What does your reading space look like, Veeky Forums?

what does your reading space look like, Veeky Forums?

pic related is mine. pretty comfy but some artwork on the wall would be nice, any suggestions?

Wish I had a reading space, I still live with my parents, not moving out until March 2018. Gibe ideas please.

I'm also still living with my parents, my reading space is just a corner in my room. Can't wait to finally move out though. If your room is big enough put a chair in a corner and surround it with something, like plants or a bookshelf. The reading space should be warmly lit and a bit cut off from the rest of the room to make it comfy.

I like reading around different places outside my apartment like coffee shops or the student center of my school because I feel more pressured to actually read and not get distracted if other people are present
Thus building has a rooftop garden that is quiet and nice for reading and I can get coffee inside then bring it out there

Ditch the keyboard and Squier though.
Or trade them for a little mahogany Martin.

old chair

Still looking forward to my man cave, complete with a table dedicated to a pipe im never going to smoke

I call this work "pseud corner"

The banal forest photo in tapestry form represents the lack of true exploration by the archetypal pseud, opting instead to view a secondhand version of things.

All of the particleboard furniture has been stained with varnish based on no actual type of wood, but with colors that look like wood to those don't know better. As a humorous touch, I placed an unfunctional pallet (with the same faux-wood varnish) next to the ugly chair. Some have suggested this is immersion-breaking as no real human would be enough of a pseud to use a pallet as decoration.

Feel free to explore the piece for the other easter eggs I've lain about. The wooden wine glass is a real doozy

Absolutely brutal yet spot on.

Nice, but not close. Good enough to make me want defend myself, so credits to you.

The “unfunctional pallet“ is a sofa. Why would i place an empty Pallet in my living room?

The wood is not tarnished. Its burned.

I also have a forest right in front of my door. I see why the wallpaper might seem tacky though.

But one question remains: what is the purpose of your post? Just trying to get rid of some toxicity?

I read on the bus. I need background noise

I prefer having a bed to read on, since i sit down so much otherwise. I only use this room for reading.

Why is there a cat figurine on the player? Seems annoying to put it away and on again each time you flip or change the record

Ikea chair is acceptable if you must. Plants are cosy.

Ditch the instruments, music is for fags.

Pathetic.

b t f o

hi qt! what do you like to read?

>Ditch the instruments, music is for fags.
I'm a max 6/10 but got with 30+ girls before meeting my wife, thanks to me being a musician at college.

ah, i get what you mean. Its not on top of it tho, its on the side of it. You just cant see the whole thing.

older picture, but its on the left of my record player.

Infinite Jest. I only read Infinite Jest.

>what is the purpose of your post?

Just shitposting and having fun. The poster is tacky, but who the fuck am I to judge.

I will say I think these threads are retarded. One of the great things about Veeky Forums is that it generally lacks the look-at-me narcissistic lifestyle contwnt that "literary" social media is rife with. To me, this kind of thread replicates that, having nothing to do with actual books or ideas, and everything to do with the concept of reading. Is Borges better when read in a smoky oak den? Or maybe a sleek Scandinavian library?

So I take it back. Maybe my original post was to turn the vapidity of this mediocre thread up to 11 as to point out its ugly worthlessness. I mock your reading nook as tacky and stupid, you get defensive with "its burnt wood not varnish, and I do go outside goddamnit!"

Now what?

>caring about racking up a body count

Start with the scholastics.

Nice LARPing there faggot

Ah i see. There also a real cat to sit upon it and prevent you from changing records.

Dark room and lie in bed

I never cared about the count, more the experience and variety. I am glad I sowed my wild oats when I was younger though. I have very few regrets because even when I was young, I knew youth was fleeting and should be taken advantage of.

I often read /pol/, and the idea of being an inexperienced young man living in fear of his own body and the opposite sex makes no sense to me. To throw away your youth and spend it living vicariously online, conducting pseudo-research to justify your shortfalls and transmogrify your weaknesses into virtues. To eschew responsibilities, experiences, and joy under the guise of intellectual and moral superiority. I wonder how so many young men could be fucked up - their parents probably coddled them too much and didn't encourage them to leave their comfort zones.

Well. You know, you're right. This thread is narcissistic shit without value. I honestly can't tell why I participated.
Have a good one user.

Luckily, so far that haven't happened yet. She's a lazy fluffy cat. Shes always with me when i read though, so it's never lonely

I agree there is some benefit to fucking a lot of sluts in your youth to get it out of your system desu, especially since our society glorifies youthful promiscuity to such a degree that people are borderline traumatised by not experiencing it.

It's some sort of rite of passage, but the conclusion at the other end of it would be to consider it vain, I think.

There is a lot to be said for a life (mostly) free of music though. It lessens the constant indoctrination with the dominant memes of your era when you stop listening to repeated linguistic programming set to a hypnotising rhythm.

I'm ugly and really short. Consider yourself btfo.

>especially since our society glorifies youthful promiscuity to such a degree that people are borderline traumatised by not experiencing it.
I don't think this is true at all. People regret things they could have done and didn't, pure and simple. Life is short and experiences are the true contact with reality. I'm not talking about promiscuity, but experience in general. There is a reason so many sheltered, prematurely bitter young men rant and rave on Veeky Forums about why their "choice" to eschew life experience is such a virtuous path: they are miserable and need to grab on to something to get them through the nights.

Also, interesting my previous post was deleted, I wonder why?

And I have a deviated septum, mild pectus carinatum, and glasses. Just because you didn't win the genetic lottery doesn't mean you should give up or let your deficiencies rule your life.

>I don't think this is true at all. People regret things they could have done and didn't, pure and simple. Life is short and experiences are the true contact with reality. I'm not talking about promiscuity, but experience in general.
Not getting laid is something young men regret a lot more since it's much more valued and not doing so makes you an emasculated mocked outcast.

People don't feel as distraught about not backbacking through Thailand as they do about not losing their virginity. Not all experiences are valued equally.

>There is a reason so many sheltered, prematurely bitter young men rant and rave on Veeky Forums about why their "choice" to eschew life experience is such a virtuous path: they are miserable and need to grab on to something to get them through the nights.
This is what sluts do online as well though, as do minorities and bitter old ladies and divorced men. Everyone self-justifies, the internet just made it a lot more visible and easier for likeminded people to get together in their respective echo chambers.

Glasses are adorable on everyone, it is a known fact.