A-at least i tried

I'm a fucking failure as a cook, I cant even make a french omelette, a fucking omelette. I had dreams of becoming such a great chef, and this is where it ends.

Too much heat mate

that was middle heat, and I even used lots of butter

French omelettes are hard to do, doesn't mean you're a failure. Just keep practicing. Look up Julia child's method

>hard to do
Nah, you just quickly make scrambled eggs, then wait a bit to make omelette surface and fold. Folding actually the most hard part to train

Start on a lower heat and add more butter on the pan. Lower the heat even more once the egg begins to cook through

>omelettes aren't hard to to
>except for the part where you make it an omelette

k

No

Your pan looks like a piece of shit desu. Go and get a nice 12" non-stick skillet. Start on low heat and adjust as you go at first until you can rely on intuition more. Make sure the butter goes up the sides too. Watch Jacques Pepin videos if you havn't

Have you heard of how the egg keeps cooking even when out of the pan?
Take it out while it's still glossy and squishy, not bouncy. You might need to do a couple attempts.

You need a proper non-stick pan, and probably more butter. Also, you overcooked it; the French like their omelettes practically runny.

Omelettes take practice. Take the excellent advice already posted in this thread and make some more omelettes. And pay attention to what you're doing so you'll know what to change next time.
Even the ugly ones are tasty so you waste nothing by practicing.

Ya, too much heat.

>throwing away your dreams for one omelette

C'mon OP, cooking is about learning from your failures as much as your success. Take the advice here and try again

Stop whining and practice.

>folding is hard
how about fowrding one mirrion times?

all right guys, im going to give another go. The hardest part is the fact that the egg sticks to the pan, so ill try and do what the asians do and sneak some oil under the mass as soon as it starts to form a sheet. only using a fork
I CAN DO IT

g-getting closer than before

Iv used up quite a few eggs now, 12 to be precise, cheap ones though.

I think the trick is seasoning the pan with lots of veg oil, and also waiting for the bottom to really solidify.

you sea the brown eggs on the right? was the result of to high heat, even the butter browned BUT, the eggs did not stick at all. so letting the bottom lay denature properly is important i think.

Failure is the mother of success, user. Keep trying even if it turns out shit

Being a chef is a really stupid and nonsensical career anyways op you’ll be much happier if you let go of that dream rn.

here is also the pan, i reckon if i waited longer before folding, the pan would be clean.
its like with meat, its much easier to turn once a side is brown, once that mailard reaction takes place and stuff. like yo yo yo nevermind.

but then again, i dont want the eggs to brown at all on a french omolette. so maybe the truest trick of all is just to get a quality pan that doesnt fucking STICK REEEEEEEEE

FUCK YOU. i will be the best CHEF EVER

what the fuck are those numbers on the egg? are you counting every egg you eat?

you dont count the eggs you eat? they have lots of cholesterol and more than 3 a day can really clog your arteries and lead to a stroke, due to artery blocking and such. at least in theory, it really depends on age too. im not sure if this is true, but it would explain the numbers.

>too much heat

wrong

french omelettes are cooked in high heat

but then it would brown