What can I put on/add to steamed vegetables to make them a little more palatable? Not that they're bad on their own...

What can I put on/add to steamed vegetables to make them a little more palatable? Not that they're bad on their own, just a bit dull. I'm trying to include more veggies in my diet, so it would be nice to look forward to eating them rather than treating them as just a "filler" sort of dish.

I'd put olive oil, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar and maybe dill
Usually looking forward to eating the salad in a meal

Beans, tuna and rice/quinoa. Olive oil and cracked pepper on top. Cheap, easy and tastes good.

cheddar cheese

Depends. Cauliflower loves some tumeric or curry. Brokkoli is nice with some mustard. Cabbage is nice with some black pepper and mayo. Eggplant pairs with hot tomato sauces and garlic.

If they're dull, you didn't season them enough. Steamed vegetables need quite a bit of salt, since they contain so much water by themselves. You should also add butter or olive oil. Then do as the other anons said and add black pepper and one to three herbs or spices.

This without the vinegar. Seems a bit strange to put lemon and vinegar

I've been taught to like steamed veggies as is (only some salt added to the boiling water), but whenever I feel like doing something different I just integrate them directly into the rest of the food I'm making. A wok sauce made with any combo of carrot/broccoli/cauliflower/onion/cabbage is delicious, works both with or without meat in the mix.

Cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.

Steamed hams and clams

Tfw not a mealcuck so frozen vegetables are vividly flavorful to me even unseasoned

vinaigrette and flur de sel.

A light drizzle of toasted sesame oil.

Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, smoked paprika, various herbs, nutmeg, chili powder, cinnamon, ginger, sumac... in roughly descending order of how often and how much I use.

And that's just spices. For condiments, maggi, soy sauce, fish sauce, all kinds of vinegars, oyster sauce, lemon and lime juice, worcestershire.

A lot depends on what veggies you're working with and what flavor profile you're aiming at, too.

This is what I use. I think it's amazing. To make it more fun, you can even make your own instead of buying it.

bechamel sauce and lots of cheese

Salt and pepper. olive oil. butter

If you like garlic, you can chop some up finely. Then put a bit oil in a wok, get it to medium heat, put in the garlic, stir for a few seconds then put in your steamed vegetables and stir. Add salt and pepper. Boom you now have Chinese stir fry vegetables.

Fucking salt, you tard. Also most seasonings have basically no calories. Season things and don't steam them until they are mushy shit.

I love broccoli cooked in soy sauce and fresh garlic

When I was a kid I used to put mint sauce all over them

I'll tell you what I tell every user:

>lemon pepper
>soy sauce
>cayenne pepper
>salt
>dill

I never tried the siracha mayo, always thought it was a meme.

but i'll never not upvote Lee Kum Kee

Soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.

>What can I put on/add to steamed vegetables to make them a little more palatable?

Have you tried some spices?

this is a ogod option but personally i like the trio of soya sauce, hoisin and sriracha