Why is Marxism so appealing to college/university students?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

You still didn't answer my post user

5mileys
5mileys

Marxism
idealistic

Bidwell
Bidwell

Marxism as a political philosophy is heavily idealistic. The Marxist-Leninist concept of the Vanguard Party is no different from Plato's philosopher king.

Inmate
Inmate

Ideology
Marxism
wat

idontknow
idontknow

wtf I hate books now based as hell

likme
likme

frogposter
retarded

hairygrape
hairygrape

Lenin didn't invent Marxism. Lenin invent Marxist-Leninism. You're discribing his shit not Marx you idiot hahaha!

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

gonna throw away my books and go out in the streets now thanks OP

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Because universities allow freedom of speech and are less oppressive than "the real world" of wage slavery.

Emberburn
Emberburn

TL;DR the guy whose family dreads him at Thanksgiving read the wikipedia summary of Karl Popper so he can own libs on Twitter

Emberfire
Emberfire

because he is a retarded santa claus looking slav piece of shit revolutionary

RavySnake
RavySnake

No I've read Popper Selections and the Logic of Scientific discovery. Good eye though.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

it's over, literature is FINISHED

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I think it would be worth amending it to "why is Marxism more appealing to college/university students than to other people?". I agree that it's a huge stretch to pretend it appeals to the majority of them, but I'd gamble that per-capita there are more college enrolled Marxists than highschool-dropout trailer park Marxists, etc.

Honestly I think it isn't the case that people who go to college tend to come out as marxists, but that that people who tend towards Marxism usually to want to go to college. Noone says "I'm a Marxist and I've decided I want to be a McDonalds wageslave"; doing so would suggest you didn't actually sympathize with Marx.

How is the burden of proof on him? It's on OP if anyone here. Don't post "here's my opinion prove me wrong you literally can't" threads.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Whatever floats your boat.
ML is a variation of original marxist thought and one of the mainstream versions of it.
And still, Marxism itself is heavily idealistic and ideological.
Anyways, Stirner>Marx

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit