Keto

I am going Keto tomorrow. Anyone have any good recipes? Is this a good diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/avocados
badges.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/hass-avocado
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a good diet if you like getting kidney stones and spending time on reddit

I'd recommend eating a bullet.

Be prepared to feel like dogshit for a week straight user.
And everyone recommending fucking weird baked goods that's 50% almond flour.
Not worth it.

I find it's a good diet. Just hard to hit your macro ratios sometimes. Don't be dissuaded by the meme stance Veeky Forums has taken on keto.

>taking on a meme stance to a meme diet

What did he mean by this?

Diabetic here, don't do it. it's designed for us, and it's pure shit. Just cut down your carbs to 1-2 bread items a day and you'll be fine. Cutting out carbs entirely will have ill effects on a body so used to them. My mom went on a keto diet several years ago and kept it up for 4 months solid. She decided to have a sandwich one night and the next morning she was running a 608 BS and in urgent care. Don't do it.

10/10

There aren't actually blood sugar spikes when stopping keto. They just return to normal. Granted, if you're diabetic, that might happen.

meme diet for memers

>if it's popular it's bad
Must be tiring being a hipster.

it's great just don't go full keto cold turkey. Start limiting the amount of carbs gradually, starting with no more pastry shit. Then after a week start limiting your toast/bread/potato intake. Feel like making a sandwich? Use a small loaf instead of a bun, eventually cut that loaf down to half. Continue as you feel comfortable, you should see weight loss as soon as week 3.

Why would Keto give you kidney stones?

small loaf = small slice of a loaf of bread

This is a good idea if you feel like you can't give things up easily. Weight loss can actually happen within days of starting though, in the form of water weight. After that, it'll slow down a lot and you'll see slight drops every so often. Don't expect instant results.

Not him, but it's not uncommon if you aren't careful. Just get your electrolytes and you'll avoid 98% of the negative effects of keto.

Why even bother with keto? Just stick with half a sandwich of 1/4th cup of pasta in a salad if you want to lose weight. Cutting it out entirely is pointless if you just limit it and keep it limited.

>already talking about his diet before he even does it

Ketoniggers are worse than vegans

Because grains and carbs from grains are fucking terrible for you

>going Keto
bad move.

Because keto forces your body into ketosis, and helps burn fat even faster than it would just eating with a calorie deficit.

For ketosis, you need to eat no more than 20 net carbs. You also need to keep protein at a moderate level to avoid gluconeogenisis, which kicks your body out of ketosis. For me, that's the hardest part of keto. I find it easier to get protein than fat.

Except they aren't. Over-abundance of grains is. A sandwich a day isnt going to make you fat when controlled and proper wheat bread is used. Not to mention Semolina's Glycemic index is among the best out there.

>and helps burn fat even faster than it would just eating with a calorie deficit.
And what exactly is the rush again? Are you 300 pounds and have to somehow regain your honor and image? You're literally putting your body through undue stress and pain just to shave a few pounds faster? You're going to pay for that later in life when your body starts quiting on you out of abuse. Just enjoy yourself and take your time man.

Sounds like it would be terrible for someone who lives an active life, who need carbs for high intensity training/activity and protein for recovery.

Pass.

Fun fact: Toothpaste may have carbs. Or it may not. I dunno. Just some random shit that I thought of right now.

why not supplement with protein shake?

Wrong

> he doesn't wanna be lean as possible
Not everyone enjoys being a fat fuck. I've never felt better since doing keto. I'm about 7 months in. Mg energy is better, skin is better.

First week is hard but I'm totally used to it and I've been able to make gains at the gym.

i did keto and p90x at the same time. yes, there were times i felt tired, but it got me fit.

also
>eating toothpaste
ishiggydiggy

Nothing wrong about it. You're just ignorant and probably got roped into the ketosis meme out of desperation. Might as well tried weight watchers.

>If you're not lean you're fat
Go away Veeky Forums nobody cares.about you meatheads

Why do you assume there's suffering? People on keto eat tremendously well when done right. It's the people who do it wrong who you see piling cheese on top of cheese on top of bacon and smearing butter on it for every meal.

Keto isn't for long term anyways. Regardless, doctors recommend it and there are countless success stories on it, so it can't be too bad. Granted, health issues could arise later on as a result of the strain you're putting on your body.

I personally just used keto to get to a weight where working out wasn't going to literally give me a heart attack.

>Granted, health issues could arise later on as a result of the strain you're putting on your body.

There is no granted. It's going to happen. The body will not take that kind of starvation and abuse lightly. Whether its now or 20 years, you're going to destroy yourself on keto. Doctors recommend it because its trendy, and has positive results NOW. Give it ten years and watch all the patients sue doctors for ruining their lives, and everybody blaming keto for their health issues in 2030

>starvation
Please research keto before assuming shit. You aren't starving yourself at all. Also, it's been around since the 1920's. Started off for epilepsy, gained traction for weight loss.

Try telling someone that the path to better health starts with eliminating your intake of fruits and vegetables with a straight face.

>eliminating vegetables
You can still have most vegetables on keto, dipshit.

>20 net carbs

Literally one apple. Yet you guys have no problem with cooking your food in butter. What a fucking meme diet.

>is my meme diet a good diet ?

Fact : no diet is a good diet.

My girlfriend went full keto and I’ve been eating the same since I do all the cooking. It hasn’t been hard for me to adhere to, but I was already cutting back on carbs in general. I feel fine and I’ve been losing weight. I’ve found good substitutes for most of what I usually cook.

I tried this when I started keto 2 years ago. If anything I just had carb cravings all the time until I went all in. I would just start with buying some low carb wraps and shirataki noodles and using them to replace carbs when you're starting out and have massive cravings.

The energy boost you get from keto is insane, especially if you're the type of person who feels lethargic all the time. I wasn't overweight when I started keto, I just wanted to shave off 15 pounds and become a little leaner. 4 months into keto I realized I didn't feel tired 24/7 anymore. I also started pooping regularly for the first time ever--before that I used to poop once a week. Eventually ended up dropping 30 lbs with no exercise.

This, don't fall for all the weird fake-carb recipes its always;
A) Disgusting
B) Specific and expensive ingredients
C) Just makes you miss carby shit all the more
Its much better to just get used to not eating carbs, and eventually you will enjoy the filling sensation from fat and protein over carbs. Those cookbooks by Maria Emmerick are pretty tasty and varied dishes as long as you ignore the desserts. Full-fat coconut milk has changed my fucking life.

Nothing wrong if you enjoy joint and gut inflammation. The exhausting feeling of digesting carbs and wanting to nap. Yea I'll pass. Keep pretending carbs and bread are good tho.

> keto is bad because it's trendy from many people realizing it's the superior way to eat and I'm angry I don't have the will power to stop eating tendies and French fries all day
Literally every fat fuck sperg itt bitching about dieting and health

>keto is good because the internet says so even though there's zero proof it's good for you

There are droves of doctors who have dedicated their lives to studying nutritional science you dense fuck. I think they would know over your dumbass

Keto is probably going in the right direction, grains and fruits are good, but nobody needs any processed flour. Hamburger bun, tendies breading, meatloaf insert, burrito wrap, white or even wheat bread, it's all just savory flavored simple sugars. ditto rice and deep fried potato. There's definitely a happy medium, but 90% of the carbs you eat in a day are just very slightly longer chains of glucose than white sugar. Carbs have their place, but when you remove them from your diet you can adjust to a lifestyle where your carbs carry actual nutritional value along with them, not in bread or breading.

I'm not going keto because if I don't eat carbs in the morning, it takes until the afternoon for my energy to come to me and I am already finished with classes. So I will keep my drugs of choice, caffeine and sugar, thank you very much.

OP might want to try google instead of Veeky Forums.

Do you even know how kidney stones are created? Retard.

>designed for diabetics
bullshit, it was designed for epileptics. diabetics get xenomorph acid blood when they do keto because their digestion process is fubar.

look into Filipino food user

what about home-made breads?

lmao

Keto seems to work for a lot of people but it made me tired as fuck, like i literally could not make it through the day without nodding off. And I really didn't notice a difference in weight loss on keto vs regular CICO. I lost 4 lbs of water weight on the first week and stalled for the next 6 weeks.

Bullshit user. I could eat a pound of bacon on keto but not a pound of broccoli. Missing my veggies is part of the reason why I gave it up.

This may be true but diabetics have a diet similar to keto. Mind you, it is similar in the fact that is low carb. I personally eat under 60 net carbs a day and have for years. And to that piss baby that's bitching about eating an apple on keto. Suck a fucking dick. Moderation is better than dieting. To OP, if you want to loose weight do it slowly. Change your habits and "food in reach". Be safe and good luck.

On it for 1.5months so far, works for me I guess.

Lost 8-9 kilo so far. Not feeling as hungry.

What the fuck are you talking about. The keto diet is literally fats, veggies, and meat

Yeah, you can't eat a pound of broccoli. But you can have two or three cups like a normal, functioning adult who can control themselves around food.

You need to include /deenz/ into your diet, my niggrar.

This. Just be careful about your protein intake if you do. I include a can during lunch.

Ever since I went into keto-acidosis i've been eating a lot less food in general. My portions have gone from a large saucer of 3 meats/grains/dairy + 8oz cup of drink, To A small salad saucer of 1-2 meat/veggies/grains + 4oz cup of drink

Yet, I fel far more satisfied and fiilled with that little portion, over the big ones I used to make, which never made me feel full. Its a weird feeling, but I like it. Means i sped less a month in groceries too. My ingreident budget went from $180 to $100 just for the month alone.

>keto-acidosis
Ketosis and ketoacidosis are not the same thing.

I never said they were. I just said I recently got out from it. It is however a reason I will not do keto. because that state fucking sucked and 0 carb means 0 crunching for my insulin, which is outright deadly for me.

>2 or 3 cups

Which weighs approximately one pound you fucking dolt.

>8 cups to a lb
What did he mean by this?

Yeah but way more fat than veggies which I was not cool with. Having to ration normal amounts of vegetables was ridiculous to me.

You are literally retarded. Cups=volume. Pound=weight.

>cups = metric of sound
>pound = metric of weight
What DID he mean by this..???

Keto has been popular on Veeky Forums for a very very long time. Maybe it proves how new you are here.

If you have diabetes type 1, you probably shouldn't yeah. Although you can do a mild version of it at like 50-60 net carbs instead of 20. Seems to me that's what you're doing.

I actually came to that by measuring three cups of broccoli and weighing it. Doesn't come to 1lb. Three cups comes to around 17.4 g carbs. I'd say that's about as much as you should get on a standard keto diet. Though people have gone up to 25-30, so you could probably do two more cups and be fine.

Well i'm being treated as type 1 but I haven't recieved my A1C results yet, so we don't know for sure. Weirdly enough though, is i've been getting lower every morning, I was 61 this morning after my Lantus, which leads me to believe my body may very well be producing minimal amounts at the very least.

If this diet works it sounds perfect for me because I dont really like bread and so forth anyhow. What is the most red pilled website or guide to it? Also it seems like alcohol is the biggest problem with this. I drink at least twice a week and it will kill my social life if I dont. Is booze a big no no with this?

You can actually drink a ton of things. Beer, liqueurs, and I think some wines are not okay on keto. Depending on the brand, Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Whiskey, Rum, Scotch, Brandy, and Cognac are all totally fine.

how does eating a pound of broccoli mean you can't control yourself around food

>how does eating a ton of food mean you can't control yourself around food

I like to roast a big pan of broccoli & carrots for dinner sometimes, so what

I just ate a cup of spinach and have plenty of carbs to spare. You're deluded.

I was reading up on this diet. Seems interesting. However I’m the type to eat whatever the fuck i want so I’ll stick to simply limiting carbs.

At least do intermittent fasting if you're gonna do that.

you know a cup of spinach is literally not even a whole serving of veggies and you're supposed to have 5 servings a day?

If you buy white all-purpose flour from the store, it's the same as what they use in sliced, bagged breads. Even the 'wheat' variety will have the bran and germ removed, be stripped of a lot of the oils, and be enriched with vitamins to make it just a brown-flavored white flour, with a little more protein IIRC. Even ultra seedy bread will have nutritive grains in a glorified cake. Think of cereals as steak cubes, and bread as meatloaf... with much less meat.

Plenty of carbs meaning I could have five more if I really want.

>supposed to
Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that fatty. Multivitamins exist, and you get all the fiber you need on keto.

It's an okay diet, but it's far easier to just go Mediterranean/pescetarian
Keto is really for weight-lifters and epileptics, just like gluten free is for celiacs

Exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm eating low carb and while I dont believe that I'm in ketosis its alright.

I can eat something fatty/protein heavy early in the morning and I wont get mega hunger cravings by the time my work is over like with higher carb stuff.

>eat more vegetables
>"shut up fatty"

yeah you're not a complete fucking retard or anything

Unless you're a vegan, or eating soley vegetables for several meals, you don't need five fucking servings to be healthy.

You're right, eating nothing but fatty meat drowned in butter and eggs fried in bacon grease is the way to go.

You're doing keto way wrong if you think that's what the diet entails.

>5% vegetables is an acceptable diet

This is your brain on keto. Eating avocado & chicken with some kale thrown in every day is acceptable but if you think the average ketoer eats like that then you're fucking stupid.

>ITT: Alcoholics and smokers chastise the health habits of other people

>5% of kcal is the same of 5% of the amount of food
Yeah m8, 1kg of butter has as much kcal in it as 1kg of cabbage.

I never said the average ketoer eats like that. I said they're doing it wrong if they aren't. Keto isn't about eating bacon and spoonfuls of butter. It's high fat, moderate protein, and low carb. 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs. How you get those is up to you, but there is still a wrong way and a right way to do it. Common sense dictates that you don't shovel butter onto your pan with eight strips of bacon and call it a meal. It has to be balanced. You need some semblance of balance.

Not sure if that's right. Fat has 9 calories per gram. Carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram.

>tfw been trying to do keto, but don't know how to incorporate vegetables without crashing into carbs.

I want to eat onion, avocado, and spinach, but I feel so lost as to how much I can actually consume. I don't want to keep eating just eggs, turkey, and cheese.

I'm pointing out his retarded reasoning.
On top of that most green veggies arent heavy on carbs in the first place AND they're filled with fiber which reduces the amount of carbs further.

You can fill up your plate with green shit really hard when you're on keto.

get a food scale. know how many carbs are in 100g, 500g and 1kg.

newfag

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that.

Carbs on keto means net carbs. So carbs minus dietary fiber. Also minus certain sugar substitutes, like erythritol.

Try MyFitnessPal and scan before you buy. It's helped my a lot, even when off keto. For chopped spinach, 1 cup is 2 net carbs. A small Hass avocado (200g, with skin and pit) has 1 net carb. One large onion is 11 net carbs, so probably avoid those.

whats so bad about carbs

Nothing inherently. Sugars and such are bad, of course. But carbs are completely fine. It's just that on keto, the goal is to enter ketosis. For that, you need to have a low carb diet.

They make some people crave more

I can measure and/or weigh my foods. The thing that's frustrating is allocating enough of the vegetables I want to eat without consuming too many carbs. It's not like all the eggs, cheese, and meats don't have some carbohydrates too, which further restricts how many vegetables I can eat without capping out on carbs. There's a guacamole dip in my fridge that is in the process of going bad, and I don't know if I can eat it without chumming up in carbs. I prefer whole avocados to dip too, and that can have a lot of carbs as well:

fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/avocados

>17.5g of carbs in one whole avocado.

So that's 8.75g in a half portion of avocado, if I only eat one half. Maybe I can try to fit it in to the diet, but foods like that make it difficult. I really like crunchy peanut butter, but that's not really an option on keto either, it seems.

I don't see how an avocado has that little amount of carbohydrates in it. Everything else I'm seeing shows them as having multiple times that much, even for small portions.

In regards to MFP, I just downloaded after years of disregarding it, and the UI is really clunky. I've been able to remember perfectly everything I eat for years, but I just need something decent to look up nutritional data with.

badges.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/hass-avocado

So many entries for the same thing. It's going to make me blow my brains out looking for all of my foods like this.