female, per example, use "she". If biologic male use "he".

What anime is that?

Also just call your dumb character a gender-neutral name like Jamie or some shit

What can you tell about my writing if anything solely on this.

Write the book from an internal monologue perspective. "They" know their gender, so you might get around mentioning it.

it fucks with the reader's expectations. and it's fun, like trying to write a novel without using the letter "w".

That you are pretentious as fuck. What's the name of the program?

>Have it set in Australia and use "cunt" to refer to your character. It's non-gendered.

not strictly true. guys can refer to other guys as cunts in a joking way. if a guy refers to a woman as a cunt, it's seen as a more serious condemnation.

wordcounttools. com

I use the term "NAZI" if they arent comfortable with he, she or it.

Ever read "The Void"?

Write in finnish
Ei tämäkään kieli niin vaikea ole

FUG :DDDDD

SPÖRÖ SPÄRÄ :DDD
PEDRO SPORA :DDDDD

Good show, bad threads.

You should just embrace the meme. Not only will writing your story be easier, but you will end up on a Vice podcast for your proclaimed wokeness. This is true no matter how mediocre your scifi is

Have them only ever appear indirectly, through letters or through the internet. The character would still have a gender, but not the data and objects they influence to represent themselves.

Or, if they have to be present and you want to go a particularly enigmatic route, refer to them by name only.

Just say their name but explain that either the character is androgynous or is just some entity