Am I a pleb for not eating the thick slab of fat on pork belly?

Am I a pleb for not eating the thick slab of fat on pork belly?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29413492
nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Indubitably so.

No, you're obviously meant to throw 2/3 of it away.

Childhood is trimming the fat off of meat
Adulthood is realizing that's the best part

isnt fat unhealthy?

Nope.

Some fats are extremely unhealthy.

Yep. But Veeky Forumsers pretend it's not 'cause muh keto fad diet said so.

which ones are ok and which ones are bad?

you need animal fat for building your hormones to transfer information over your body, for example. The problem fat accumulates garbage, so don't eat the cheapest shit grown with (extra) enhancers antibiotics and so on

if you don't eat fats you will literally die
but everything in moderation of course, it is the most calorie dense macronutrient by weight

it's a problem of quantity
you need fat in diet, but not as much as ck suggests

Why eat pork belly if you don't want to eat a slab of fat?

i've never had pork belly aside from bacon, does the fat get not slimy and greasy and rubbery somehow? i'm not against some fat on a steak and such but the idea of chowing down on a huge hunk of it like in pork belly sounds weird but i don't want to be a pussy if it's good

Cooked well, and it usually is in pork belly, the fat just melts in your mouth. Even if it doesn't, pork fat tends to be really _really_ soft.

avocado fats and fish oil contain the good fats that keep your arteries open. The bad fats are the ones that over time, make plaque like walls that surround the tubes in your arteries and lead to slower traffic of blood flow and can cause many health problems, I think they are trans fats but I dont remember exactly what it was. Thanks High School Health class

fish oil has been proven to be a meme tho

no way, link me sources

>meme
Retard.

>fish oil has been proven to be a meme tho
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29413492

Depends on whether you're a landwhale who needs to reduce calorie intake or a based keto dieter who is trying to get his macros for the day.

its not a complete meme, but the bulk of the positives only apply to eskimos becaue of a gene variant they have that other people dont.

>i've never had pork belly aside from bacon
Do you trim your bacon? If you look at OP picture, you'd really only eat one of those pieces, so it isn't as much fat as you might think (it is still a good amount though).

A lot of people dislike the texture of pure fat, myself included.

The trick is having a bit of fat with a bit of meat, not each separately

The only fats conclusively proven to be unhealthy for all people are trans fats. They are in hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. They are mostly used in processed junk food and baked goods because they are solid at room temperature and extend shelf life. They taste shitty (no flavor) and are cheap. Because of the randomness of the fatty acid chains, the human body does not process them correctly like any natural (non-chemically processed) fats. They literally cause heart disease.

>A lot of people dislike the texture of pure fat, myself included.

This. A little fat is ok. Eating pure fat is not tasty at all...

Yes. You're wasting your money. Poor money management is very plebeian. Feed it to your dog or buy a leaner cut of pork.

Yeap, KYS now

Once rendered, pork belly is like gelatin, much softer than the fat on any high quality steak even.

amen

>tfw used to cut the fat off bacon slices

No. Millennials love fat and think eating as much fat as possible will make you skinny. All fat is healthy. If you even touch a carb, however, you will reach Jabba the Hutt proportions.

Bad fats are transfats (artifically made) and omega-6 polyunsaturated fats found in some vegetable oils. Good fats are saturated fats found in meat, butter and olive oil and omega-3 found in fish.

Gen X here. Carbs don't always turn you into Jabba the Hutt, but they can still give you heart attacks if you go nuts. Natural fats ARE healthy. Ancel Keys was a huge faggot. John Yudkin was a prophet.

>Natural fats ARE healthy. Ancel Keys was a huge faggot. John Yudkin was a prophet.

New York Times

> How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat

The sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to play down the link between sugar and heart disease and promote saturated fat as the culprit instead, newly released historical documents show.

The internal sugar industry documents, recently discovered by a researcher at the University of California, San Francisco, and published Monday in JAMA Internal Medicine, suggest that five decades of research into the role of nutrition and heart disease, including many of today’s dietary recommendations, may have been largely shaped by the sugar industry.

“They were able to derail the discussion about sugar for decades,” said Stanton Glantz, a professor of medicine at U.C.S.F. and an author of the JAMA Internal Medicine paper.

nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html

>The sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to play down the link between sugar and heart disease and promote saturated fat as the culprit instead, newly released historical documents show.

The documents show that a trade group called the Sugar Research Foundation, known today as the Sugar Association, paid three Harvard scientists the equivalent of about $50,000 in today’s dollars to publish a 1967 review of research on sugar, fat and heart disease. The studies used in the review were handpicked by the sugar group, and the article, which was published in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine, minimized the link between sugar and heart health and cast aspersions on the role of saturated fat.

> How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat

Last year, an article in The New York Times revealed that Coca-Cola, the world’s largest producer of sugary beverages, had provided millions of dollars in funding to researchers who sought to play down the link between sugary drinks and obesity. In June, The Associated Press reported that candy makers were funding studies that claimed that children who eat candy tend to weigh less than those who do not.

>“They were able to derail the discussion about sugar for decades,” said Stanton Glantz, a professor of medicine at U.C.S.F. and an author of the JAMA Internal Medicine paper.

“It was a very smart thing the sugar industry did, because review papers, especially if you get them published in a very prominent journal, tend to shape the overall scientific discussion,” he said.

Dr. Hegsted used his research to influence the government’s dietary recommendations, which emphasized saturated fat as a driver of heart disease while largely characterizing sugar as empty calories linked to tooth decay. Today, the saturated fat warnings remain a cornerstone of the government’s dietary guidelines, though in recent years the American Heart Association, the World Health Organization and other health authorities have also begun to warn that too much added sugar may increase cardiovascular disease risk.

Not eating the fat, no. But you'd be a pleb if you don't scrape the fat off, and eat the delicious skin.

This helps to explain why malnourished vegans who eat tons of empty calories in the form of sugars and simple carbohydrates have such a wide range of health problems.

All the vegans I know snack on junk carbs & sugar constantly because their bodies are so starved for nutrition all the time.

> all these neck beard fat fuck non fit out of shape pizza, macaroni, tendi eating fat asses on Veeky Forums pretending they know dick about dieting and health

Absolutely lmao. Let me just shove endless breads into my face cause the food pyramid said it's good. Only reason you guys think keto and paleo diet is bad is cause it requires dedication and hard work. Something you faggots will never understand. You're just projecting your short comings on those who are better than you so you make unsubstantiated claims about diet and post zero (0) sources. Le Reddit diet XD kys

>it's about added sugar
>still go on about carbs
No one will ever respect your retarded diet

>Only reason you guys think keto and paleo diet is bad is cause it requires dedication and hard work.
Sure thing Grog, frying or grilling a chunk of meat is a lot more difficult than making bread.

If you eat too much of it. Then again you can also kill yourself by eating a cup of salt.

Fat was natural part of our diet all the way until modern age. It's really fulfilling (makes you not want to eat and therefore lose weight) and it has lot's of good fats that your body needs for making material, for example testosteronen

T. Medschool

Imagine going on a special diet and thinking you're doing hard work

It requires lots of meal prepping and planning since most meals involve carbs. It's easy to just open up some junk food and snack.

> missing the point completely
Typical brainlet fat ass. All that lard in your brain from carbs is fucking your cognitive function. Please kys

>why malnourished vegans
Not only vegans but people who in general avoid fat like it's a religion.

Can you source your claims?

>you'd really only eat one of those pieces
I'd eat that whole plate