R8 my st8k . .top sirloin

R8 my st8k . .top sirloin

Fucking perfect

no, the sear could be better

Yeah asides from the searing the doneness looks perfect

so just drop in the pan at a higher temp and leave longer? seared for on high heat in cast iron for ~1m each side.

what are you using for a camera, user? steak looks great, and a very nice picture too. I always try to post pics here of my food but it has some weird lighting and doesn't look as good in the pic as in real life.
>t. phone fag

make sure you pat the surface of the steak dry when you drop it in. moisture doesn't help your sear.

Thanks user, I was surprised with the picture quality myself. It's a Samsung S7 Camera.

5/10 for me personally. Nice medium rare but for me a great crust (not just a sear, but a crust like pic related) is equally as important. Nice attempt

>Nice medium rare
it's medium

just saw this thread on Veeky Forums

Too must crust, looks nasty, crunchy, and greasy. Is return it and demand a fresh one

now that's a good sear

Looked again. Still disagree. What temp would you say is pic related?

To each their own

Thanks

that is a tiny steak. what 3rd world country is this faggot?

I don't mind top sirloin, but holy shit why are you cutting such thick pieces? Slice it thinly against the grain and you won't be chewing it for hours.

It's America. And sometimes I but cheap and small steaks when I can't find a better deal.

And sometimes I buy a chuck roast for $12 and cook it like a steak. Fill the entire house with smoke and have to open the doors

It was 2.5 lbs of chuck roast and butter. Am I good or what Veeky Forums?

How long did you put it in the oven for? When I make steak like that I usually give it a crust then put it in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes

Wouldn't a chuck roast take longer in the oven?

presentation needs some work but it looks good

do u hodl LINK perchance?

Too much sear.

Should have propped it on its side to render the fat.

Sear could be better but the middle looks great, 7/10 good job.

Looks way better than most steaks that people make these threads about, 8/10.

Ok sear, great gradient of color.
8/10, there is better but be proud.

I actually did not put it in the oven at all. If I had more time I would have put it in the oven first and basically reverse seared it but it was like midnight and I had to get up early. It was still pretty good and I've brought a piece with me to work for lunch today. Looking forward to it.

I did do this some at the very end but should have done it for longer. Got impatient

you're welcome bruh

Looks great