Who is your favorite russian author?

who is your favorite russian author?

Platonov

dostoyevsky because i am an entry-level pleb, i guess bulgakov in 2nd place, have to get through tolstoi at some point but the reading pile is too big currently so not sure when ill get there

btw how readable is Dugin ignoring all the leftist conspiracy theory bullshit? heard he was influenced by Evola, but the cover of the book looks terribly shitty

what is a good starter to get into him?

same. almost finished with war and peace tbf. haven't read dugin

reading brothers karamazov right now and it's kino

Tolstoy then Dosty.

solzhenitsyn, although i am very very excited about new translations of vodolazkin

Dostoyevsky, for his psychological insight

good taste

if we have to do 19th century, Lermontov

Gogol

Turgenev. Kropotkin for nonfiction.

>That pic.
Kek. Also Dosto but only because he's the only one I've read. Reading Dead Souls right now and I'll probably read Petersburg next.

Erofeev.

Sasha Sokolov, closely followed by Victor Pelevin

Damn, that bitch is ugly.
As for favourite authors: Gogol, Tolstoy, Belyj. Platonov, Charms and Sologub are also great.

And Chekhov.

Fyodor desu.

Zamyatin, Tolstoy, Solzhenitsyn, Turgenev, Gorky, Grossman, and Chekhov I liked a lot too. There's still a few 'greats' I haven't gotten round to reading yet but I think the world of Russian lit definitely deserves its reverence.

Between Dostoevsky and Gogol for novels.
Chekhov for based short story inspiration.

Why is Dead Souls so fucking funny

coming from a joy division reference it certainly wasn't anything like i'd expected

quiet flows the don.
won a nobel prize
nobody ever talks about it

I only read AMERICAN, faggot...

Russians aren't even real white people anyways so why bother?

Most MAGApedes fag are Russophiles. a lot of them seem to believe Russia is some white hyper-conservatives Christian state.

>Sokolov
Oh wow, an actual patri-
>Pelevin
tard.

slava kpss

>those eyebrows
Jesus Christ, just use a bear trimmer.

it's been on my list for some time. i have 2 translations, struggling to determine which to read. any suggestions?

t. Jealous Cuck

Because it is primarily a satire of civil servants and landed gentry.

Here are mine:
Nekrasov, Borovnikov, Pasternak, Sergei Bulgakov, Florovensky, Lossky, Bryanchanniov, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Turgenev, Gogol, Gorky, Solzhy.

riverrun, my asshole snapped forward with a sickening squelch. from it, a glistening, crimson, fleshy pipe oozing a brownish-green liquid, like watery sewage-paste, highlighted by the scarletness of my prolapsed rectum. my gay friend Rascario's tongue flicked up and down the floppy appendage, circling around the descended hole and lightly pushing the pink organ inside the extraordinarily loose orifice, sucking it with a slurping echo the salty runaway juices.

Tolstoy
Having to think about this makes me realize Russian is undoubtedly behind English and French

Tolstoy for his short stories.