A 5guys just opened up in my city, and I've never been to one. What should I order?

A 5guys just opened up in my city, and I've never been to one. What should I order?

a burger and fries

order them around like the piece of shit hospitality staff they are. fuck you for being such a dickhead also.

Tell them you have a crisp new $100 bill and want them to give you the 5 guys experience, and then enjoy your burger and small fries

five slops of shit

Order a little cheeseburger and dont overdo the toppings. You want to establish a baseline. Split medium fries with someone else. Add a small drink and this will still cost $11.

If you order what you think is a reasonable meal of regular cheeseburger with small fries and a large drink you will spend nearly $15 but it will be a lot of food.

Thank you user. More people need to stand up to OP and their idiocy. If we didn't try to keep OP in their place, this board would be covered with frogposts and "find a flaw: pro-tip you can't" threads.

little cheeseburger w/ lettuce, mayo, pickles, tomato, and grilled onions. holds together well, and it tastes pretty good.

t. ex 5 guys employee

bacon cheeseburger
lettuce
pickles
ketchup
mustard

or
2 hotdogs (trust me, they're actually bredy gud)
both with grilled onions, mustard, relish

Eindhoven?

Little cheeseburger with whatever toppings you like and small fries

Nothing. 5 Guys is overrated and overpriced crap.

Little bacon cheeseburger with mayo, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions and jalapenos. I like the jalapenos, they are sliced thin and give the burger a hint of spicy.

this

5 guys sucks, they hand you this greasy poorly put together mess that looks and tastes like garbage. The plebs on Veeky Forums love it for some reason. Shake Shack is way better.

Drive past it and go to Whataburger instead.

Go in and fill a grocery bag full of peanuts and leave.

>overpriced
Can't be worse value for money than other fast food chains?

A quart of Pepto Bismol.

Not true. I mean... Five Guys is tasty but not twice as tasty as say... Cook Out.
At Cook Out you can get a double cheeseburger with two sides and a drink for under $6. Ill take my young daughter when we need fast and cheap...get a tray with fries and nuggets. I get the burger she gets the nuggets we split the fries and drink and both leave satisfied for $5.91

Nothing wrong with Five Guys but they are specifically marketed towards affluent white people who want to slum it for a meal without getting too um... "authentic". No one wants their dining experience tainted by dirty little brown people chewing with their mouths open.

So maybe youre right... but it depends on what you value.

You gots to get some Cajun fries and ask for a side of mayo. Dip fries in mayo.

at least that's about twice as good as shake shack prices

>no grilled onions
>no mushrooms
>no mayo
>no hotsauce
>no tomato
>ketchup
>mustard

Well said. Five Guys targets a demographic that is less price sensitive than that of most fast food chains. Which means their prices are higher compared to other places slinging burgers and fries. They try to make up for this by having the standard burger be a double cheeseburger with unlimited toppings and the standard order of fries be huge. So you do get a lot of food. But at the end of the day you have to ask yourself whether dropping $10-$15 for what amounts to a fast food experience is something you want to do. As someone who doesn't really dig fast food all that much to begin with the idea of premium fast food holds zero appeal. But I can see Five Guys being a destination for someone who wants a burger and fries but thinks they're too good to eat at a cheaper chain. And that kind of class consciousness is a thing. There are definitely people out there who would be looked down on my their peers if they ate at McDonald's. So for them eating at Five Guys instead is not pretentious. But Shake Shack is still a better option if you want a fast food burger and the illusion you're not eating fast food.

>t. shake shack shill

It is literally a worse value than any other fast food chain. A meal is around $15 whereas a meal consisting of a normal burger and fries is $7 most other places.

Nope. Like I said I don't really like fast food. I go out for a burger maybe once or twice a year, and haven't eaten at McDonald's in over a decade. But I've tried both Five Guys and Shake Shack. Nothing about Five Guys warranted a return visit. Yeah, the burger was big and you get a lot of fries, but it's all pretty mediocre. Shake Shack was a better burger, and you can dispense with the fries entirely because they suck. So if I wanted a burger I'd opt for Shake Shack over Five Guys. Not because Shake Shack is all that great, but because Five Guys was just so unimpressive overall.

Five Guys is overpriced to the point where it's almost comedic. For the same price as a burger, fries and shake, you can get a drink and entree at a higher end sit down restaurant.

Then drive past that and go to wahlburger instead

It's not for price sensitive customers.

get fries, add a ton of vinegar to them.

>ketchup
>any hotdog eaten past age 10

Hot dog, plain, ice instead of bun

I wish you were the first post, because this is the best post by far.

>If you order what you think is a reasonable meal of regular cheeseburger with small fries and a large drink you will spend nearly $15 but it will be a lot of food.

People actually justify paying 15 dollars for a single meal that tastes mediocre.

This.

You can get the same meal for half that at a Wayback Burger and at least they have variety and don't fuck up your simple order every time you go there. Five Guys is for hipsters at this point who can't stop masturbating over how orgasmic they think their 8 dollar bacon cheeseburger tastes because they never had home cooking or went to a cookout. It tastes exactly the same. What also gets me is apparently the faggots have all their "rave reviews" from papers that are totally legit and not fake. Apparently a lot of em come from NY. I was raised in NY and I never heard about Five Guys 'till it was already a meme.

If they actually hired people that knew how to cook, then maybe you could justify the prices a little bit, but if they're the same quality employees I'd find at a McChimpouts then I'll just eat there instead. I don't care if it's for people who aren't price sensitive. You wouldn't pay for a bag of shit, You shouldn't pay for a burger that tastes like it.

Double bacon cheeseburger with jalapeƱo, mushrooms and mayo
large cajun fries
large soda.

I will admit the best burgers I have ever had were from 5 guys... It is expensive but I don't think the food cost is lower than 20% which is pretty normal. It's better than any other fast food burger for sure.

Go once for the experience of being ripped off 15$ for a mediocre burger and peanut soaked fries and then go to a local burger joint which can serve you much better not well done burgers

A fucking burger

>I'd find at a McChimpouts then I'll just eat there instead. I don't care if it's for people who aren't price sensitive. You wouldn't pay for a bag of shit, You shouldn't pay for a burger that tastes like it.
People do, though. Think about a place like the 21 Club. It's staggeringly expensive, yet the food is mediocre. Why would anyone eat there? The clientele. It's where the ultra rich eat in the company of their own kind. The middle class has come to look down on fastfood as poor people food. A lot of middle class people aren't comfortable eating next to poor people. Makes sense, since most folks prefer to be around members of their own social class. This opened the door for fast casual places like Five Guys. The price has nothing to do with the quality of the food. It's a barrier to keep the poor out. Because no one who is a price sensitive customer is going to pay $15 for a meal they could get for just over $5 at a fast food chain. But the allure for those who can easily afford to spend more is that they can enjoy their meal without having to be in the company of people who can't. You're not paying for better food at Five Guys, you're paying to eat it with a slightly better class of people. And that shit matters to some.

grab all the peanuts you can carry then leave

>I will admit the best burgers I have ever had were from 5 guys
If peanut oil and salt are the basis of a well-seasoned burger patty for you then I'd understand that.
If we're only talking fast food then maybe I'd agree. Although I'd place Shake Shack on the same level of restaurant as Five Guys but SS has them beat for sure, burger wise. Plus they serve beer at SS.

i've never been to shake shack but 5 guys doesn't season the patty with anything (i worked there)

Makes sense, the free toppings mitigate the flavorless patty experience to an extent at least. I do fucking love the fries at Five Guys, they're what I look for when I want greasy excessive comfort food.
Shake Shack is decent if there's one near you. I think it's like a dollar more expensive for everything but from what I can understand it's the closest thing on the East Coast to an In-N-Out.

a burger with whatever you want and fries. small fries are enough for multiple people alone. shakes are really good if you feel like being incapacitated/in a food coma for the rest of the day.

be prepared to pay at least $8 for a soggy fucking burger

based

The only thing I've enjoyed from five guys is the fact that you can get a shit ton of french fries for nothing. The burgers are just alright and there a bit pricey for what they are. I'd go their more if they sold milkshakes.

>their

Yup. Time for me to go to bed.

>paying 15 for a mediocre meal.
>financially responsble people willing to pay for food my poor ass cant afford.
Yes. I do it gladly. I pay an extra 50% more than the typical price for the same meal so i dont have to eat around mexicans and niggers.