Best all-around grocery store around you, and region/state
i've lived in 3 different places so I'll start with a few
midwest is definitely hy-vee

southeast

>Has American Spirit Blacks
>Has toilet paper
>Has easy mac
>Has slurpies
It's literally everything you could ever want.

new hampshire/massachusetts

wisconsin is definitely woodman's

In Like south fort worth Texas usa

I like krogers cause I can get decent quality steaks for $5 a lb

Can any southern anons confirm/dispel my impressions of this place? I never went in when I lived in SC because it always gave off the vibe of being the local shitheap that niggers go to to buy potato chips and liquor but somebody told me this place is actually good. Are they crazy?

kroger is god tier cheap restaurant, they used to be a lot lower quality when I was a kid so I had a bad impression of them but I went back to one recently and they had some pretty good shit
produce wasn't good though, i'll always default to meijer for that

>restaurant
i'm retarded

Meijer in Michigan

No it's a shitheap

We have we have around 10 grocery stores to choose from and I'd say they have the best produce in our area. But, not the best, I can get better produce in fort worth. It'll also cost probably twice as much tho

Aldi
region:
>pic related
i can get my groceries for the week for $30-$40...and that includes a meat like chicken, steak, or pork

german aldi is top tits but american aldi is close

We have one where I live in Texas, but, their produce goes bad too quickly and their meat cost if higher compared to some other places. They have cheaper eggs and milk but they limit you how many you can buy. They close early at like 9:30 so I cant there shit faced and shop for groceries. Oh and they only have 1 person checking out ever so it takes me 15 minutes to check out when I usually get only 10 or so things and would rather use a self checkout.

Used to be. The facelifts and new layouts are weirdly lit and just generally creepy. Hate going there now.

Kroger is either fantastic or complete shit from one town to another.
I'm the same distance from two of them, one of which is fucking Kmart tier and the other is impeccably maintained and has every bell and whistle you could ask for.
Their store brand is legitimately better than name brands (frozen vegetables in particular) for some things, almost everything else is either same or comparable, and I've only bought one thing I thought was notably inferior (their spatzle-styled egg noodles).
And most importantly they have two fucking people per register so I don't have to bag my own groceries and it doesn't take 10 minutes per person each line.

I worry they think I'm a bad person since I buy all their conspicuously marked foodstamp-accepted buffalo wings five packs at a time since they're ~$3.00 for 10 wings, but I'll get over it.

do you by any chance live in bloomington-normal
this perfectly describes the two krogers here

Nah, they're all like that.

Sounds like our 2 krogers as well, but, I'm 5 hours north of you.

Maybe this is a corporate strategy of theirs? One store for nogs who don't care and one store for white folks who want decent shit?

I'm a simple man, and the cornbread here is shockingly good

I say Hy-vee too, but many faggots will say Fareway. Mostly because of their meat counter. Their produce is just ghastly.

Not like there are any better options.

>New layouts don't have the giant cheesewheel yellow food court poking out the front
>When they updated the old stores they repainted all the food courts blue
Absolutely Disgusting

just wait for hyvee to come save you lads, they've been expanding east out of iowa

Apparently it was actually pineapple themed
But fuck 'em anyway, ruining my nostalgia

They invented the checkout line so they’re kind of an institution

HEB wants to have a word with you. Central Market is even better, it’s like HEBs way better version of whole foods

This thread is fucking retarded

why bully

Corn belt - Hyvee by a mile

glory be to publix
Depends on the location, especially now that they are all independent. Mine is great for quick trips and weekend meal shopping.
Otherwise I go to Publix.

fookin right lad

Best fucking imports and prices on the planet.

P U B S U B S

U

B

S

U

B

S

hy-vee worker here

Came here to post this

>the Cub that opened in my hometown 19-20 years ago lasted 4 months
ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

fuck these regional chains
we shifting into maximum overlocal

All behold its glory

Pacific northwest

Winco. Freddies is good too but a distant second to the glory that is winco

Your shit tier regional chains are no match for Horrocks market in Lansing MI.

Massive walk through refrigerated section, not some little beer fridge.

They have cheese.

praise the pubsub
but it can't be the best all around, cause it's only got best deli and best bakery, everything else is way more $$ for the same products

Real coffee...

>but muh Walmart has Folgers hurr durr

i miss cub foods. the one in ames is now a 2nd walmart.

fareway masterrace

Central Market master race reporting in. There are two within ten miles of me in Dallas.

hy-vee is tits, their fresh departments are all really good

hy-vee is big saggy tits with tiny nipples
they always employ too many superfluous people which jacks up their prices, and their produce selection is anemic. i swear i went to one once and the fuckers had run out of both cilantro and green onions

Legit destroys every other market in this thread

Hy-Vee has the same kind of coffee setup

lol hipster fag

Nice. Reminds me of our hippie organic locally farmed food stores, but less atrociously priced.