Have you guys ever been extensively reading an author and then dreamed of him?

Have you guys ever been extensively reading an author and then dreamed of him?

I remember when I was going through a Bukowski phase I think I had just read Ham on Rye, and had been watching some of the interviews he gave and I dreamt of him. In the dream I was in a very small smoke covered bar with patrons quietly sitting around drinking, and at some point I decided to get up and leave. As I was about to open the door I heard some one say from behind "Trust me kid you don't want to go out there." I turned and saw Bukowski sitting in a chair much to my surprise. I opened the door unto a yawning black abyss and began falling into the void while at the same time I heard Bukoswki cackling madly in the background and then I heard him say "I tried to warn you" or something like that.

Needless to say I woke up scared shitless and sweating but then I had to laugh at how absurd the dream was. Any of you guys ever been reading an author and had a dream about them?

yes. DFW and DeLillo have both made appearances in my dreams.

I have a really hard time remembering dreams.

I'm heavily depressed and I lightly consider suicide ever other day.

I dreamed of DFW and I haven't even read anything by him it was all through Veeky Forums memes

I dream about Kierkegaard multiple times per week, but that might be because he's communicating with me from his alien hovership. I don't know.

Interesting. I think when you saturate your self with someones writing and you have an affinity for them it's natural to dream of them.
That sucks, I have always been a lucid dreamer. I do remember that when I smoked pot I could never remember my dreams though, but getting drunk will usually cause me to have very lucid and sometimes strange dreams. Also try sleeping in late in the morning you are guaranteed to have dreams, and write them down as soon as you wake up.

>then I heard him say "I tried to warn you"

I dreamed about Zizek once. It was in a college classroom and he was at the front of the class with the stack of exams on his desk. As I picked it up, Zizek angrily said "There's no way you're smart enough to take this test."

I've been scared of Zizek ever since.

He just didn't want you to get stabbed by those Filipinos ya noodle

Pynchon's been in my dreams a few times doing weird things.

kek
Where did he touch you?

>Have you guys ever been extensively reading an author
no

Same, but thank god i'm vaccinated with camus, thoreau and Dostoievski.

Ahh I forgot that most of you guys just read the wiki article and then talk about how terrible and stupid the author is.

First dream I had ever had with a writer was Borges, which is weird because I don't like his work. He was on the toilet with the door open and some Latin American style coup was going on in the streets outside. Guess it was as good a time as any to take a shit with the door open.

>"There's no way you're smart enough to take this test."

That seems out of character for Z, at least based on the persona he presents in his many videos. He seems pretty chill. I could never imagine him saying something like that.

Which I suppose would make it all the more disturbing.

unlike you, i didn't forget that Veeky Forums doesn't read, and assumed someone would fail to comprehend my post in precisely the manner you did. you see, i read, frequently, but i never get fixated on any one author.

i know youre a lefty because of the way your ilk feebly grasps at any opportunity for an epic clapback. reevaluate yourself.

>ever
But I lucid dream about my waifu every night

Zizek is as worthless as any Marxist.

I just read Mein Kampf. Not one dream. Fucking bullshit.

I've had multiple dreams of Charls from MDE . He's always saying weird shit, exactly what you'd expect based on his skits but I don't remember anything specific. I have a hard time with dream recall. I exercise a lot so I think I just sleep really deeply.

I keep it tight. Tech nine night.