When told by a critic Ulysses was trivial, Joyce responded that at least it wasnt quadrivial

>when told by a critic Ulysses was trivial, Joyce responded that at least it wasnt quadrivial

OHOHOHO

any other zingers from the author of the greatest novel of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qH1VOy7HKRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one time joyce smonked a weed needle

Wardine be cry

>when told by a critic having a fart fetish was repugnant, Joyce responded that at least it wasnt toopugnant

Came here to post this.

BAZINGABababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

>"Nora?"
>knock knock knock
>"Nora?"
>knock knock knock
>"Nora?"
>Nora opens door
>"What is it, James?"
>"BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPbababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk"

i get it

Would Joyce like anime?

kek

How would Ulysses read as a Big Bang Theory episode?
Penny = Molly
Leonard = Leopold
Sheldon = Stephen
Howard = Buck
Rajesh = Punch Costello?

He wouldn't watch that crap

Would he watch Rick and Morty?

I don't think he would be capable to comprehend a single episode of Rick and Morty, its humour is very subtle, someone who has only average-high IQ can't comprehend, even I admit not comprehending some jokes at first- watch every new episode at least two times berore moving on to the next. All in all,rick and morty is not some "quadrivial" shit like Joyce would appreciate and find funny.

>Penny = Molly
>Sheldon = Stephen
fucking kek

He actually said that it was also quadrivial. Stop lying on the internet.

>Throughout the 1930s he travelled frequently to Switzerland for eye surgeries and for treatments for his daughter Lucia, who, according to the Joyces, suffered from schizophrenia. Lucia was analysed by Carl Jung at the time, who after reading Ulysses is said to have concluded that her father had schizophrenia

>when told by a critic her writing was dreadful, Rowling responded that at least it wasnt A Voyage to Arcturus

>when told by a critic Ulysses was characterized by the three lower liberal arts, Joyce responded that at least it wasnt the upper four
yeah that's quite the zinger joyce really nailed em on that one

He also tried to get his good pal Beckett to marry his daughter, to which Beckett responded that he could not, because he was not human.

Kafkaesque

No other boards have humor like this

>obtuse memes within memes

When will this type of shitposting be recognized as the new literary movement?

jej

>after reading Ulysses is said to have concluded that her father had schizophrenia
The difference between a professional psychologist and an everyday person is that Jung could tell Joyce was schizophrenic by reading Ulysses, while I could deduce it by reading Finnegans Wake

'When a fan approached him and asked, "May I kiss the hand that wrote Ulysses?" Joyce said, "No, it did lots of other things too."'

>Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

I'M THE SCATMAN

>dude le epin memes it's like art xD
Fuck off, faggot.

it is already an art form whether you accept it or not , fag

please explain!

>implying t, not tri, stands for 3

Joyce has a fart fetish and that seemingly unpronounceable word is one of several he used in Finnigans Wake to represent thunder

>quadvial
the -ri is a necessity for both quad and tri

The bing bong theory

lmao

>Scene: Leopold’s bedroom.

Molly: Leopold, you’re… you’re giggling in your sleep.
>Leopold: It’s not me, but the phone's ringing. You're imagining anything else.
Molly: Well, it creeps me out.
Leopold: I'd like to hear you giggle in sleep, Moll.
Molly: Just answer the phone.
Leopold: Hello. Yeah, I’m Leopold Bloom. Yeah, yeah, he’s my roommate. Oh, God, is he okay? Yeah, alright, alright, I’ll be right there.
Molly: What happened?
Leopold: Stephen's drunk and is terrorizing the village.
Molly: Okay. Have fun.

Scene: Nighttown

Leopold: Hi, I’m Leo Bloom. Where is he?
Bella: Piano room.
Leopold: Thanks for not calling the coppers.
Bella: Oh, hey, it’s no big deal. My sister’s got a kid who’s special.
Leopold: Yeah, well, he’s extra special. Hey, Steph. What are you doing?
Stephen: Aesthetic ratio was all wrong. Couldn’t visualize it. Needed hallucinations of rotten mothers.
Leopold: Sure, sure. How did you get into this place?
Stephen: Sweet Kitty brought me through back door, I admit I also entered hers. Child’s play. You can start sorting chords while I write down songs.
Leopold: No, I don’t think so. We need to go home now.
Stephen: But I’m still working.
Leopold: If you don’t come out of here, I’m going to have to drag you out.
Stephen: You can try, but you’ll never catch me. (He disappears under the red velvet covers, Kitty squeals)
Leopold: For God’s sakes. Stephen, come here!
Stephen (popping his head up): Peloothered. (Disappears, pops up from the other side) Obstropolos. (And again) Scribbledehobble. (And again) Whenceness. (And again) Mrkgnao.

sauce

>on Veeky Forums
>not for the maymay
Either very new or very stupid.

‘What did you do in the Great War, Mr. Joyce?’

‘I wrote Ulysses. What did you do?’

/tv/

You mean Bloom's Arcturus fanfic

>not human.
did he literally say this?

VERY nice, but was hoping that it would be the other way, characters of bing bang theory with the prose of Joyce

quality post

oh shit nigger what are you doing
youtube.com/watch?v=qH1VOy7HKRs

that sort of thing was impressive back when people died from not wiping their shit

so sad that he felt he needed to wear a hat to hide the afro

You never did the Kenosha Kid

>helpful aim of sharpening his pen

isn't this the plot of an episode of maron

Joker does this in Suicide Squad, basically. He needed to imagine Monster T (a black guy) stealing Harley Quinn away from him in order to get angry enough to kill him.

>Reedy, thin, neurotic
>needed glasses
>lapsed Catholic, never stopped struggling with his feelings towards religion
>smarter than everyone he met, and knew it
>head lodged deep inside his own ass
>dreamed of being cuckolded
>had a fetish for farts and scat

Forget DFW and Pynchon, Joyce is the true /ourguy/ of Western literature.

No one has ever put this to doubt, cuck