I love this book so much that just thinking about it almost makes me cry. It's the only Vonnegut book I've read so far...

I love this book so much that just thinking about it almost makes me cry. It's the only Vonnegut book I've read so far. What should I read next?

Galapagos. I read a bunch of Vonnegut in a row after high school. I enjoyed them all, but Galapagos has stuck with me.

Timequake is pretty fun
So is Breakfast of Champions but that one is a bit dated IMO

Real literature.

catch-22

You wouldn't recognise real literature if I tore the pages, rolled them into a roll and shoved them in your ass. Fuck yourself, pseud.

>muh McElroy
>muh $350 1st edition, signed hardcover copy of Hawkes Second Skin
>muh dULky aRcHive lmao
>muh expremntl avdntde gardre lit dude lmao do you evn metafictionally recursively metaphysically psychoanalytically critique post modernity through metalanguage boii

I've read just about everything by him and enjoyed it all except for player piano. I would recommend Mother Night, The sirens of Titan, or Breakfast of Champions

never fucking compare Catch-22 with the reddit shitshow that Vonnegut is again

>reddit
Seriously, just stop. It's not an adjective. It's akin to "googling" things.

lol if you can't enjoy a decent book because reddit also likes it you are a massive pleb

Cat's Cradle is my personal favorite, Slapstick a close second. Give those a read.

Cats cradle is mine too. Then his collection of stories Welcome to the monkey house. Sirens of the titan and Breakfast of Champions were also enjoyable.

Vonnegut is my favorite author of all time. He's the one that got me interested in reading.

So far I have read
>Slaughterhouse 5
>Cat's Cradle
>Breakfast of Champions
>Sirens of Titan
>Mother Night
>God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater

Sirens and Cat's Cradle are amazing, but BoC is probably my favorite of his.

holy fuck just go back to r/books already and stop glorifying this YA tier hack!

>le so it goes XDXD

Go back there, mong

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Veeky Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

I loved Monkey House too, particularly Harrison Bergeron. But that might be too popular for the contrarians of Veeky Forums.
Would also recommend Sirens of Titan, Cat's Cradle, Breakfast of Champions, and Timequake (as pretty much everyone else ITT have already recommended)

It has admittedly been maybe 8-10 years since I've read any Vonnegut, but I remember liking Slapstick and Jailbird as well.

>a literal redditor thread
delete this board

kek

This hurt to read.

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

Player Piano is a slog (compared to his other work). He hadn't found his voice yet
Breakfast of Champions represents a more cynical and mean-spirited turn in his writing
His prime was after PP and before BoC
My favorite is Sirens of Titan; Mother Night is another highlight

he's reddit af

I thought PP brought up some interesting concepts and ideas, but the ending kind of fell flat for me.

Overall though I've really enjoyed all of the Vonnegut I've read.

Why do people like this book? It was a quick read but it still felt like a chore and his humour is tumblr-tier "wow look how different and sassy I am"

I'm also going to suggest Sirens of Titan. I was psychotic when I read it though. I kept smoking and the tobacco tasted weird, and my thoughts just went MOONMIST TOBACCO MOONMIST TOBACCO MOONMIST TOBACCO MOONMIST TOBACCO. Then I saw apparitions and I thought materialization was happening around me. Good times.

*Upvote.*

Galapagos is what got me into reading but I think Breakfast of Champions is more like Slaughterhouse-five if that is what one is craving. Based on the books of KV's i've read.

the fact that this is contentious is sad. Liking and disliking things based on who likes them rather than their own merit is the epitome of -pseudo-intellectualism

I read Slaughterhouse-5 in my junior year in high school and I honestly had no clue what the fuck was going on for half the book. I should probably re-read it one of these days now that I'm not as retarded when it comes to comprehending literature.

>>le so it goes XDXD
I take it you aren't a fan of the shirt I bought?

It came out in 1969, way before tumblr.

he said the humour contained within the book is tumblr-tier

Seconded

Well, it was fresher back then. I thought it was perfectly fresh when I read it.

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater is my favorite of his.

if you're looking for the "young sheldon" thread, i'm pretty sure its on /tv/
you'll be much more comfortable among your peers there

>rolled them into a roll

>had had

The battlecry of the brainlet overwhelmed by the realization of its intellectual inadequacy

The Sirens Of Titan

>créée

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

it what every millenial should read!

Deadeye Dick is a funny one. Cat's Cradle is his best

>hitchhiker's guide
>millenial literature

>there are people who will deny the reddit invasion is real
>meanwhile, this thread

Yeah, the threads have really taken a turn to the mainstream plebeianism lately
Is this an organized "le ebin raid XDDD" that will pass or are they here to stay?

I've never once visited plebbit, but I loved Vonnegut when I read him 15 years ago.

I like anime

Cat's Cradle is no good, I can tell you that much. I could only see a huge Vonnegut fan enjoying it.

>literally the literal state of Veeky Forums

I actually agree with this retard

>read mother night, slaughterhouse-five and currently reading cat’s cradle and a man without a country
>not a fan of vonnegut, but these threads come up way too often and i feel obliged to read the books
>S5’s "so it goes" is brilliant, but i’m not fond of vonnegut’s prosaic abilities.. The story is too dull.

ive just realised that’s not how you greentext

This is now an anime thread

Vonnegut is trash get the FUCK off my board