Would it really cause me a health problem if I ate raw salmon from the grocery store deli?

Would it really cause me a health problem if I ate raw salmon from the grocery store deli?

I'm craving sushi but i don't want to spend a bunch of money. Would it really hurt to just do this occasionally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UM4RNIAnv5s
youtube.com/watch?v=0yfJ88R2lI4
nrk.no/video/PS*233067
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You'd probably get parasites. Just cook it if it hasn't been certified as safe for eating raw.

But just once might be okay right? I mean i've eaten some sketchy cheap sushi in the past and it gave me the shits but no lasting issues

Pan fry dat samon and then put it on a plate and drench it in Vietnamese fish sauce. Thank me later, it's so tasty you won't stop eating it. Leave the skin for the end so it will be so drench and soaked in that sauce, just put it all in your mouth in one go and experience the explosion of flavor and euphoria. Welcome to heaven. It's 3am and I want samon now so fucking bad.

Alaskan here, Salmon ain't in season right now. Tread carefully cause that shits probably not fresh

Farmed salmon is actually better to eat raw than wild when it comes to parasites

>youtube.com/watch?v=UM4RNIAnv5s
>The worms give you extra protein!

youtube.com/watch?v=0yfJ88R2lI4

okay fine point taken. ill just eat chicken tonight

How about chicken sushi?

No.
nrk.no/video/PS*233067
They aren't even sealed away from the ocean in 9/10 cases.

Dude i have no idea what i'm watching i don't speak your ice language

That you know of. Maybe a round of anto-parasitic drugs might do you good.

ehh ill just die early life sucks anyway

Farmed is way worse, they have 10 times more sea lice.

That depends. If the fish is flash frozen there is almost no risk of parasites

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that basically the same thing as being certified as being safe for eating raw?

OP i see its too late and youve moved on to chicken but heres the thing.
Your grocery store fish may or may not be safe. There is no legal definition or industry standard to define "sushi grade". It is a marketing term and means absolutely nothing. What matters is that your grocery store is buying fresh fish from a reputable source and storing the fish properly. If you trust your monger and your own sense of sight smell and touch then you will be fine. If however your grocer is like most, the fish though technically "safe", will be old and at best have a weird texture.

I am assuming you are in the US and shop at places like Publix Lowes and Harris Teeter. You may want to see if you can get some of the frozen fish from their freezer and thaw it yourself. Yes 80% of your "fresh" grocery store fish is just "freshly thawed".

The vast majority of sushi is prepared from frozen fish.

Just buy my damn fish user

urgh, sounds disgusting

sashimi_irl

Some guy in LA did that and got a bunch of worms. If it ain't sushi grade don't do it

Make sure it's fresh and has never been frozen and you're good. Depends on which country you live in too. I'd eat raw salmon in Japan or Canada, but I wouldn't dare do it in the US or China.

You're being an asshole, trying to lure people into parasites. Sushi grade fish needs to be frozen. Osakana's super freezer, for example, maintains a temperature of -60°F.

Don't be an asshole.