Grab the nearest Nietzsche book you have, open a random page, and type out a random aphorism

Grab the nearest Nietzsche book you have, open a random page, and type out a random aphorism.

>Every society has the tendency to reduce its opponents to caricatures—at least in imagination—and, as it were, to starve them. Such a caricature is, e.g., our "criminal." Within the aristocratic Roman order of values, the Jew was reduced to a caricature. Among artists, the "philistine and bourgeois" become caricatures; among the pious, the godless; among aristocrats, the man of the people. Among immoralists it is the moralist: Plato, for example, becomes a caricature in my hands.

rolled a few times because i didn't want to copy/paste a fucking boring wall of text that nobody would read
>272. Signs of nobility: never to think of lowering our duties to the rank of duties for everybody; to be unwilling to renounce or to share our responsibilities; to count our prerogatives, and the exercise of them, among our DUTIES.

i haven't even read this one desu, enjoy

another random one just because i wanted to share this pic
>215. As in the stellar firmament there are sometimes two suns which determine the path of one planet, and in certain cases suns of different colours shine around a single planet, now with red light, now with green, and then simultaneously illumine and flood it with motley colours: so we modern men, owing to the complicated mechanism of our "firmament," are determined by DIFFERENT moralities; our actions shine alternately in different colours, and are seldom unequivocal—and there are often cases, also, in which our actions are MOTLEY-COLOURED.

>and there are often cases, also, in which our actions are MOTLEY-COLOURED.
i hope the original sounded less retarded

>the strong man, mighty in the instincts of a powerful health, digests his deeds in just the same way as he digests his meals; he can cope even with heavy food: in the main, however, he is led by a faultless and severe instinct into doing nothing that disagrees with him, just as he eats nothing he does not enjoy.

> Physiologists should think twice before positioning the drive for self preservation
as the cardinal drive of an organic being. Above all, a living
thing wants to discharge its strength – life itself is will to power –: selfpreservation
is only one of the indirect and most frequent consequences of
this. – In short, here as elsewhere, watch out for superfluous teleological
principles! – such as the drive for preservation (which we owe to Spinoza’s
inconsistency –). This is demanded by method, which must essentially
be the economy of principles

>The "ego"—which is not one with the central government of our nature!—is, indeed, only a conceptual synthesis—thus there are no actions prompted by "egoism."

Kept rolling because there's endless interesting aphorisms I don't even remember reading. You can just flip to a random page and be guaranteed to have your mind blown.

>I understand by "freedom of spirit" something quite definite: being a hundred times superior to philosophers and other disciples of "truth" in severity towards oneself, in cleanliness and courage, in the unconditional will to say No where it is dangerous to say No—I treat previous philosophers as contemptible libertines hiding in the cloak of the woman "truth."

>They despised the body: they left it out of the account: more, they treated it as an enemy. It was their delusion to believe that one could carry a "beautiful soul" about in a cadaverous abortion— To make this conceivable to others they needed to present the concept "beautiful soul" in a different way, to revalue the natural value, until at last a pale, sickly, idiotically fanatical creature was thought to be perfection, "angelic," transfiguration, higher man.

>A man as he ought to be: that sounds to us as insipid as "a tree as it ought to be."

>Principal error of psychologists: they regard the indistinct idea as a lower kind of idea than the distinct: but that which removes itself from our consciousness and for that reason becomes obscure can on that account be perfectly clear in itself. Becoming obscure is a matter of perspective of consciousness.

>The "real world," however one has hitherto conceived it—it has always been the apparent world once again.

>Hatred for mediocrity is unworthy of a philosopher: it is almost a question mark against his "right to philosophy." Precisely because he is an exception he has to take the rule under his protection, he has to keep the mediocre in good heart.

>Sexuality, the lust to rule, pleasure in appearance and deception, great and joyful gratitude for life and its typical states—these are of the essence of the pagan cults and have a good conscience on their side.— Unnaturalness (already in Greek antiquity) fights against the pagan, as morality, as dialectic.

>Everyone being allowed to learn to read, ruins in the long run not only writing but also thinking. Once spirit was God, then it became man, and now it even becomes the rabble.

>Among Veeky Forumsizens, it is the /pol/ack.

Truly prophetic.

>I like anime

Mine is in german, no one would understand

>implying the majority of nietzsche fags on Veeky Forums dont speak german

Do it anyway

Il y a dans le mensonge une innocence qui est un signe de bonne foi

noice

Great man. - From the fact that somebody is a "big man" We cannot infer that he is a man; perhaps he is merely a boy, or a chameleon of all the ages of life, or a bewitched little female.

-The Gay Science, Book Three, 208.

How best to reference or quote someone in order to undermine their ideas?

*Good memory.* Many a man fails to become a thinker for the sole reason that his memory is too good.

Sensual pleasure: a sweet poison only to the withered, but to the lion-willed the great restorative and reverently preserved wine of wines

for you

"Whoever thinks much is unsuitable as a party-man. His thinking will lead him too quickly beyond the party."

A low tier special snowflake will identify with this
A mid tier plateued former smartass will scoff at this
A high tier intellectual will agree with this

A low tier pseudo-intellectual posts things like this and believes himself to be the high tier intellectual.