Do americans really not eat rabbits? I eat rabbit meat like it's a fucking snack, so damn good for a quick bite

do americans really not eat rabbits? I eat rabbit meat like it's a fucking snack, so damn good for a quick bite.

I cant find fucking rabbit or lamb in most supermarkets but I can find fucking QUAIL EGGS

literally why

We eat rabbit. It might be more of a southern thing, I dunno.

I can't buy it in stores or anything like that, but myself, my family, and my extended family have all had it at least a few times. It's nothing weird. I do know that a chunk of people get weirded out by it, but those are the same people who eat their steaks well done and think venison and lamb are abominations.

Depends where in the US, since the US is a country spanning an entire fucking continent.

I live in the PNW and eat the fuck out of rabbit.

Same.
Lamb was $10 a lb the last time I found it.. and it was a mid-tier market, not normally crazy overpriced.
I've never seen rabbit anywhere.

Only seen quail eggs at the asian markets though.

I've never eaten rabbit but I'd definitely try it

It's not kosher.

True, our supermarkets except for asian markets in cities don't sell them, but I generally kill and eat 10-20/year in my backyard. Of course you have to be in a country that allows you to own a knife so you can dress them out, so I guess that leaves out most of western yurop and britstania, wat?

Do you squish the innards out like ketschup, or sling it out

I'm a city boy, so no. Out in the woods where people just use their guns to kill animals and not people,it's much more common.

It's not a common meat in most areas, but it does get consumed. Americans have a weird relationship with some meats. People might not eat it, but they can't give you a good reason (apart from being hard to find at a grocery).
I've read that Rabbit fell out of favor after WWII. With the economic boom, fancy new mass produced and ready foods, rabbit was seen as a throwback to harder days, poverty days. On the same level as eating squirrel. Seems like the stigma passed down through generations, in one way or another.

Someone just played HQ.

>eating poverty food
What is this, Soviet Russia? I can afford more condiments than water on my bread.

It's difficult to find where I live outside of specialty stores, either the high end chains or Asian places, so I don't make it
Do like rabbit pate though

I think most people would be willing to eat it, but its just not a staple, and most dishes of it are rather obscure and its not in most grocery stores. Probably because there isn't any industry marketing it

Go buy a cheap .22 rifle and hunt it yourself. Or snare local ones if in an urban area.

>set up snares in an urban area

You'll be known as the guy who trapped all those cats

Is it a quick bite if you have to cook it?

I have a feeling the neighborhood kids would be traumatized seeing thumper hanging from a tree branch while they try and play stickball

>legitimately curious how cat tastes
>don't want to try it because I don't want to eat strays, sheltered, or ferals for fear of disease
>don't want to get in trouble by stealing house cats
>don't want to buy from a breeder for $300
Life is suffering.

just go on craigslist and make an ad asking to eat someone's healthy cat. If people could make ads asking to eat humans and getting serious participants, I don't think cats will be hard to get.

if you do this screencap it

Too cute and people born after 1970 see them as pets not food.

I live in rural Oregon. One grocery chain, McKay’s, sells rabbit meat. Most people around here will hunt it though. That and squirrels.

They do

haha shit, my older brother always cleaned them this way, didn't realize that it was an established way of doing it.

It's not common, which is a shame. I accidentally bought a UK version of an American magazine and saw all the wonderful meats they could buy. "Just go to your local butcher" it said. That's when I knew something was wrong.

it’s too gamey

When I hunted, if I could bag one, it was a solid stew or nice over a spit. Living in the city kind of sucks, because I can't even find chicken hearts to save my life, but I can find edamame noodles and bison no problem.

>You'll be known as the guy who trapped all those cats

Not illegal where I live, especially the feral shits, as long as its on your property.

Rabbit starvation user, why would we eat something without fat?

that only happens with starving rabbits, if you shoot them in the summer/fall they have fat

>Can't find lamb in a supermarket

What dystopian society do you live in user?

>tfw I live in Australia and lamb is plentiful

rabbits are cute

We never really had a wool industry since we had a cotton industry so raising sheep was kinda dumb hence no domestic lamb production, then it became cultural not to eat it. You can get it in higher end markets no problem though, usually only rack of lamb or chops as near as I can tell

can't imagine it personally, it'd be like eating a cat

I wouldn't eat urban wildlife if I were you
Who knows what pollutants they could metabolize over the years

I have an aunt who raises rabbits. Shit is so fucking cash.

cat meat is fucking yuckkky
dogs are ok tho

Yeah, lamb in Australia is like a fifth of the meat section in any supermarket. Maybe more.
Most people I know around here get sick of it pretty easily.
Also, only time I've ever seen rabbit in a meal is when someone involved hunts. Pretty much never otherwise.

Hello friend,

Thanks for being so interested in my home country! I think it's pretty swell myself. I understand how the internet can make some things sound pretty wacky, but don't worry, I can clear it up.

No, some people in America do eat rabbit, like me. It largely depends on what part of the country you are in, and if that part was settled by large numbers of immigrants from countries like yours, who left their homeland in search of a better life.

I'm always glad to help out an Americanophile! I tried to keep the language pretty simple because I know a lot of foreigners are just learning, but let me know if you need me to explain anything.

Sincerely,

user

I eat rabbits and squirrels. It’s a southern state thing, unionfags think it’s gross.

(OP)
Hello friend,

Thanks for being so interested in my home country! I think it's pretty swell myself. I understand how the internet can make some things sound pretty wacky, but don't worry, I can clear it up.

No, some people in America do eat rabbit, like me. It largely depends on what part of the country you are in, and if that part was settled by large numbers of immigrants from countries like yours, who left their homeland in search of a better life.

I'm always glad to help out an Americanophile! I tried to keep the language pretty simple because I know a lot of foreigners are just learning, but let me know if you need me to explain anything.

Sincerely,

user

Do redditors really use spacing like this?

O B E S E D
B
E
S
E
D

They post twice because they're fucking stupid too. Why dd you have to give him a (You)?

I get rabbit all the time at the supermarket. Used to hunt the delicious fuckers but havent in ages. where the fuck did you hear that we dont eat rabbit?

(OP) (OP)
Hello friend,

Sincerely,

user

>being so assmad at the original post that you keep reposting it

Thanks for the (Yous) friendo. Keep your questions about America coming!

Am*ricans are too FAT and DUMB to catch a rabbit, LMAO

LOL

kill yourself, gook

based

neat trick, I thought he was tryna squeeze the poop out to clean it

This

whaddya mean dumb? I catch wabbits all the time, why they come wight up to me kiss me how could anyone not catch one?

Quail eggs are normal eggs for hobbits. Maybe there is a growing hobbit community in your area- Makes a change from the usual goblins.

American's would eat alot more rabbit if it wasn't stringy and touch as shoe leather. Same reason why we don't eat deer meat as a staple.

"Gameyness" an acquired taste and most consumers would prefer the more neutral taste of pork and chicken.

>lets use flavourless meat and dip it in butter sauces instead of using stuff that actually has a taste
very american

>flavourless

Yeah. Gamyness is a "flavor" as much as "rancidity" is a flavor.

You can eat shit all you want. Don't mean others should also eat shit.

rabbit does not taste rancid, nor is gamy, not my fault if you have the tastes of an overgrown kid

You might want to get your tastebuds normalized.

Since you eat shit all day, of course you're going to think delicate foods have no 'flavor.'

This is like 'merican niggers saying sushi has no flavor when compared to fried chicken. lol

>literally dips food in grease not to taste the delicate flavour
tell me more about your delicate foods

Farm raised isn’t tough at all. Or maybe my dad just knows how to cook it, idk. We usually have it in stews and pies, or with thick sauces (including bbq- bbq rabbit is good as fuck I would recommend it. Needs to be done slow over charcoal though)

Saw some for $1.99 a pound at local immigrant store. Poorfag bodybuilder so cheap meat is a large part of my diet. Decided not to because I don't know how to cook it. Anyone got recipes?

Stop embarassing amerilards, faggot. Farmed rabbit at groceries is as mild flavored as chicken. I usually get 15 or so wild ones/year and they're not gamey either. Try eating something besides the tendies your mom warms up for you.

roas it, little oil and butter, low flame until red on both sides, salt, add some water and let go for an hour or until cooked inside, if you want add potatoes in empty spots so butter does not burn, enjoy
maybe not a Veeky Forums approved meal tho

people don't eat deer meat because they, unlike cows, pigs, and chicken, don't do well in caged/small environments
We could breed tasty deer, just like we could breed tasty dogs, cats, and plenty of other animals, but people eat pigs, chicken, and cows because they are far easier to take care of

That sounds good to me. Thanks.

My grandpa used to hunt rabbits way back when until they started dressing like ladies and doing gay shit with him.

My cousin has a 200 acre farm and they raise rabbits for meat. I've eaten it many times. It's good, but will never be popular because rabbits are too cute and have been anthropomorphized in our popular culture for it too ever be widely accepted as a common protein.

>rabbit was seen as a throwback to harder days, poverty days
kinda weird when you think that lobsters did the other way and went from famine survival seabug to 5 stars restaurant tables only

Rabbit is delish.

Individually people will, but it's not something that is typical so you won't see rabbit meat in normal commercial settings.

I'm on the east coast. My supermarket doesn't sell rabbit so the only way I can get it is through hunting. Ever rabbit I've ever shot has been so full of worms I didn't even try to eat it. I don't even shoot them anymore because it's almost gauranteed to be a waste.

Strange, I'm in the south and hunt rabbits in the winter and have never seen one with worms. Were you hunting them in warm weather?

Where. I looked all over and could only find frozen rabbit at more expensive stores like whole foods/new seasons.

Not even the halal markets or German deli's stocked it fresh.

I went to my best friends house last thanks giving. His mom is full blood german and made a nice rabbit. Such a good meat, tasted real earthy to me and hard to describe. Shit is expensive though, only part i hate about eating it is the small little bones you have to watch out for.

I fucking wish there was more rabbit being sold in CA outside of Asian markets. So yummy. Sucks.

If I were going to eat rabbit, I would have to kill it and skin it myself which seems like a waste of time when I could go kill a deer or something big.

Rabbits are easier to hunt and you're actively moving around flushing them out instead of sitting completely immobile in a stand which gets old fucking fast , although I do both. Rabbit season is also much longer than deer.

Even in the dead of winter they're full of worms. It's either because I live in a shit filled trash state (New Jersey) or the we have different species up here.

Funny, just made some tonight.

Only subhumans eat mammals anyway

American rabbits are garbage. You have to go to another country if you want to try good rabbit.

>Only subhumans eat mammals anyway

1000% This. Niggers are fucking disgusting.

fucking Savages.

Birds aren't mammals.

If Indians are so evolved and spiritual, then why are they still meat eating shitskins?

It’s not our fault shitskins haven’t evolved beyond eating meat mike us.

Fuck those Buffalo murdering mongrels.

>implying I only hunt legally

Fuck buffalo. I pray to the native American earth spirits every day to take more of those plains faggots

This is why whites are superior to the uncultured races in every way.

>If Indians are so evolved and spiritual, then why are they still meat eating shitskins?

Because they aren't evolved at all and their "spirituality" consists of murdering animals for rituals.

buffalo tastes good mf what u doing
i do, shit is great.

>unironically being cucked by animals

Fuck off, Egyptian. We wuz kangz n sheit low test motherfucking cat cuck.

>If Indians are so evolved and spiritual,

1) Native Americans couldn't even evolve to an agrarian society, like every other advanced race has. They literally depend on murder as their culture.

2) By "spirituality" do you mean skinning animals alive and ritual sacrifice? Again, Indians literally live in a culture of celebrating murder.