Today, everyone in Sweden eats at least one of these

Today, everyone in Sweden eats at least one of these.

Do your country have some traditional thing to eat on Mardi gras/shrove Tuesday/whatever you call this day before the lent.

crepes in france

>everyone in Sweden eats at least one of these

Speak 4 urself tjockis

In America, everyone eats cheeseburgers every day

Bobandy is a secret American

Paczki here in Chicago. I work right next to a bakery and the line is out the door. Easily can be up to an hour's wait.

That many polish in Chicago, or did everyone pick up the tradition?

Brit here. It's pancake day so I'm eating pancakes.

The real kind, not the American breakfast kind.

why is easter on April 1st this year. Was Jesus a joke all along

>fick en till lunch
>fick en av chefen
>kommer få en av flickvännen
Fyfan, mitt toabesök kommer vara katastrof

we eat those in Finland too.

>my flour, eggs, butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, and milk is better than your flour, eggs, butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, and milk

I'm glad we could come to an agreement.

Swede here. I havnt had one and wont unless mum offers.

I live in south Louisiana, so yeah

Dammit no that's not what I meant I've been had!

There only place in the world with more poles than chicago is warsaw

Different user, but the latter. You can get them at Wal Mart and when I was a kid one of my classmates always missed Fat Tuesday to help work his family’s bakery

My sister and her husband moved to NO last year, so they're having a really good time with their first mardi gras

Chicago has loads of polish people. It's the third most spoken language after Spanish.

>one of my classmates always missed Fat Tuesday to help work his family’s bakery
As it fucking should be!

Son, Louisiana wrote the book on Mardi Gras.

This is how we forged an empire.

Same swede here with an update. I got semlor

Is that just a creme puff?

Those are Americans of Polish descent.

I’m surprised this isn’t deemed racist and you all have to eat clay cookies to make your Muslims feel more welcome.

m8, this is pretty much the only outlet for nationalism we have left here in Sweden.

Pastry and sports.

>3.5 million muslims in US
>600,000 in Sweden
I'm glad McDicks will be offering mudcake happy meals ;)

>muslims are 1% of us
>muslims are 5% of sweden
Don't try to bullshit me m8

Lent? Isn't that a muslim tradition?

Catholic

>>muslims are 5% of sweden

Swede here. Its funny our country denounced and hated racism until we actually had immigrants move in and we see first hand what they do. Now the right wing nationalist party is gaining popularity as we learn more and more about who the "refugees" really are.

What? I was raised catholic but never did lent. Or maybe my translation is wrong.

That seems impossible to me, unless you were raised in an exceedingly lax household. Lent is one of the most notable times in the Catholic calendar.

All sheltered, ignorant people believe racism is wrong in theory, until they actually experience life with the immigrants. Then they all turn "racist" real quick.

Berliner/Krapfen/Kreppel

One of them will be filled with mustard

in the deep south(louisiana, mississppi, alabama, ect.) we usually eat king cake and drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol

>lax household
Definitely. We never went to church either. I only know the bible through catholic school but never from home.

Lent is the name for the time leading up to Easter. Lent is the most important time in Catholicism. It is the 40 day period (excluding Sundays) that starts on Ash Wednesday and proceeds until Good Friday. It is the ritual preparation for Easter.
The other main time in Catholicism is Advent which is the lead-up to Christmas.

I'm not even sure I would call myself raised catholic in your situation. You've missed out on pretty much all of the shared cultural experiences

This

I live in the Pacific Northwest, a very liberal, anti-racist culture, and these people don't know shit. There's very few black people here, the highest minority in the region are Asian and they don't do shit but make noodles.

I grew up in South East Michigan in a shitty area, and I learned pretty damn quick to be wary of blacks as they have a nonexistent value system and can be quite dangerous.

>han tål inte vispad grädde
Abdullah...

Here in Cincinnati it's Fish
Fish everything.
Everyplace has Fish.
Cod, Halibut, Mackerel, and more, and all of it fried.

Then everyone has a Bavarian Creme Horn dessert.

I was raised Methodist, and even we did Lent. You're a bad Catholic if you didn't observe Lent and Ash Wednesday.

>went to my parents
>had some sjömansbiff and a semla with zoegas skånerost
>solved a cross word puzzle with them afterwards

good fettisdag to be honest. have a nice lent buddies

Not going to lie, looks pretty good for Swiss food.

Was that today? It has been years since I had one

wait.... for the creme

Dirty Rice, Etoufee, and Kings Cake. All you need for Fat Tuesday, unless you want to throw in some Commander's Palace style Hennican, some debris po'boys or peacemakers, or some red beans and rice.

this, mainly consumed in the north
they are called chiacchere

>popeyes doing nothing for mardi gras
this is bullshit, that's the closest thing i've got around here to a cajun restaurant

graffe are tipical of the napoli's region

Make it yourself! Most cajun and creole food isn't hard, you just need the right ingredients and time to make it. Creole is more nuanced than Cajun, though.

Metro Detroit here. The bakeries have had lines all day! God I love paczki.

"testa di turco" (turk's head) are sicilian

tortelli from lombardy

fried sweet ravioli from sardinia

I don't consider myself catholic anymore since I do not believe in god. I haven't prayed in 15 years or celebrated catholic holidays in his name. I only still believe in the morals and ethics.

these are called girandole but i don't the origin

i hit up dutch girl on 7 and woodward, donut bar (one of my favorites) in lathrup village on 12 and southfield. those were the only ones i manage to get any from, by the time i got downtown, everybody was sold out.

maschere (masks), popular but i don't know the origin

redford?

This is such an obviously good idea I'm surprised I've never seen it before

neapolitan migliaccio

neapolitan/abbruzzi's struffoli
they have a fuckton of honey

>can't differeniate between god and religion
Sorry you grew up Catholic, user, but it's affecting too much of your life.

Yes because mine has cream of tartar in it. Pikelet masterrace

>PNW
best place to live imo, i recently moved from portland, way out into the sticks in washington. went from being surrounded by folk of other color to barely even seeing another white person. its pretty nice

>Sorry you grew up Catholic, user, but it's affecting too much of your life.

All religions are shit tier social control devices.

Except Muslims. Noting they do is wrong and you're a racist if you dare criticize them.

> Heil Allah!!!!

yeah, this making sweet version of normal things for carnival is common here
this is farrata of manfredonia, a sweet panzerotto

No, ALL religions are money grubbing population control devices. You're so brainwashed, I feel sorry for you.

American Catholics are after all, American. If you asked them to stop filling their mouths for a single day, let alone 40, they would spit you in your face and become atheists.

Jews are the only ones who differentiate between god and religion. Christians just suffer.

>All religions are shit tier social control devices.
>Except Muslims. Noting they do is wrong and you're a racist if you dare criticize them.

Yeah... I don't get the liberal hypocrisy of condemning and hating Christians while turning right around and excusing and praising Muslims for the exact same bullshit.

This thread got bad, fast.

Who would have thought that there was a name for the day before Valentines Day?

?

Yeah we eat the same in Finland, not the biggest fan. Just a dry bun with lodse cream and jam.

Mardi Gras isn't the day before Valentine's it's the day before Lent. It just so happens that this year the first day of Lent is Valentine's Day

It's almond paste in the Swedish version and not jam though

varsågod Pekka

>Christians suffer
Lol, my sides.....

Take off your goddamned tin foil hat, Cleetus.

>kings cake

I'm starting to see these in Texas now, don't really remember them being a thing before.

>and jam

Pulla is a Finnish invention, Sven. You only figured out a way to make it worse by filling it.
Bet you put almond paste on them instead of jam, as well.

Yes, jam. Like it's meant to be eaten. If you eat it any other way, you're doing it wrong and you deserve to be shot.

Frig off Ricky

buns with cummies

Almond paste is better though.
t. finn

They're poles, Muhammad. I'm sorry it undermines your la 56% meme.

I didn't expect this kind of bantz on Veeky Forums

u made my morning