Living in a hotel for 2 months with nothing but a microwave. What do, lads?

Living in a hotel for 2 months with nothing but a microwave. What do, lads?

Believe it or not there's a cookbook called Microwave Cooking For One.

Buy a shitty $20 rice cooker and put it away before letting housekeeping in. I've done hotel living for two summers for internships and a shitty little rice cooker gives you a little bit more freedom with your meals. In my experience, the staff don't seem to care so long as you aren't a retard about it leaving it out and about.

knorr
burritos

Seal all the windows and doors, put lots of metal in the microwave, then turn it on for 20 minutes.

I've always wondered what type of person would live in a motel, inn, or hotel for an extended period of time.

People that go somewhere for an extended period of time for their job but it's not long enough where it would make sense to get an apartment.

Being a key witness or shit like that. I was not legally required to be sequestered but I went through some similar shit. The state covered most of it but I nearly went insane and spent a lot of money trying to keep myself entertained for a month.

why does anime curry look so good

Attach a rope to the microwave, and tie it around your neck. Throw the microwave and yourself into the swimming pool and wait.

Damn man, I'd bother the Controller at work until he'd approve me getting an Airbnb over a hotel.

What the fuck is the reason not to do that?

I could not for the life of me get anyone to call me back for an apartment when I moved to a new city. So I lived in a motel for five months. It took five months before some kind soul at work had a friend that mentioned they needed money and was thinking of renting out a room.

find some glassware to microwave with

Your job is putting you up in a hotel for 2 months but not giving you a food stipend? The fuck?

A few years ago my work changed from flat per diem to "for the most part there's no limit but you have to keep your receipts and get reimbursed" because probably 80% of people that get per diem for the first time think "gee whiz, I'll eat nothing but instant noodles and pocket all the extra cash!"

Your employer seems greedy.

Change hotels. Residence Inn has a kitchenette or full kitchen in every room. They also have dinner and beer / wine 3-4 nights a week. Sonesta, Springhill Suites, etc. are also good hotel chains.

Welcome to capitalism 101. I'd suggest taking a seat up front to take in more of the lecture, you're a little behind the rest of the class.

No microwave:
>sandwiches
>salads
>cheese plates
>overnight oats
>overnight chiaseed pudding

Microwave:
>microwave couscous
>microwave quinoa
>microwave pasta+canned sauce
>microwave canned soup

In your situation I'd stick to eating salads and sandwiches since they're easy, wholesome, and you can get your daily green veg in them. I wouldn't fuck around with handling raw meat or eggs in a hotel room. If you just keep bread, cheese, cold cuts and mixed greens around, you can always build something around them.

If you pour boiled water into a thermos, it will retain the heat long enough to boil eggs you put in. You can fo the same thing with vegetables if you cut them small enough. If there is no kettle, buy a cheap one.

You can boil water in a microwave...

buy a 20$ grill u just plug in
ez as fuck

You know that extended stay hotels exist, right?

They have rooms with full kitchens or at least kitchenettes.

t. hotel front desk

Dont listen to this cuck. Marriotts suck

Go to a Home2 or Homewood

kinda dangerous though

>be american
>boil water in microwave
topkek
>get shot

Thats happening everywhere these days
Because people actually DID pocket all that cash

use this for boiling/saute
Microwave/steam your veggies.
Not a lot of people know, but microwaves are good for steaming shit.

also there is a french steaming technique called en papillot. it's usually used for fish but you can use a microwave instead. Always use parchment and never waxed paper.

Good time for fasting, loose some weight fatty.

Buy a skillet they're pretty cheap

My dad travels a lot and stays in motels, he keeps a small crock pot, a small electric burner with a skillet and a small gas grill he uses in the parking lot. Check out some trucker forums, they have all sorts of tips and tricks for living out of motels.

I should have clarified I meant electric skillet.

All the motels I've been in forbid the use of hotplates and toaster ovens. If you're allowed to use a stove, they provide one.

Hide it in your bag before you let anyone in the room. As long as you don't go full retard and somehow burn down the motel anyway, they shouldn't be looking in your bags.

Buy a hotplate and cheap pot. Make chili.

ThiS. had a 15 day day window between places when I sold my house. The dinners at "social hour" or whatever it is called are not gourmet but they are better then mcds or pizza every night. plus the in room kitchenette even had a dishwasher. and free beer/wine with the dinner also was worth the cost

Why would you do that when you could've lived in a private room in a hostel for half the price and then have a huge, properly equipped kitchen to work with?
Git gud.

I was a housekeeper and they literally won't care. Just be polite and upfront about it.

How is it dangerous?