The virgin chicken breast

>the virgin chicken breast
>the chicken thigh chad

Thighs are where it's at

thighs are cheaper and tastier
I don’t see the upside of breasts

Thanks to all the nutjob healthfags I can get chicken thighs for dirt cheap. They can have their overpriced, dry and flavorless breasts.

Aussie here. Thigh is always one dollar more compared to breast no matter where I fucking go. It's ridiculous.

Literally the only positive thing about Veeky Forumstards.

but chicken strips for fajitas come out nicer from breast

Yeah truly, chicken breasts are insanily overpriced here, thighs can be bought for 1/5 or sometimes even less. Tastier, more food per coin and if you don't want the fat, simply remove the skin. Literally no downside.

buying chicken parts is braindead
whole chicken master race

For whatever reason whole chickens here are fucking expensive.

$15 for 2 breasts, 2 thighs, and bones

This. The only situation where I prefer breast is frying for like a cutlet sandwich or tenders. Everything else uses those tender, juicy thighs.

A whole chicken is usually 99 cents a lb here, while thighs, my favorite part, are the same or even less.

I'd buy whole chicken if it was cheaper and cost effective
by what I mean is, a chicken only has so much meat/cuts, like 30% of the weight is going to be bone
I'd rather buy 20 thighs for 10 dollars than 2 whole chickens for 8 because at the very least I'm getting all the cuts that I want at a fair price
I don't even make my own stock because I rarely use it, so I'd have gallons of stock for no reason

Never understood why breast is so expensive in comparison to thighs. Do people think they're a special cut like beef or something?

if anything, the thighs are virgin for being a better cut but less valued

factory chicken is too gross for me so i pay an arm and a leg whenever i buy one anyway

>this is what virgins think about themselves
sad

Dark meat gets a bad reputation for being unhealthy so there's less demand for it. Apparently slightly higher calorie and fat contents scares people.

dude chicken breasts are really cheap as well
chicken is cheap period, and that's a good thing

>dude chicken breasts are really cheap as well
Nowhere near as cheap as thighs, sometimes costing 3 times as much.

when both are cut well, the thigh only has two bones to contend with, and a high yield of meat. the breast has half a rib cage and bland dry meat.

breast meat is for bitches that can't eat anything with a stronger flavor than milktoast, and those riddled with self-loathing.

>pack of boneless chicken thighs are also skinless
for what fucking purpose?

>deriving sense of elitism over supermarket purchases
I unironically wish you were all dead.

If you're going to bake it you might as well buy it bone-in anyway.

i hate you cheap meat eating faggots
have some god damn standards

>Chicken thigh schnitzel
What even is this abomination?

>Chicken breast schnitzel
The best form of chicken meat.

That's not even a whole chicken.

I slice my breasts thin and then put them in the dehydrator for a few days.

your throwing away parts that can be used to make some bomb ass broth my man

>Grew up eating legs/thighs to the point where i got sick of them
Sometimes, breasts are pretty okay.

god, i fucking wish whole chickens are 99 cents a pound here. they are $2.49 per pound at my grocery store. what the actual fuck

do i really need 100 gallons of brother? i don't use broth that much, nor do i have room to store it

looks like you haven't eaten the bomb ass kind of broth user, im drooling more than a comatose just thinking about it

What are some things you like to make with thighs?

the sugar industry sure managed to scare the american public well

babies

Honestly, learning to cook chicken breasts to keep it juicier, I vastly prefer it to Thighs. I had a thighs kick for 2 years, but honestly, if they aren't deboned, they're so full of liquid, it's a little sickening to me

>so full of liquid
you're buying the wrong chicken

I like thighs, this is my favorite thing to do with them:

make a dry rub consisting of
3 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ground mustard
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp black pepper
(adjust accordingly for quantity of chicken thighs)

Coat chicken thighs in dry rub and let sit for a few hours

Throw in a kettle grill arranged as pic related and smoke using hickory or mesquite woodchips and let cook until thermometer reaches temperature of 165 F.

Breasts are far, far better for protein and health. Which really sucks since thighs have a much more superior flavour and texture, and are way cheaper too. I fucking hate trying to stay fit.

How do you cook your breasts

yea but breasts are unironically better for tendies so yea...

I just don't dry them out. I made Chicken Parm by frying the cutlets and since the outside was mostly done, but the inside werent quite ready > Oven at 350 for 12minutes finished the job.

Pound em out a bit so it cooks more evenly.

Thighs are better for gaining mass even with less protein because the fat helps you make more test and leads to more muscle gain

>brown sugar
dropped
not everything needs to be amerifat tier confectionery user

My winco doesn't sell thighs at night when I like to go shopping when it's empty, so I had to start shopping during the day. Now I have to deal with bums and reformed drug addicts asking for handouts in the parking lot.

what kind of weird ass mutated chickens you got there bud

>The most accessible, and yet still delicious. The chicken drum stick.

>The only time it's close to thigh is when it's covered in bread and deep fried
And even then, thighs are better.

The only men who like bone is faggots

It's only flavorless if you buy chickens that have been wading in their own shit for 90% of their life and fed a poor, cheap diet.

Admittedly, chickens raised humanely cost like double the price.

> not indulging in full rotisserie chicken from costco or Sam's club for $6 bucks

>bland dry meat.
You don't know how to season things properly or cook chicken properly

High temperature low cooking time nigga