Why are boneless chicken breasts so popular to the point of being vastly more expensive than any other cut of chicken...

why are boneless chicken breasts so popular to the point of being vastly more expensive than any other cut of chicken? is this just an american thing or is it the same thing in other countries

dude shut the fuck up, don't tell the normies that the other cuts are better and cost less

It's not the popularity that makes them cost more, it's the fact that they fill the chickens with water.
It makes them weigh more and helps them move around without bones, kinda like hydraulics.

Because they're popular and take more time to butcher.

only some (from poverty stores) have brine injected

Because retarded Veeky Forums fags.

B O N E L E S S

Because if you're building one of the few dishes that need a wooden board as a foundational ingredient, you'll pay more because you need it for what you're making, and if you're stupid enough to think of chicken breast as anything other than the animal kingdom's answer to wood, you deserve to have to pay more for being an idiot.

ITT: I don't know how to cook meat and thighs are the only thing I can get to come out tasting good
Get a load of this pretentious coastie, I bet you don't even say "craft beer" or "specialty cheese" to refer to food products that aren't bottom of the barrel garbage

They're more expensive because it requires more effort to remove the chicken from the bone and process it, moron

Americans are afraid of dietary fat and pay a premium for bland lean meat

>he doesn't know how to cook chicken breasts

>is it the same thing in other countries
Yep.E.g.in Russia its like $1.8/kg for whole chicken while $3.6/kg for breasts, other parts inbetween

>cuts of chicken with skin left is cheaper than skinless chicken

Jokes on them I love crispy skin

Why is anime so gay?

No one said you can't make breasts taste acceptable, you fucking retard.

>damage control

>the animal kingdom's answer to wood
t. flyover nopassport

I feel sorry for people who have never eaten breast meat at Ah Tai chicken at Maxwell hawker centre

French trim breasts

Lean, very quick to prepare for stir fry, teriyaki, chicken tacos, etc. I prefer thighs for the flavor, but even boneless, skinless thighs have a decent amount of fat to trim and are harder to cut into relatively uniform pieces.

If the price of chicken breast vs other cuts of chicken is too much for you, you really should be reevaluating your life instead of starting US flame war threads on Veeky Forums.

Big if true.

Clean food myth. Food woo is at an all-time high in the states right now. Morons are paying $9/pound for boneless skinless non-GMO organic crap while I'm taking good ol' drummies and thighs at $1/pound with all the delicious bones and skin.

it adds up if you cook for other people/partners a lot