Just finished reading this, it was great. Did he actually do all the killings...

Just finished reading this, it was great. Did he actually do all the killings? I came to the conclusion that he killed everyone except for Paul Allen.

word of god says he's just fucking crazy.
the whole point is that bateman is just a chickenshit beta and that's why everybody talks shit about him behind his back. His "murders" are a result of him having being an "alpha male" fantasies.

He's a smug ass rich white boy physically incapable of coming to terms with the fact that he's completely insignificant.

He didn't kill anyone, though he probably beat those prostitutes.

>Paul Allen
confirmed for not having read the books.

>Paul Allen

>Paul Allen

>paul allen

Did you really enjoy the prose? It's just so damn repetitive and meticulous, and not in a good way. I see what he's trying to do, but come on.

I skimmed only 1 chapter, that fucking unending tirade on Huey Lewis and the News.
The rest was tolerable and the overall effect very...effective.

>word of god says he's just fucking crazy.
Source? There's no way Ellis would just quash the ambiguity like that, it takes a lot from the story.

I prefer to believe Bateman really did it. It's so much more an indictment of modern society that way, that not only does he get away with it, he's forced to do so, no-one is capable of recognizing the truth. Bateman 'confesses and it means nothing'.

>Paul Allen

>Paul Allen

Not OP if that's what you're insinuating, just wanted to actually contribute to the thread.

Ellis isn't good

No but this book is, he struck gold. All his other works like Less Than Zero aren't worth reading though.

>Paul Allen

>Jared Leto

my dad literally just finished reading this today and it was the exact same copy. Are you my dad? Does my dad browse Veeky Forums?

Gee, your dad has a different idea of a bedtime story

I thought the point was that wall street is so shallow and superficial that if one of these privileged rich guys went on nightly murder sprees no one would notice

I could see a jealous person thinking this, but not the point of the book.
He also killed all of those people.

worst thing that's ever been transferred from mind to print.

that's the question is the MC crazy or is the world? 3deep5me

wallstreet was simply a lifestyle the author experienced so he wrote about it, if I recall the serial killer aspect was just a random happening.

most of the behavior of the character he based on his father.

no, that would be The Final Testament by James Frey