Pynchon is a litmus test for pseuds. If you like Pynchon, you're a pseud. Deep down, you know this...

Pynchon is a litmus test for pseuds. If you like Pynchon, you're a pseud. Deep down, you know this. When will this board be done worshipping his fraudulence?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcl.dukejournals.org/content/62/1/1.full.pdf
maxweberstudies.org/kcfinder/upload/files/MWSJournal/1.2pdfs/1.2 161-177.pdf
amerlit.com/novels/ANALYSIS Pynchon, Thomas The Crying of Lot 49 (1966) analysis by chapter.pdf
diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:904582/FULLTEXT01.pdf
dalspace.library.dal.ca:8080/bitstream/handle/10222/61674/dalrev_vol87_iss2_pp167_188.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who's Pynchon? Never heard of him.

I don't understand why Veeky Forums gets so triggered by Pynch

Veeky Forums has no sense of humour, and thus doesn't appreciate all of his goofs and gags

I just made this thread because I love reading arguments about Pynchon.

But I'd imagine it's because he's difficult to read and most people only pretend to understand what he's going for, when in reality they're unable, 100% of the time, to articulate what they like about him other than "good prose bro"

I'm always on this board BEGGING for one logical, coherent point made in favor of taking Pynchon seriously.

Proud posting pooty proosty doodilydoo
-Cuntboy 6000

Great character, some of the best dialogues you will find, plots are just as good and detailed as the prose which carries it, legit and noticeble love for research, knowledge and connecting the knots between all aspects of reality, reuniting the humanities and the hard science which have broke apart because the level of development in both, playful narrative structure
At least thats what I like about him, and yes, his prose is great, bro

Pynchon is just a representation of something unattainable for me, not status and recognition, those are irrelevant, but a broad view, a perspective, not necessarily fresh, but a perspective nevertheless. I recently finished GR, and I didn't come away with enough to say I enjoy Pynchon overall. I did come away fairly entertained, with new thoughts that come daily in retrospect upon his references, though nothing permanent besides a general appreciation for paranoia and its positive aspects.
In the end, his lack of apparent cohesiveness really restricts me, of course, I associate that with limitations of my own comprehension. I am glad he does not spend too much time catering to my type of person, and that there are those that can truly reap the reward of delving into his work again and again. I look forward to reading more work by him. Definitely Son & Xon.

He conveys the beauty of calculus better than any textbook ever will.

Yeah fucking right

at least he's not as awful as DFW I will say that for him at least.

At least DFW tried to say something

lmao

>Facebook comment tier acronymns

Off you go

>he says while defending facebook, the author
after you my good sir

Doesn't make sense. Sounds funny though. Feel free to provide a single valid justification for calling him "Facebook the author."

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him either. It just annoys me that youre speaking without having any clue whatsoever.

ou got so caught up in your semi ironic dick measuring that you completely missed the point of the moment we almost just had together.

And if you ask me there is something terribly sad and banal about that...

And but so I think your problem is you Capital L Lack the capital B Brains to continue this discourse.

The irony of this post with a Twin Peaks image. Really sublime, well memed

Except that Twin Peaks is a towering work of genius, and Pynchon is a wannabe-beat epic written by a guy who simply owned an encyclopedia.

GR* not pynchon, tho basically synonymous.

Not irony

This reads like a Rick & Morty review.

THe Rick and Morty crowd and the Pynchon crowd are one in the same. Deep down, we know this

CAN'T LYNCH THE PYNCH

posting a Twin Peaks image is an even bigger pseud test and you failed meaning you are a pseud

Its alright if you failed to comprehend the genius of twin peaks. Try again when you're older.

3/10

You aren't fooling anyone

The true essence of the baitthread finally emerges.

O rly? Why didn't you like it?

Kek

I can respect Easerhead but Lynch hasn't done anything creative since. The new twin peaks was a disaster of dumb meaningless symbolism and more filler than an 8ball you buy from the pecan skinned man on the corner of fifth and main. The things he is trying to achieve have been done already much better

I didn't bother with a new season, but I thought one and two were brilliant. The characters were well-written, Cooper especially. The story was solid, all points tying up cleanly and concisely. The acting was phenomenal mostly, except for James and Maddie.

Damn fine show.

>genius of twin peaks
>literally a show about people eating pastry

>pastries are mentioned in four episodes

Real close watchin' there user

Diane, it's 7:50 a.m. I had a dream in which an user tried to be funny. I did not answer him for fear I would burst into flames. When I awoke, it occurred to me that the air conditioner unit had fallen out of the window.

I like twin peaks but the acting is hot fucking garbage.

nice

Posting a post calling someone a pseud is an even bigger pseud test and you failed meaning you are a pseud, pseud

It was the early 90s so I let it slide, man

Every Lynch movie has crappy acting

I am at least genuine in being a pseud

>being a humorless dullard

Pynchon is a mischievous God

retard

>not being funny

sorry, non-American here, I completely adore Pynchon, I have rarely read American literature, because of stupid ignorant Yankee stereotype, and Pynchon was a breakthrough for me, but I have the question: what/who is a pseud?

Why do you adore pynchon? As this post demonstrates, nobody is able to explain why they like him beyond "prose" or vague statements about hurr durr military-industrial complex.

Maybe a nonamerican will be able to climb this apparently insurmountable mountain.

Dude plenty of people can explain why they love Pynch. Google a fucking essay about it, the mans a brilliant writer. Denying these obvious facts makes you seem like a close minded pseud.

10/10

>obvious facts
If that were that obvious....

>I don't get it so everyone else must be lying

Get what? Therein lies my criticism. There's nothing substantial or concrete one can point to, nothing to "get," it's all arbitrary, though his prose is fine

I don't even know what an answer to you would look like. I mean, just read the books.

tcl.dukejournals.org/content/62/1/1.full.pdf
maxweberstudies.org/kcfinder/upload/files/MWSJournal/1.2pdfs/1.2 161-177.pdf
amerlit.com/novels/ANALYSIS Pynchon, Thomas The Crying of Lot 49 (1966) analysis by chapter.pdf
diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:904582/FULLTEXT01.pdf
dalspace.library.dal.ca:8080/bitstream/handle/10222/61674/dalrev_vol87_iss2_pp167_188.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Yukyukyuk

I know you’re just the OP baiting but either way you look like a retard saying this, straight up. Go back to /v/ bud.

Yet another acolyte without a shred of support for the Grand Master Pynch.

Pynchon readers
>Hooray I read big book I smart now hooray

Are you joking? Pynchon has a lot to say about shifts in American culture from the sixties onward.

"I can't understand it / all I see is a big thick book, therefore everyone must be full of shit" syndrome.

>triggered this hard

The po-mo whiz boy, the absolute trickster, there he goes again, cackling...

>all I see is a big thick book
I read that as
>all I see is thick black cock
I need a doctor

I remember being a younger and having this opinion too. Boy was I misguided.

well memed

Bump

>All the negative comments are by pseuds who couldn’t finish the book

Pynched again! XD

>>I finished a big book! Is good because is big! I smart!

Tank

no

did that Pynch?

>I have the right to talk shit about something I didn't even finish! I tried and failed, that's good enough!

Bill Murray here. To clarify . . . my buddy Ruggles's (I had a Damn Fine Cup of Black Coffee with him this morning, believe you me) work is most certainly read by "pseuds," but not written for them. He writes for none but himself, he's always saying "writing is synthesis," etc.

Furthermore–no hard feelings, boys–Ruggles scholars more often than not obfuscate rather obvious points (all but Slade, I like Slade, he perfected M&MIV).

He doesn't read about his own work, except when he does, because sometimes he gets bored and is, after all, Human.

i don't get it

holy fuck.

It can't be

this is NotPynchon aha

DFW FREAKED because of u fag
just die already

Pynchon sounds like he was heavily influenced by Frank Zappa or is just his long lost brother.

this image is true horror, because he has financial success, clearly, since he can support himself and his habits comfortably and on-brand—but his life is still miserable

it's worth mentioning that he also never did the Kenosha Kid

(You) never did the Kenosha Kid

hi daddy when's the next book out? you mad you duidn't win the Nobel?

I did never did the Kenosha Kid

You? Never did! The Kenosha Kid

>He doesn't read about his own work

He shouldn't, because most critics missed the fucking boat on Against the Day

You — never. Did the Kenosha Kid?

If you write for yourself, than why did you publish your writing? For the money?

Father? Is that you??

it's not true horror once you realize it's not all about financial success, but it's also not true bliss. It's alright.

Comfiest tome of all time

Part of the ego trip of writing for yourself is getting to see your books published

Yes it is buckaroo. I guarantee it!

Screencapped this. Gonna sell it for a lot of money one day.

If this really is you, thanks for all the wonderful rides. Love your work. You books changed my life. Not Vineland, though.

have u studied husserl, perchance?

The goofs and gags are pretty good